Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight outta Germany. Jetta 4 Wagon

Hey guys,
    First to introduce myself: my name is Michael, I'm 27 years old and I work as a car mechanic at a VW shop here in Germany.

I've been reading through this forums for some years yet and I thought it's time for me to start a build thread for my own now.
    It's not going to be a "I rip my whole car apart and do everything new" kinda thread as I don't want to spend my whole free time apart from my work in cars too but I'm going to give the best I can do for my car as well.

I also have to say sorry for my English in advance

Okay.. now the part which is the most interesting for you out there:

As I'm working at a VW shop I think it's kinda common that I also have an obsession with VW s
    My first car in 2008 was a VW Corrado, it was nothing special because I haven't had much money but I got into the car game *yesssssss
    (no pictures at the moment as my cell phone is broken)

Then in 2010 I sold my Corrado and got a mk6 Golf GTI. Put on coils, some 19 inch VW Helios wheels, widened fenders, turbo back exhaust and some other things. Changed a little during the time of course. I will show pics when I have my cell phone back again.

Since I had this car since 2010 I got a little bored and bought the car which is going to be the subject of this thread

A 2003 VW Jetta mk4 Wagon (called Bora over here)
    it came with a 1.9 TDI (150 hp) 4 motion
    Oceanic green Cox
    Chrome trims
    and nearly everything you could order here in Germany

It already had 200.000 kilometers on it but I'm pretty sure it will do another 200k and more as this is one o the best motors VW has ever built in my opinion

I got it last year in November and now I'm making it one of my own

Here are some pics I took as I got it

Then bought a new steering wheel

Some low h&r coils as the old suspension was already falling apart, also put my 17inch wheels on

And later on before the Wörthersee in may this year some 9x19 Touareg wheels with 215/35 tires

It wasn't really low at that moment as it should be TÜV approved, because of all the police here

But it couldn't stay like that

Fitment was really close at that height in the front so next step was widening the fenders

This happened last week

And this is where I am now

And some little comparison to a stock bora of a friend of mine

I'll get my front and fenders painted next year because it is my daily driver and I also have to drive it in the snow

Alright, that's it so far..

I'll keep this thread updated and if you like to see I will also post some pics of my recent cars as well

Stay low and greetings from Germany

wow, just wow bud!!!! Keep it up.

Comment

Had a little photoshooting with a friend

and it was finally time to put the wheels for winter on
      but I decided that 17 or 18 inch wasn't enough so I also put some 9x19s on

Comment

looks great! my fave oem VW wheels.
        @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Awesome! Keep it up MEIN LIEBER FREUND!

Comment

Oh fuck yes. Definitely watching this build.

Comment

Good looking car! Great work, definitely watching this.

Do you have any issues with the subframe with those 19" ? In my daily -02 i have 1" raised/reinforced subframe with 17" and still scrapes, needs some replacement to the subframe soon.
              I recommend you raise that subframe if you are going any lower than that. It's pretty easy to do, it's just need lot of dissemble.

Comment

Thanks guys

Actually the subframe isn't raised yet
                I will be going a tad lower next year as I want to try some 225 30 19 which should get me more clearance between the tires and fenders, but I will also get 0.8cm closer to the ground.. but I think it should work out without a raised subframe - it's not scraping that much at the moment - clearance should be around ~3cm between subframe and the streets now. I'm just curious when I will hit my oilsump for the first time

This weekend I bought some 20/25year anniversary stuff which will be installed next year

and I had the chance to park next to a Touareg with the same wheels on, but it's just 18inches on the Touareg - still looks kinda funny how much different the rims appear with more meatier tires on

Comment

brace yourselves
                  winter is coming

Comment

Hey, fellow Mk4 wagoneer here. Did you put in an aftermarket swaybar, or are you running without one? I am contemplating removing mine, but am curious about the ride quality? Love the car.

Comment

no, it's the original swaybar and I don't have any problems with it, but mine is 4wd

if you have issues with the swaybar you should switch it into an 4wd one, but you have to change the front struts as well because the coupling bar (? I don't know if that works is correct.. the bar which is between the swaybar and your lower control arm) is between the swaybar and the strut there.

Comment

This is really cool man! You're making me want a wagon even more...

Comment

Happy New Year

Comment

Okay guys, time for some updates!

It's been a while and I've changed quite a few things since then.

At first I bought some new tyres for the summer time and mounted them on. A size I've never heard from - 225 30 19
                            They are a little wider but smaller than my old 215 35 19

Centimeters, because Germany ^^

Pics mounted on the car will come later in this post.

Then my car was leaking so I had to pull everything out of the car, dry it, clean it, seal it..

Then, after all I got some new paint - yay

If you're interested in pics of the fresh painted parts just let me know, I have a few

And now... this exact day I put my summer wheels on back again. I just have to go a little deeper in the front but here we are

Okay, that's it for now..
                            Excuse my bad english, greetings from Germany

Comment

Holy fricken rubber band batman LOL

Really nice wheels/tyres combo, I really like it on your car

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                              X