An Integra Build "Better than expected"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Integra Build "Better than expected"

This was a really quick build of mine that I figured I'd share with you. So here it is, I'll keep it short.

It's a 1994 Acura Integra GSR Sedan (DB8)

I acquired the car in early 2016 as a bare shell, it was converted to RHD, however, it was missing everything for the conversion
    besides the dash, subframe, and carpet. Everything aside from those three parts that came with it were tossed in the trash. So all I had was a
    bare shell with no wiring.. no interior.. no engine.. wrecked core support.. trashed doors and trunk lid.. the only reason I kept it was
    because it was a clean title GSR chassis and RHD.

With no plans for it, or any idea of where to begin.. I pushed it into my backyard, and that's where it sat indefinitely.

Looking back, of course it would have been much easier just to buy another complete integra, then convert that to RHD instead.. but I
    like a challenge, and building cars from the ground up is fun for me.

A few months later..

A friend of mine in NC acquired a RHD Integra shell some time while mine was chilling in the back yard. He eventually wound up losing
    motivation and wanted to get rid of it, so before he did I hit him up and ended up getting 80% of the parts to finish the conversion through
    him. So huge shout out to my buddy Arnie.

I was stoked to receive those parts, but still didn't touch the car for a while. It took me some time to gain some motivation to get
    this project rolling.

With my other projects done, and out of the way.. I decided to think about actually working on the DB8.

I knew it needed a new core support, and I love the look of the JDM front ends, so I ordered one up

As soon as I saw that JDM front end arrive at my shop, I gained a ton of motivation.

I immediately tore the front end apart as soon as I got it back to my house, and the day after, I cut the damaged core support off of my car, and welded
    the new one on.. then shaved a few unnecessary holes, and painted the engine bay my favorite red.

While I was in there, I made up some new brake lines - nothing fancy, just a clean ABS delete.

It was actually starting to take shape..

Next on the list of things needed, was.. well everything..

The only way I knew of how to get "everything" was to buy a donor car. I ended up scoring one at auction after some time searching - an all
    original 2001 GS sedan with only 100,000 original miles. (Wrecked w/ salvage title)

The same day I won the car, I got it towed to my house. That night, I completely tore it apart. The day after, and it was sitting in my back
    yard in pieces.

I now had most everything that I needed to complete the car, so it was time to bring the shell and my accumulated parts to my shop and
    install everything.

One week later, after some long hours at the shop, the car was running and driving with all of the parts from the donor. I even found time to
    paint the door jambs. The complete 01 wiring even came with an OEM alarm which I thought was awesome.

During that week some time, I knew the project was getting close to completion and needed some actual wheels.

I started the search on craigslist with low hopes of finding anything - but by chance, and mostly luck, actually ended up finding some of my dream
    wheels, Work Meister S1R's in my same bolt pattern, however, the specs were a bit more aggressive than I had hoped for. I never initially intended to
    stance this car, but couldn't pass them up.

The day after purchasing them, I took them back to my shop for a test fit. The rears looked like they'd fit with minimal effort, but the fronts
    would definitely require some work.

With the car running and driving, with actual doors, bumpers, a trunk, interior, and wheels... I got it towed home.

It was time for the fun to begin, the body work and paint process.

I'm very familiar with paint and body, so the main portion of the work only took me a few days to complete. The fender work to fit the wheels perfectly
    however.. took a bit longer.

With all of the body work done, primered, and blocked out - it was time to seal the car, and lay down some paint.

The day after paint, I got to assemble everything permanently. This is what I most look forward to at the start of any project.

The whole time that I was doing the fender work, and dialing in the fitment - the car was static. Obviously I knew that with how tight my fitment
    was, that it would be impossible to drive. Not wanting to raise the car up, and put my fender work to waste, I bagged it.

Around a week later, I cut and buffed the entire car to a mirror-finish.

In only a month or two, all of this work was completed. I never had a plan, or an idea in my head. I never originally had it in my mind to stance it,
    bag it, or turn it into a show car. I just wanted to quickly build the car taking up space in my backyard into something that I could actually drive.

I may have gotten a little carried away though - and it turned out way
    better than expected.

I never planned on making a build thread for this car in the beginning, so the pictures are pretty low quality and sporadic, and there's a lot of details I left
    out on this build, I wanted to keep it short - I could have went on forever. If you have any questions feel free to reply or message me. Thanks for looking!

- I still have plans for this car, although I do consider it 90% done for what I want to do with it. -

- I consider this practice for my next project, which is to complete the car that I put on the back burner, which will be my actual show car. So look forward to that. (It's a Honda) -

Nice build that Integra looks awesome and really clean with that color.

Comment

Awesome job man, the car looks super clean. I love the color you chose, props for laying the paint down yourself!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

That's awesome!! Well done man, great color and execution.
        sigpic
        Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

Awesome work, literally from nothing as well.
          What amazes me more is that you're now gonna build a show car?? 'Cos this ain't good enough??

Comment

Damn, did not expect the finish from seeing it in the beginning. That paint turned out amazing and good choice on the wheels and air. That fitment is spot on.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Man, you can't do this to me. Just last night I was thinking of selling my Lude for a 4 door Integra. Then I come on stanceworks and see this.

Comment

So many threads on here drag on for months or years and then just disappear, but I'm so glad this delivered!
                Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Simple and perfect.

So many cars out here have just too much going on.

Congrats, well done with this.

Comment

Thanks for posting and it looks great!
                    1995 E36 Chaos Coupe
                    2000 E46 Touring
                    2006 E46 Coupe
                    2006 E46 ZHP Convertible

Comment

nicely done!

Comment

Wow! this thing looks fantastic. Very interesting to see someone build a sedan.
                        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

this is beautiful, very nicely done.
                          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Comment

This thread deserves a bump.

It's amazing to me how quickly you put this together.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Because of the format of this build thread, being compacted into one single post, this thread will eventually get buried and forgotten since there's not really going to be any constant updates like a normal thread, unfortunately.

I appreciate all of you who have had the chance to view it, however, and will definitely post an update if I happen to do something to the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X