No announcement yet.

1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh poor bastards You dont know what You are losing I wouldn't change a thing in this car.

Comment

Originally posted by sosnowylas View Post
      Ahhh poor bastards You dont know what You are losing I wouldn't change a thing in this car.
      Thanks wait til you see what's to come!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
        I'm in the same boat, no pictures show up for me either.
        Maybe your browser is being slow or something. Mine does that from time to time on here and a few other forums when there's several pictures involved in the thread.

Comment

Looks great, such a clean example and you've made some great mod choices! Have you thought about wrapping the chrome around the windows black? I think it would really tie everything together. Can't wait to see whats in store!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
          "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
          SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
            Looks great, such a clean example and you've made some great mod choices! Have you thought about wrapping the chrome around the windows black? I think it would really tie everything together. Can't wait to see whats in store!
            Thank you for the positive comment! Yes I have thought about that quite a lot actually, but I'm holding off on that til I end up buying new wheels. It won't be black on black forever!

Comment

Dude I LOVE this. Amazing how much lowering the car emphasized the lines. Always thought these Zs looked a little ungainly. Where in eastern TN are you?
              Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
                Dude I LOVE this. Amazing how much lowering the car emphasized the lines. Always thought these Zs looked a little ungainly. Where in eastern TN are you?
                I'm in Morristown! And thank you man I appretiate the positivity, everybody seems to think these are the ugly ducklings of the Z family.. But I most definitely think otherwise. These are beautiful cars in my eyes, and it'll prove itself when I'm done with it!

Comment

Nice to see some more old school Jdm on the forums. Loving the look dude, any plans for louvers if you can find some?
                  sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
                  Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Gramps View Post
                    Nice to see some more old school Jdm on the forums. Loving the look dude, any plans for louvers if you can find some?
                    Hell yes definitely. You guys are gonna love the way the car looks in a few months. Like I said, I want it to be period correct to a degree. I want it to look like something you'd see in Japan when these things were at their prime. The US had an unfortunate lack of very low old JDM cars back then. I'm here to show this cars worth in this community, the S130 doesn't get the love it deserves!

Thank you all for the kind words, means a lot!

Comment

[url=https://postimg.org/image/s6u9fhxoj/]

Gave the Z a wash today. You can see my stock engine bay!

P.s. I've ordered an airdam and it should hopefully be here in a week or so. Til then, I'm going to address the ride height in the front of the car, it needs to be more "down to earth" if you know what I mean
                      Last edited by C greens; 02-09-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

What airdam are you going with?

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                          What airdam are you going with?
                          I'm gonna give the Xenon airdam a try, I've seen a car in person with it installed and it looked great. I think it'll match the style I'm going for!

Comment

Nice I thought about that for my 80. I gotta start up a build thread when I start doing things to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              Nice I thought about that for my 80. I gotta start up a build thread when I start doing things to it.
                              Yeah man do that, I'll give it a look!

Comment

Okay so I have some good news, the airdam is scheduled to be at my house Tuesday on my day off. I'll be putting that on and doing a test fit. After doing some thinking, I remember the guys ZX I saw with this airdam was about 2 1/2 inches or so higher than my car and the airdam was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches off the ground. So it's most likely gonna be on the ground lol and I still have to lower my front suspension another inch or so..we shall see how it goes though.

On a side note, if any of you guys are around the east coast I'd recommend attending the Slammedenuff show in Gatlinburg, TN. I've been for the past 2 years and it's been a great show all around. No drama, great cars, and an amazing town in the mountains. I'll be there this year with the car, I'm not sure if the car will be done enough to be in the show or not, but I'll be there regardless!

Comment

Working...
                                X