Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second car with 18? Hell yeah! My 1992 Opel Corsa A Swing / Vauxhall Nova

Hi,
    my name is Tom, Im 18 years old and Iam from Germany. My dad is a motorcar mechanic since 25 years in the local Opel dealership so I grew up whith the brand Opel.
    I have a 1998 Opel Corsa B as a daily with steelies, KW coilovers and some other goodies.
    But Ive always wanted another car, especially an older car, and It should be an Opel.
    Last Thursday I went to look at this little 1992 Corsa A which I found on the internet, the ad says that it was in the garage for 15 years now because the owners died and the the people who buyed the apartment with garden and the garage had this car still in there. Now they want to sell it. So I drove 120km and I did take a look with a local buddy (also a huge car fan, he has the sickest Corsa B in Germany), who lives in the town but didnt even know that there is this little Corsa left in the garage. The body condition was very good because the garage is dry, so it has almost no rust, underneath it looked like brand new (didnt even had a bit rust on the wishbone!) and then I realised that I need to buy this thing.
    So I called my dad which was on holiday and I told him everything about the car and how much I need it. He said that I can buy it, but we have no room for it (we need to find a shop soon).

2 days ago at my dads birthday we borrowed the wrecker from his work and we take the little Corsa home. It was 15 years in the garage but you could push it easily!
    Here a pic from the garage in which the car was for 15 years:

On the wrecker:

Finally at home:

Next day (which was yesterday) I gave it a wash:

The paint looks better than on my 1998 Corsa B (and its exactly the same red!):

Cleaned the inside and tooked the seat covers off:

Looks like brand new.

In the engine bay was a squirrel or something, so it is a bit dirty:

But thats no big deal.

Now a little bit about the history of the car and then I tell you which plans I have:
    The only owner (Im the second owner) died in 2002. His wife drove it till 2003 and she deregistered it in 2005. It has 33.397 kilometres on it, was every year (it drove around 4000 kilometres per year) at the dealership for service.
    Over the car in the garage was hanging a roof box for the car, we opened it there and inside was still the wheelchair from the owners. We left it there because I only wanted the 2 basic roofracks.
    It has also the sticker with the Tom & Jerry advertisement which is really cool:

And inside I found an map of Germany from 2001/2002:

Now to the plans which I have:
    I want to lower it on coils, I already have the coils with shorter springs for the front here:

I want to put 15 inch Astra F steelies on which I also have:

And then I need a nice exhaust, and I want to change some little things like steering wheel (already have one too).

But first it needs to run so it gets an big service.

Stay tuned!
    Greets Tom (sorry for my bad english)

I like how these cheap old cars are making a come-back, keep her clean and if you rip that tom and jerry sticker off, you will make a great enemy.

Comment

I love the sticker.

Comment

Oh Germany and your weird cars. Looks like a fun project man.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Good look man!

Comment

Damn this thing looks mint, especially the interior. That sticker tho, I would have that remade if possible to have in your collection, its so rad.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Thanks guys!
              I dont rip the Tom & Jerry Sticker off, I love it.
              Today I putted the back suspension in... Its not really low, so I definitely need to press the springs.
              All bolts were going out very smooth, no problems. I hope I have time for putting the front in this week.
              But now a picture of the back:

Greets Tom

Comment

You're making me want to go out and get an old Vauxhall

Comment

Get one, I love this little cars, but most of them have rust.
                  But if u find one without rust, get it. Motors are cheap, mine for example is an little 1.4l 8v wiht 60hp. You have so much options for making more power. You can put parts like camshaft and head from the 1.3s in it, you can put parts from the Daewoo Nexia 1.5 on it or you can swap it for the 1.6l 8v and have 75hp and a little bit more torque (you need to change nothing when you put the 1.6 in, not even the ECU).
                  And with coilovers and good wheels they drive like a Go Kart.

Comment

Today me and my dad fitted the front coilovers... Its now about 110mm lower than stock in the front. The 15 inch steelies are fitting, but its very tight between coilover and rim.
                    The back still need to be 2cm lower.
                    With the 15 inch:

It looks so much better in the front with coils:

With stock winter wheels (tyre is rubbing at the spring in the front):

About 3cm clearance under the catalysator:

Its getting interesting.

Greets Tom
                    Last edited by SoapHero; 10-18-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Just remember, if you ever lose the keys, take out the hazard light switch and turn it upsidesdown

Top, Gear, Top Gear, Top Gear UK, UK, Season 21, Episode 1, S20 E01, 21x01, funny, moments, Jeremy Clarkson, shows, how, to, steal, Vauxhall Nova SRi, BBC
                      I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Yeah, but I have 3 keys, I dont think I lose all 3

Comment

I buyed another Tom & Jerry Sticker which was on ebay (not the same like the sticker on the car), and Ive buyed another rear backbox. Very cheap but a big 90mm tip, but I change the tip to an nice 50mm or 60mm tip which will look much better. And then I want to test fit the 16inch wheels from my Corsa B and install the other steering wheel. I hope I can do everything this week.
                          Oh and then I need a timing belt and oil filter for the service, so that I can finally try if the engine runs.

Greets Tom

Comment

Here a little picture how it sits now:

Needs more low in the back.
                            Today im ordering a new timing belt kit with water pump, new ignition cables and new spark plugs.
                            When all of this is installed I can finally try if it starts, Im excited.

Greets Tom

Comment

Installed all the engine parts. Its cranking but bot running because of the relay shit which somebody put in (the fuelpump doesnt get power).... Need to figure that out.
                              Plan for the exhaust is a swapable catalysator (for TÜV) and fake catalysator (empty) and then no mid resonator but a Supersprint backbox.
                              It should shoot flames with ignition cut

Greets Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X