(audi)tional problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
    Ahh good 'ole B5s, I sometimes miss mine, then I get into my BMW and notice that the throwout bearing doesn't whine when I press the clutch, the speakers aren't blown, and the heater works, then I don't miss the B5 so much

They really are fun cars though, can't wait to see you clean this one up! I would recommend swapping over the facelift doors and interior pieces from the 2000 car if you can. If you still have the single piece headlights, those will really clean up the front end of your '98
    funny part is my clutch chatters, i have no heat, and like 2 gauges work may swap the doors eventually but getting it running is the current worry. winter is coming! dont have the headlights from the 2000, will find some eventually though as it really needs new housings anyways

Originally posted by DuaneJ19 View Post
    It's coming along. Looking forward to seeing your progress. It's been a while since I've had a project car of my own so I might just live vicariously through you for a bit.
    buckle up because this is a bumpy fucking ride lol

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

my dad finally got some time to heat up the steering knuckle and get that bolt out

i was partying all weekend for Halloween so i didnt work on the car until today but it went really smooth!

started painting the tires in my smoke break time. wheels are eventually getting painted to cover that gross curb rash.

then i finally got the passenger side, front LCA to come out of the steering knuckle.

then i got the UCA's swapped over

need to get the LCA's off and borrow another spring compressor to swap the lowering springs and i can start putting it all back togeter!
      Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:30 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

got the front springs on the struts this weekend

also, puppers. because who dosnt want to see dog pics in a build thread?
        Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:30 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

another lame update, just trying to keep track of everything. got some washers for under the hood, matching quick releases are on the way as well. i got really sick after i made all the progress on saturday im feeling better now! gotta sell the back windshield on the parts audi tomorrow, then i will work on the audi. once the drivers side lca's are off its all about putting it back together!

Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:31 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

the washers look way better than the original headlight bolts. once i get the car back on the ground im gonna work on making the bay look better. remembered yesterday that i have my 2 hearted mini keg intake so im gonna throw that on soon.

Truck Build

Comment

Old man came over and brought a heater so some decent progress was finally made! Nothing's tight but I got the passenger side all back together. Now that I have heat I'll have more ambition to work on it

Truck Build

Comment

had a 99 1.8t, as far as the engine codes/issues go, just bite the bullet and get eurodyne maestro, basically a piggyback with vagcome, unfortunately there arent a lot of things it can do with the AEB motor (no launch control, limited tuning, limited chassis control) but overall a very helpful tool, especially if you're looking to make more power. Also, just go with the r8 conversion coil packs from ECS, they are much more dependable than S4 coil packs. Great progress so far, hope you keep motivation and get this where you want it to be!

Comment

Originally posted by slamitall View Post
                  had a 99 1.8t, as far as the engine codes/issues go, just bite the bullet and get eurodyne maestro, basically a piggyback with vagcome, unfortunately there arent a lot of things it can do with the AEB motor (no launch control, limited tuning, limited chassis control) but overall a very helpful tool, especially if you're looking to make more power. Also, just go with the r8 conversion coil packs from ECS, they are much more dependable than S4 coil packs. Great progress so far, hope you keep motivation and get this where you want it to be!
                  my buddy has an aeb and he will tune it for free so thats the route ill be going. not sure what he uses but i would assume eurodyne. as for coils i have some awm bolt downs from the parts car, if those dont work i have like 7 1.8t amb coils that ill use for now. i had 2.0 coils on my b6 and they were great (compared to the 1.8t coils that shit out all the time)

the drivers side got put back together today! now i just need to tighten everything up and i can finally put this thing back on the ground. then i can flip it around and get the rear lowered which should be a hell of a lot quicker in comparison to the front. once that is all done i will start doing a tune up so i can get this thing legal and daily worthy.

Truck Build

Comment

what yall know about an audi thats not on jackstands?!

Truck Build

Comment

Went and got a new battery today. Old one wad only holding 6 volts. That let me pull the car out and turn it around so I could go about lowering the rear.

Truck Build

Comment

after i get to tightening up the front end stuff i can finally check all the suspension shit off my list

found broken coils on both sides. that would explain the creaking

shitty pic of it back on the ground

next on the list is figuring out where this (what i assume to be) boost leak is, change some fluids, and get it legal

heres a quick list of shit ive done just to get this thing driveable. pretty substantial IMO for only 3 months of ownership. im so happy i dont have to do any of this shit again for a long while, it was hell.
                        -swapped throttle body, icm, maf, and o2 sensor
                        -replaced UCA's, LCA's, and sway bar end links
                        -lowered on neuspeed race springs
                        -new wheels and tires
                        -replaced turn/light stalk
                        Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:14 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

Spent the morning fixing a whole shit load of boost leaks, swapped out my coolant temp sensor (which fixed nothing) and then lastly I swapped the #4 coilpacks and this bitch purrs now! Still has a slight boost leak under full boost and she needs brakes and an axle bad. But she actually drives good otherwise. So insanely happy to see it outside the garage finally

Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:15 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

parked the truck, transferred insurance, and got this bitch legal today. need to figure out whats clunking up front. not sure if its the tie rod or a blown axle. i know both are pretty bad, just not sure which is making the noise

Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:15 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

boost gauge has been sitting under the hood so i decided to do a little project at work. vent gauge pod. wasnt too worried about fucking up since i have the parts car. overall i think it turned out pretty decent. i used the middle vent, and the bezel that prosport sent with the gauge. still need to glue/connect it in some way.

Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:16 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

pulled the passenger side axle this morning in hopes to replace it but my guy accidentally got the wrong axle (for an 01 with more splines) so hopefully the car will be going back together tonight once i get out of work

also figured out why the car is so damn loud, very common audi problem. if you look you can already see its been replaced once before

once my buddy with gets some time we are gonna replace the flex pipe, get rid of the mufflers and hopefully makes some blast pipes
                                Last edited by storey618; 01-02-2018, 07:17 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                                X