No announcement yet.

Ur an idiot for buying this: 1995 Audi Ur-S6 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look very classy but it needs a bit more lows in my opinion...not much, just an 1/2"

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• New wheels look great, I agree on the spacer and cant wait to see it once they go on.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• hey! this is a great thread. The new wheels and seats are rad!

Comment

• Trade you an XBox for them wheels...
          Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
            Here's a pic from the mountaintop meet:

I love this photo, its crazy that I live on the other side of the world but I have stood in the exact spot that your car is parked in!!. Can't wait to go back.
            Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Initially when I saw the new wheels I was like "oh no" but I actually love the way the look on the car, the fitment looks nice too- aggressive and functional

As always, keep up the great work man!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• OK, so it's definitely been a while since I've updated this thread! Basically it looks like the last update was in June after I got the AMEs on and fixed the gas tank with putty. About a month after I last updated I bought a 2013 S5 to daily, which went through some changes and now looks like this.

Since then the tags on the car expired and I had to drive back out of state to get the car registered again. Unfortunately due to being busy and lazy and having the new car I let it lapse and didn't do much except take it to Gridlife until I drove to get it registered in October. On the way back, the fuel tank let go for good and I pretty much parked it except to start it up every week or two.

The gas tank job is a giant pain in the ass, and the subframe and diff have to be lowered. I actually made an 8 hour round trip to Asheville NC to buy a rust free gas tank in July but didn't have access to a lift or my buddy who typically helps with this stuff until just recently. I really missed the S6 which is weird considering I had the S5 now, but there's just something about a ratty old 5 cylinder. Insert cliché about cars with soul here.

Old tank getting ready to come out. Note it's covered in fuel-soaked dirt and grime. Also the pile of putty on it lmao.

Goodbye and good riddance!!!

Some carnage from the tank. It was so rusty around the seams I could pull it off with my finger.

Well, that would explain why it started leaking with a full tank last winter. I thought I had overfilled it lol.

So the new tank is in. Where does that leave the project? Over the last 6-8 months as the car has sat and I've moved into a new house with my girlfriend I had to get rid of some things that just didn't make any sense anymore. I sold my black UrS4 seats for a nice profit to my buddy who now has a completed black interior in his wagon, and I sold the AMEs (which never really grew on me) to help put a down payment on the S5. Finally, I sold my black S6 bumper to the same buddy for an A6 bumper and a lot of cash. At the time, I didn't think the car would be running anytime soon, oops.

I will be putting on the A6 bumper this weekend, but here is where we're at as of now.

Currently trying to decide -- sink funds into finishing this car, or sell it as is and buy a very clean black/black UrS6 avant? Hmmmm.

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

• I just put the car up for sale, I'm not 100% on selling it but wanted to test the waters. Here is the CL ad if any of you happen to want it lol. Looking for 4K, a lot of the UrS car groups have said my price is too low but I guess that just means I'll be firm on it.

Comment

• I totally support selling it for a clean avant
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• An Avant would be beyond rad, glws!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                        I totally support selling it for a clean avant
                        Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                        An Avant would be beyond rad, glws!
                        Holy shit. Car just sold. I was not emotionally ready. I hope to create a new thread for the avant or maybe continue this one???

Comment

• Damn that was quick
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                            Damn that was quick
                            I know. Ended up letting it go for 3500 which I felt was fair for both parties. Actually got $4100 out of it because of the bumper sale last month. Going to get my affairs in order and buy the avant.

Comment

• Hope I could sell stuff this fast LOL

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                                Hope I could sell stuff this fast LOL
                                yeah same lol, it took me over a month to sell my e36 which was pretty well sorted and the BMW scene in atl is huge

I loved this car, can't wait to see what you do with an avant

Comment

Working...
                                X