Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Hello lovers of stance,

First off I'll tell you about myself. I'm 20 years old, live in a small town in eastern TN, and I love cars!
    This particular car I've owned for about 4 years now, and up until a few weeks ago was a bone stock, low mileage example. I traded a 1993 240sx hatch with an RB20DET swap for this car and I've loved every second of owning it!

More about the car:

-110,000 original miles
    -slick top car, (no leaky t-tops)
    -5 speed manual
    -all original body panels, paint, interior ( minus radio and bezel)
    -NO RUST

Now onto the build!

I've owned many cars in my 20 years, from miatas, to 3000gt vr4's, to camaros. But nothing gets me like a properly built antique Japanese sports car. I've always loved old Z's and I decided it was about time to add a little heritage into mine.

This build will be over time, as I get the funds. I'm going to be doing a coilover conversion, a lot of body restoration due to the hail dents I'm going to be drawing a lot of inspiration from Shakotan cars out of Japan, and throwing my own flavor into it. Below are some pictures of the car before the transformation. I will come back and post pictures of the car as I go along. Thank you all for checking this out I hope you like what you see

Can't see your pics, and I definitely want to see them!

Comment

Hm this site isn't wanting me to upload any pictures off of my phone. As soon as I figure it out I'll post them!

Comment

Originally posted by C greens View Post
        Hm this site isn't wanting me to upload any pictures off of my phone. As soon as I figure it out I'll post them!
        you've got to use a site like Flickr, upload them to that then link them in here
        Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
        www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Okay so I completely forgot I had a thread here of my Z build (sorry lol) and I know some of you would like to see it. So here it is. I placed the pictures in order from when the car was stock to now.

Still working on some things obviously. The front will be dropped down another inch or so when the airdam comes in the mail, I'm searching for a number of "period correct" parts that will be put on when I find exactly what I'm looking for. Overal I'm happy to finally see my Z get driven more regularly, and with some new parts to boot! Stay tuned!
          Last edited by C greens; 02-08-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Looks great already.....keep up the good work
            Wish that we have them more available in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by adacam View Post
              Looks great already.....keep up the good work
              Wish that we have them more available in Europe.
              Thank you! These cars are awesome, I don't care what people say about them!

Comment

That thing is crazy clean, can't wait to see where this goes

Comment

Originally posted by slamitall View Post
                  That thing is crazy clean, can't wait to see where this goes
                  Thank you I really appretiate it! I'll be adding updates fairly regularly on here and various other forums so stay tuned!

Comment

Awesome already !!! tell us more about wheel/tyre specs !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sosnowylas View Post
                      Awesome already !!! tell us more about wheel/tyre specs !!!
                      Thank you! The specs are as follows:

Felgen werkes - 15x10.5 -32 all around with 1.25in spacers (to clear hubs in the front)

Tires are 205/50/15 hankooks.

This is not the permanent wheel setup. Ideally I'm wanting to run slightly less wide wheels with more negative offset. Specifically in the front. I'm wanting to buy some Longchamps or star sharks for this car eventually.

Edit: been doing some offset/width calculating. I've come up with this as what sizes I'm going to be using.

F15x10-40 with no spacer and still a 205/50/15

R15x10.5 -44 with no spacer and a 205/50/15 on there as well.

Reason I'm trying to stick with a 205 is because I'm keeping this car stock body. No flares or anything like that. I really LOVE the way the car looks with wide wheels and the stock body lines. It's much more clean and correct in the way that I'm trying to build this car in my opinion. Again, thank you all for the positivity with this car. I'm excited to show what's to come!
                      Last edited by C greens; 02-07-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

A quick shot of the car sitting in the rain today on my lunch break. I love this car! P.S. Peep the crooked 280ZX logo on the fender
                        Last edited by C greens; 02-08-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Still no pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                            Still no pictures?

Really? I uploaded like 10 pictures, I can see them on my end?

Comment

I'm in the same boat, no pictures show up for me either.
                              Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Working...
                              X