No announcement yet.

FS: 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 - $20K ( Or Closest Offer ) - Long Island, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 - $20K ( Or Closest Offer ) - Long Island, NY

Hi Everyone. I am selling this 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88. I originally wanted to button up the loose ends first (to be listed below) and then list this for $25k. I got in over my head and purchased too many cars at a time to sell. I need to free up some space and get the other projects out of my friends shop. This long boy here takes up a good bit of room at my little 1200 sq ft office. The car has been fully restored. There are a few things that require attention to take it from 98/99 to a full 100%.

Asking $20K (or very best offer)

DETAILS...

4 owners in its lifetime (as I was told). All lights, horn, gauges, etc work great. Built by the 4th owner to be a traditional Bellflower style lowrider. 67,000 (or so) miles currently. This was shipped to NY from Michigan. It has a clean title.

-Engine: original 394 - painted Satin Gold
    -Transmission: original 3-speed Hydramatic
    -Custom aluminum radiator
    -Converted to GM 3-wire alternator
    -Updated wiring
    -New motor mounts
    -New headliner
    -Gas tank cleaned and flushed
    -All fluids flushed and replaced
    -Transmission pan gasket and flush
    -All new freeze plugs in block
    -New battery
    -New oil pan gasket
    -New valve cover gaskets
    -New fuel lines
    -New fuel pump
    -New trans vent and dipstick tubes
    -New exhaust manifold gaskets
    -New plugs and plug wires
    -New intake manifold gasket
    -New distributor
    -New brake master cylinder
    -New stainless brake lines
    -New shocks
    -New ball joints
    -New control arm bushings
    -Rebuilt brakes all around
    -NEW CARBURETOR INSTALLED 07/2018

CUSTOM WORK.........

-Body painted Champagne.

-Roof painted with 1960 Mercedes Silver base and 6 oz. Roth Sublime Green metal flake

-Custom exhaust: originally had a 2-into-1, but converted to a true dual exhaust with straight pipes and Bellflower tips.

-Custom air ride suspension consisting of Air-Lift bags, 1/2 DOT air lines, brass air fittings, 2 VIAIR compressors (with a kill switch for cold-start mornings and a 5-gallon tank. All controlled by 4 paddle levers and monitored by 4 gauges. Car lays on its frame.

-Detroit steel wheels with Bias-Ply Coker tires. Brake drums painted white.

-Custom 2-tone interior

ISSUES / THINGS NEEDED (AS SAID BY PREVIOUS OWNER)....

-Seats need to be redone. They appear to have been vandalized

-Needs new crank pulley. (Supposedly, there is a loud rattle. I haven't heard it, but still wanted to change it since it was mentioned).

-Body has a few light rust spots. Body is said to be 98% rust free and totally free of rot.

-Small transmission leak from vent tube. (He said that he just tops it off once a year)

-Passenger-side exhaust manifold has a small leak that he says is only noticeable when the car is ice cold and sealed once warmed up. Needs a new gasket.

-Emergency brake is said to not be working as well.

-Interior dome light cover has a crack.

SERVICING UNDER MY CARE SO FAR...

-Radiator flush and fill

-Both headlights replaced (not the high beams)

-Air management redone by Rat4life in NJ. The old setup had a steel tank and braided lines. It now has an aluminum tank with hard lines and a shrader valve.

The car runs and drives good, although it could use a tune-up. It would also be ready for crushing at the shows, if it weren't for the seats. It has the original AM radio. Good to have your phone FULLY charged to play some tunes. It DEFINITELY helped with the ride from Long Island to New Jersey and back!

I can also put you in contact with the dispatcher that I use to find the best rate if you need the car delivered.

Please feel free to send me a text with offers or any questions that may not have been answered. Thank you for looking.

-Diallo

Three_Four_Seven_680_Three_Zero_Three_Seven

Last edited by UNF0RGIVEN; 10-24-2017, 07:25 PM. Reason: Always have issues with pic uploading

The Ripped Seats

Comment

Air management by Rat4life....

Comment

Comment

Engine bay...

Comment

The Cockpit...

Comment

Dome light works...

The plastic in the center is cracked...

Comment

I will consider a trade of a nice Winter vehicle plus cash as well. Good condition, decent mileage and clean title. No projects please. I have people looking for vehicles to get them around during the Winter. If interested, please show me what you have.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Cyber Monday bump!

Comment

BUMP.... PRICE REDUCED $16,000 OBO. 1 year later and still for sale. Lots of inquiries, but the trigger has not been pulled.

Comment

Working...
                    X