No announcement yet.

1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been feeling a little better the last couple days so I decided today was the day that the Z will be lowered more in the front. So after some time up on jacks this is what it looks like now. I didn't finish til after dark and it's completely filthy, but I'll def get some more pictures tomorrow or the next day so you can really see how the thing sits now. It's dangerously close to the pavement and the tire is dangerously close to the fender. Need camber in the front so bad! TechnoToy LCA's are on the to do list. More to come!

Comment

God that looks so good. I'm glad you're keeping the body stock. Personally I think star sharks would look killer on it.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Vote for Work equip....
        I think they look clean. Their simple style does not divert attention from the "interesting" lines of the car's body. And they look beautiful when they're spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
          God that looks so good. I'm glad you're keeping the body stock. Personally I think star sharks would look killer on it.
          Thank you! Be sure to check in later on today, I'll have some pictures of it in better lighting. And yes, I see so many old Z cars with flares (which there's nothing wrong with that), I really want to stay stock body because I want the modifications to emphasize the lines and curvature of the car instead of break them up. I'll try to get some shots to show how close the frame is to the ground as well!

Comment

Originally posted by adacam View Post
            Vote for Work equip....
            I think they look clean. Their simple style does not divert attention from the "interesting" lines of the car's body. And they look beautiful when they're spinning.
            I can agree with that, they're awesome wheels no doubt!

Comment

Here are the daytime photos as promised.

Comment

I had a rubbing issue in the front, but took care of that today and pulled the front fenders about an 8th of an inch to help with it. It now rides rub free, pictures will come later when I clean it up. Black paint and rain don't mix together, looks like I ran it through a swamp lol

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                  +1, this thing looks great

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                    +1, this thing looks great
                    Thank you! It grabs attention from everybody. It's awesome to see such positivity in regards to the car!

Comment

[url=https://postimg.org/image/iexp8g2rn/][url]

This is the front fitment

And the rear

Daily driven. And you can see the tires are shiny from the previous rubbing issue I had. This is for all you fitment nerds out there!

Comment

Sorry to keep flooding this thread with separate posts. Just keep loving this car more and more!

Comment

Just spam at this point because I'm low on cash for this week. Missing a week of work SUCKS when you want to buy Z parts

Comment

Painted my front bumper today and get rid of the nasty looking dry plastic. Still need to do this to the rear bumper and air dam. More to come peeps

Comment

I really really love this thing

Comment

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, been busy doing an engine rebuild on my DSM to spend money on the Z. As soon as the DSM is on its feet again the Z will continue to get parts!

Comment

Working...
                                X