Clear All

Wow, really looking forward to this

Comment

This is great!
      Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Amazing creativity there. Kudos!

Comment

looking forward to see this thing come along!

Comment

Originally posted by JonhuuW201 View Post
            Wow, really looking forward to this
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              This is great!
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
                Amazing creativity there. Kudos!
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dat_Yota View Post
                  looking forward to see this thing come along!
                  thanks!

Comment

Been working with the roof about 10 days, trying to get it as smooth as possible. With lines like this need to be very carefull because even 1mm will tell a lot with the paint on it.
                    It´s now full spotwelded and on it´s full place were it needs to be. Need to fabricate some support inside the car now but everythings good.
                    I only have this one picture but I will update those pictures in the weekend with better ones.

IMG-20171217-WA0016.jpg

Also got some repair panels, been waiting these for a while. So left side rocker panel and left side quarter panel, trying to cut and replace the old ones in the last days on this year.
                    I just noticed when i got the package that the courier have been maybe throwing or something the package because the quarter panel has a about 20cmx20cm low spott in the biggest area of the panel. Hopefully i will manage with that with small planishing. Time tells.
                    So, when you look at the pictures, you see i've been welding the rocker panel. Where i did the cut and replaced with straight metal there's the place where the front fender should attach? Yes, no more with original attach place and no more with the chrome molding in the rocker. Need to weld those holes shut.

IMG-20171220-WA0007.jpg

image51.jpg

image52.jpg

Here's the updates for now, more pictures after the weekend when i get more to show. Also got some ideas with the rear doors, with moulding's and trimmin. Have to make some measurements and cut some more metal.
                    There's everything for now, happy holidays everyone.
                    Last edited by JuusoEt; 12-22-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Soo second update for today! Damn. I promised to you guys that i will take pictures of the whole car outside when i got that to this spot, and now there's also snowing so i got the right time.
                      Here you go.

FULL-LAID-OUT

image53.jpg

image54.jpg

image55.jpg

image56.jpg

image57.jpg

Comment

So much win in one car

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Been working with the Benz's rocker panels, both in/outside panels. As i told you i ordered beading machine last month. It did came to me just after christmas and been using that since then, trying to get it working with sheet metal. Lot of work to learn but i think i'm getting there.
                          So first, i cutted all of the outer rocker panels on the left side of the car and placed the new one on with clappers. Fit pretty good, only need to repair few corners on the pilars because in the factory they were cutted too much near those pilar lines.
                          Thought there wasn't much rust but after i did get the rocker out the thruth was different. The whole rocker panel was full of rust inside so both needs replacing. Here's one picture of what it looks like.

image58.jpg

image62.jpg

Stupidy to think 42 years old car dont got much rust, even because these panels were replaced in the 90's! So i thought i will replace everything with new steel.

image60.jpg

image59.jpg

image61.jpg

Because i want to do as much as possible with myself this is what it looks like now. I don't own sheet metal bender so i have to do those bends myself and this technique what shows in the picture is quite easy, just needs much precise hammerin so it is really, like really straight. Rolled those panels with the beading machine, pushing those lines 2mm through the material and it's really tough even when i tryid to bend it.
                          All those sheets are from 1.2mm thick material, old ones were around 1.4mm but because those bends hardens the rocker i think it will do the job. Those lower parts from the pilars i'm making with 2mm material, did those A / B pilars bottom parts already but didn't take any picture, but will next time when i got something to uppdate.
                          In this last picture the rocker line is 1 inch from the floor, that is right line where outer rocker will be welded. And thats the line what i want to lay to the ground when the car is dropped.

As you can see, i'm making only the first section between A/B pilars because that rocker is the only part now what holds those door frames on the spot. Need to be precise and steady when doing these.

Well, that's for now. More updates as soon as i get the whole rocker done and more pictures to show you.
                          Last edited by JuusoEt; 01-09-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Damn bud that some really great work!!

Comment

Are you gonna keep the bare metal stock wheel look?

Comment

great job, I'm full of admiration

Comment

Working...
                                X