X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal louvers? Yes dude.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• Yes frickin metal louvers. Lol when the car gets its paint job, im thinking about matching the louvers with the same paint as the rest of the car. That means metal flake and all. It just depends though, I have a feeling the paint is gonna be LOUD and very sparkly, so it may be too tacky to match it. Time will tell...

Btw, can't wait til some seats like this are in the car. Need my roll cage hoop too. The roll cage will definitely be painted the same color as the exterior of the car
      Last edited by C greens; 09-13-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Metal is the only way to go with louvers.
        2 328i e36's
        Saabaru linear 2.5na
        Various projects.
        sigpic
        Intro;
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Well scratch the metal louver idea. He sold the whole car to somebody from the Z forum so now I'm on the hunt. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up having to use abs louvers because the metal ones are pretty hard to find.

Comment

• Just a peek into what I look at day after day, gathering styling cues, inspiration, and a little lust from these cars. I'm looking to make room for a c210 skyline coupe within the next year or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by c greens View Post

kinda slow on updates because i'm low on spendable cash. However i've had some money saving up and i'm getting close to buying something very cool for this car. Can you say "ssr longchamps"?:d
              yumm

Comment

• Originally posted by C greens View Post
                Well scratch the metal louver idea. He sold the whole car to somebody from the Z forum so now I'm on the hunt. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up having to use abs louvers because the metal ones are pretty hard to find.
                That's because everyone that put metal louvers on never took them off haha.
                2 328i e36's
                Saabaru linear 2.5na
                Various projects.
                sigpic
                Intro;

Comment

• Also the interior in the Celica supras is made for someone about 5'2" max. So tiny. Momo interior bits make them cool from the factory tho. I know where there's a silver one that's been sitting a few years now...
                  2 328i e36's
                  Saabaru linear 2.5na
                  Various projects.
                  sigpic
                  Intro;

Comment

• Did some light restoration on one the Yokohamas to test some products out. I didn't get any pictures of when they were bare, but here's a before, when it was primed, and final product picture. I'm still gonna sand and polish the lip, and buy new hardware. I think it looks pretty good! The paint I got was almost an exact match of the stock paint on the wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by C greens View Post

Did some light restoration on one the Yokohamas to test some products out. I didn't get any pictures of when they were bare, but here's a before, when it was primed, and final product picture. I'm still gonna sand and polish the lip, and buy new hardware. I think it looks pretty good! The paint I got was almost an exact match of the stock paint on the wheels.
                      What color is that? The style 5's are begging for that same treatment
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;

Comment

• It's metallic gold Rustoleum lacquer paint over Rustoleum filler primer. It pops pretty good when it's out in the sun, nice and sparkly!

Comment

• Spray paint? I'm thinking copper or bronze-ish color. Not sure yet.
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;

Comment

• Yes it's in a rattle can. Just make sure you prep the wheel properly and it will hold up fine as long as you don't use a very harsh chemical to clean them with. You can also clear over it to make it more resistant to weather/chemicals.

Comment

• I live in a place where powder coating. Is crazy expensive. I don't really want to spray them but I know it can come out very well with the right prep work.
                              2 328i e36's
                              Saabaru linear 2.5na
                              Various projects.
                              sigpic
                              Intro;

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of updates, have to take care of a few financial things before continuing on with the Z build. I’m hoping to get some real work done this winter. I’ve moved it underneath my car port so it is out of the elements more and I can get in there and work on it without being cramped.

Comment

Working...
                                X