Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Horn Adapter Plate for BBS Steering Wheel

Hey Guys,

I had an idea for the horn button design of the BBS Steering Wheels, so I decided to bring it to fruition; this is the end result. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or reply here. Thanks for looking!

WHAT DOES IT DO?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    This piece will lock into place onto the original 2-piece horn button that comes with the steering wheels. It'll allow you to run the resin top out of a 70mm BBS center cap of choice rather than the horn's original resin piece. The horn button remains fully functional and you get the added benefit of customizing the look of your steering wheel to match your interior and/or wheels.

HOW DO YOU INSTALL IT?
    If your BBS horn button is the 2-piece type, simply twist the original top half counterclockwise and remove it. You will be left with the bottom half of the horn button. Take the horn adapter plate and twist it clockwise in the place of the original top piece until it clicks/locks into place - that simple.

The particular design of this adapter plate allows it to sit flush with the steering wheel's face just like the original BBS horn design. In order to accomplish this the resin portion of the 70mm BBS Cap you use must be removed from the 3-Tab Backing Plate and installed onto the adapter. This extra step is pretty straightforward, using a heat gun apply heat to the center cap's backing plate to soften up the double-sided tape. This will allow you to pry off the resin BBS logo piece off the backing plate. Now, simply secure it onto the horn adapter plate using the provided 3M 9474LE double-sided adhesive.

WHAT IS INCLUDED?
    Assembled BBS Horn Adapter Plate
    • CNC'ed Acrylic Plate
    • 3D Printed ABS Plastic Locking Plate
    • 3M 9474LE Adhesive to secure BBS Logo Resin
    BBS Logo 70mm Center Cap NOT included

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
    The price is set at $80 USD + Shipping & PayPal Fees. Worldwide shipping is available, please contact me for a quote.

Last edited by dannyloski; 10-19-2017, 07:10 PM.
Working...
X