Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 96 Tdi Cabrio

blackforest industries sells them dude.

used to get all my lips for $20 at goingfast.org but for some odd reason the site does not exist anymore

yeah thats where i got it at when i was at h20, snapped it this weekend tho
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

snapped mine too, getting on the alignment rack. tried to jump on it on the lowest height setting.

should've gone to an inground rack.

small update with my drop plates...prolly not gonna run them

full lift :what:

dropped...still messing with this...ie need to hammer the fenders more lol

97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

one of the rear threads that i follow

good work mister

(why not opt for vr6 lip) i know u cant go as low then but...

tire now sits on inner fender, i have some of the masontech greatplates but i think itll move the wheel too far backwards and ill just have another problem so as of right now the drop plates are off the car

i tried a vr lip and it sits on the ground before ive done anything to the rockers to really get the car low in the front
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

i will try the oem vr lip one this time. my cheapo ones shattered and with the notches, when i drop the fronts on a sloped angle; when the vr lip hits the ground the clips pop out haha.

there's not much to gain with the drop plates although the lift is "good enough" even in emergencies... just opt to hammer in the rear fenders and hammer in the rear beam... they're both free and you will keep the lift

problem is that the real vr lips are hard to come by these days (in euroland), and expensive (100$) for what they are

bought myself a fake one, two times, first one stayed on a week, second a month, now i've got a good knock off, mich is still on after 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by nap83 View Post
    i will try the oem vr lip one this time. my cheapo ones shattered and with the notches, when i drop the fronts on a sloped angle; when the vr lip hits the ground the clips pop out haha.

there's not much to gain with the drop plates although the lift is "good enough" even in emergencies... just opt to hammer in the rear fenders and hammer in the rear beam... they're both free and you will keep the lift
    I actually gained what i wanted with the plates, but the tire is now sitting all the way up front against the front inner fender well so i have hit the limits of the car without really starting to cut everything away which i dont feel like doing at all, just soo much metal to move
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG