Sharpening a '93 Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening a '93 Miata

So I have been on Stanceworks lurking here and there for a while but just recently joined. Reading the informative and interesting builds to help me get an idea for my car. But anyways onto my own car, I started off the summer with no car and after some bad mishaps with a bmw decided that I wanted something clean, simple, and relatively easy to repair in terms of maintenance and cost/availability of parts.
    After about a month of searching craigslist I came upon this 1993 Mazda Miata for sale that included a white factory hardtop.
    Craigslist.jpg
    The car was very clean underneath with no rust on any of the fenders and only a little bit of surface rust underneath. The only significant rust I have found up until this point that been underneath the carpet underneath some sound deadening on the shelf behind the driver and above the gas tank. Also here is a derpy pic my dad took of me unloading the car

Although the car was clean whoever had painted the car again had not done a very good job, paint was flaking off in multiple places near the trim and there was very evident overpsray on the radiator, door vin stickers, and various mouldings around the car. The paint did not bother me as I wanted to find a clean car to repaint, I had just started work over the summer at a garage in my spare time and had learned a lot about painting, sanding, and filling dents. The previous owner said the owner before him replaced the speakers but the radio didn't work, the rear brakes weren't doing so hot as well as the rear wheel bearing which made a significant amount of noise. Also the miata had the common problem of leaking a slight amount of oil around the CAS and valve cover gasket. The car came with AC but was broken due to the compressor pulley seizing and the belt snapping off. But on the upside the car did include an ugly tow hitch which might be useful for hauling all sorts of things

This is not all I have done so far but rather a shakedown of how the car started off, I will be uploading more soon.
    Last edited by Dynalmite; 09-08-2017, 10:19 AM.

Pics dont work
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Might wanna try getting imgur...
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X