No announcement yet.

96 Tdi Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tire now sits on inner fender, i have some of the masontech greatplates but i think itll move the wheel too far backwards and ill just have another problem so as of right now the drop plates are off the car

i tried a vr lip and it sits on the ground before ive done anything to the rockers to really get the car low in the front
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

i will try the oem vr lip one this time. my cheapo ones shattered and with the notches, when i drop the fronts on a sloped angle; when the vr lip hits the ground the clips pop out haha.

there's not much to gain with the drop plates although the lift is "good enough" even in emergencies... just opt to hammer in the rear fenders and hammer in the rear beam... they're both free and you will keep the lift

Comment

problem is that the real vr lips are hard to come by these days (in euroland), and expensive (100$) for what they are

bought myself a fake one, two times, first one stayed on a week, second a month, now i've got a good knock off, mich is still on after 6 months
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by nap83 View Post
          i will try the oem vr lip one this time. my cheapo ones shattered and with the notches, when i drop the fronts on a sloped angle; when the vr lip hits the ground the clips pop out haha.

there's not much to gain with the drop plates although the lift is "good enough" even in emergencies... just opt to hammer in the rear fenders and hammer in the rear beam... they're both free and you will keep the lift
          I actually gained what i wanted with the plates, but the tire is now sitting all the way up front against the front inner fender well so i have hit the limits of the car without really starting to cut everything away which i dont feel like doing at all, just soo much metal to move
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
          X