First time on stretched tires so a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on stretched tires so a few questions

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

So here's the dealio. I put some aftermarket rims on my '15 Q50S. 20x10.5 +32 front and 20x10.5 +45 rear. Tires are new, 255/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear, Nankang NS-20. Originally I had really bad vibration in the whole car. I thought the issue was wheel balance since I didn't have any issue on stock rims. Turns out that it was a bent rim. Now that it's replaced, most of the really bad shake is gone but there is still a minor vibration at freeway speed. I am getting the car lowered 1" tomorrow and an alignment so I am hoping that will fix the issue.

I guess I am wondering if adding 2" wider wheels is causing some issue.

The other thought I had was that tire pressure is a culprit. They read 34-35 currently. Should I increase this a bit since the tires are stretched to increase stability?

Any help appreciated.

Are the wheels hub-centric / did you use hub-centric rings? If not, I would start with that.

Comment

I ended up getting them before I found out the wheel was bent. I've had them off and on so many times that I haven't checked to see that they're still there. The stock hub diameter on these is 66.1 and the wheels are 74.1. Since I've had: Road force balance, new wheel, lowered the car and had an alignment, the car drives well but still has a slight vibration that I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It's more of an annoyance than anything. It does not appear to be a balance issue anymore but more like a resonance that I can feel in the footwell. On long drives it can make my feet a bit numb.
      Last edited by kantide; 09-11-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this! Looking to go stretched soon so this helps

Comment

Working...
        X