No announcement yet.

Ur an idiot for buying this: 1995 Audi Ur-S6 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting read so far. Please proceed!
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

This car smells bad.
      Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

great stuff, keep it up! These cars deserve to be kept on the road.
        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

car looks good, got a buddy who had a bolt on 20vt in his 200Q and it was sweet, the 5 cylinder is an animal keep up the build

Comment

Coolest grandpa looking car on this site, don't see much of these often

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Really appreciate all the love everyone, honestly didn't expect to get so much for this thing but it means a lot.

Yesterday we buttoned up some loose ends from the lowering/subframe install. The alignment was way worse than you'd expect because the old ball joints were totally fucked, causing an alignment "in spec" to go to shit when the ball joints were replaced.

Well, actually... The first thing we did was watched a twin turbo Huracan do some dyno pulls.

The next thing we did was pull out the old shitty axles (pretty much on the verge of snapping, think rice krispies noises when turning) and rebuild the ones I picked up from someone out in the boonies who used to have one of these cars. I think I paid $150 for two OEM axles with OEM replacement boot kits ready to go on. Axles on these cars are actually really easy -- undo the main axle bolt, undo the 6 Allens holding the axle into the tranny, cut the wheel all the way to one side, pull the axle away and out. We did it on a lift and it was actually harder because we had to use a screw jack to compress the suspension. It would have probably been easier with the car on the ground lol! Sorry no pics of this but you know what axles look like.

OEM intercoolers on these cars are side-mount and use a ram air duct where the fog light would usually be to feed them. People do FMICs on these cars, but honestly the stock side mount is good to 350+hp. My 1995 UrS6 has a sidemount intercooler with plastic end tanks that are prone to cracking and don't dissipate heat quite as well as the 1992 all-aluminum version. It just so happens that the guy I bought the axles had a 1992 all metal intercooler and said I could have it!. Not a very crazy upgrade, I know... but these are unobtanium considering they were one year only. I also like having little touches like this. The previous owners installed the old intercooler haphazardly (was just held on by piping) so i had to bend the brackets back into place to install the new one the right way.

Old vs new:

Aligned the car next. Was a miracle we were able to get it even close to spec but somehow we were able to get toe to 0 or close enough. Front camber is still kinda fucked, -2 on the left and -1 on the right. It started with nearly 3 degrees of toe so I consider that a success! The rear is actually close to zero camber lol. Not very stancey but it makes the wheels look bigger in the fenders.

On the rack:

So here it is now. Oh, right after this was taken I drove to Ponce City Market to meet my girlfriend who is doing a cool art installation there (very fancy area) and of fucking course what was left of the exhaust falls off after the cat and drags through the whole city. Was pretty funny getting dirty looks from hipsters/yuppies. There are still a lot of things needing attention:

- Slow coolant leak (probably afterrun coolant pump)
              - Figure out if I can even boost to 27psi or is something actually wrong with it
              - Address wastegate pressure intermittent issue (I think knock sensors are bad)
              - Get a fucking exhaust lmao
              - Put the new doors on (pain in the ass)
              - New struts and bump stops
              - Would love some Hella clear corners.
              - Maybe some new wheels eventually?

I want to divert some money back to the Mazda though. Need to buy wheels for it.

Anyway, here are the pics.

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Damn, really looks great now. Glad to see you could find the super rare side mount, much better than a gaudy looking front mount.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Some new parts arrived today -- well not new, but Hella clear corners, front Bilstein yellows, and a coolant T fitting. Taking the car up to the mountains tomorrow in the hopes of seeing snow!!

Comment

Great idea sticking with the the side mount inter-coolers, and moving over to the metal end tanks. Most front mounts are junk and require hacking apart a very expensive front bumper to make them fit.
                      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                        Great idea sticking with the the side mount inter-coolers, and moving over to the metal end tanks. Most front mounts are junk and require hacking apart a very expensive front bumper to make them fit.
                        x2 i put a fmic on my b6 and destroyed a massive chunk of the cover. definitely not worth it.

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                        Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Here's a post, hope everyone had a good Halloween! One thing about me is that I'm almost as into weather as I am into cars. Was bored last Sunday and heard it was going to snow in the mountains. Wait... I own an Audi now. I can do Quattro things.

Bright and early Sunday morning I packed the car up with random items in case it broke down (food, warm clothes, etc) and headed north. Started to see snow before I even got out of Georgia.

Getting gas, already cold as shit. Glad the heat works.

This is about 3700' on the Cherohala Skyway in NC. Was super crazy seeing fall leaves and snow at the same time. Well, crazy for me anyway.

As we climbed higher, it started to get foggy too. There was rime ice, which looks pretty much like snow except it's frozen fog on everything. The temp dropped as low as 22 degrees in the middle of the day at the end of October.

Frozen S badge lmao.

The car did great the whole way. Probably close to 9 hours of driving in a 22 year old Audi that rolled over 265k miles during the trip. Absolutely deafening due to the exhaust, but as the trip progressed I started to get more confident in the car and pushed it a little harder. It will hustle through some corners if you ask it to. Didn't get stuck on snow/ice covered steep winding roads at all. Guess this isn't really much progress mechanically but man it got me excited to install those Bilsteins. I'm trying to have a little bit of a hiatus on spending money -- I went a little crazy on buying parts here and there and haven't saved a ton of money since I started my big boy job lol. Hopefully just drive and enjoy it through the holidays and install the parts I already have.... except a friend has a turbo he wants to sell me. Shit.

Here are some more pics.

Really like these two:

This past weekend I took the car to Chattanooga with the girlfriend for our 3rd anniversary. Funny story -- we actually used to communicate via PM on this forum back before we were dating. That brings us up to now I guess. Damn that iPhone X camera is sick and shows all the salt from the previous trip lol.

Comment

Looked like a fun trip into the mountains
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Nice progress!
                              Looks like you have S4 mirrors though, which is off. The Audi you have a photo of at the meet is an S4.
                              C4's are great cars, but you definitely inherited some neglect. They're fairly reliable, well built, great cruisers, and enough power potential to keep you busy. You're thinking you have 300 hp. at the wheels? What chipset are you using? You'd need other supporting mods. A cheap German car isn't cheap for long haha.

Are you on quattroworld or the FB 20v group?
                              Last edited by tractor; 11-09-2017, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Love the turn around on this and look forward to seeing this evolve.

if there's anything you need over here in England/Europe let me know as I will be happy to help where I can with sending parts.
                                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                                X