d0wse Burgundrot Turbo Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d0wse Burgundrot Turbo Timeline

So I am here coming from mye28.com and I will be keeping both updated but I've always wanted a stance built e28.

It started out in 2013/2014. I had been making good money I tried to get a e34. Couldnt find those. Now here's how I got it. Drove by it in upstate new york after a hungover brunch with some friends. I wanted a E34 540i but always had a soft spot for the E28 too. The guy I purchased it from had a another 528e in shwartz and cinnamon leather interior, 1990 Zinno 325ix, 1983 Zinno 633CSI fully Euro Converted, TOTAL BMW nut but was retiring and moving to Hawaii after and was liquidating. Wanted $2400, I scooped it for $1000. Titled to my name and I've regretfully let it sit for just over 2.5 years............................. I know I know. It hurts.

The car itself is a 1984 528E. Its got an odometer stuck at 194k. I think its got well into 250k. I have every receipt dating back to the original buy at Keeler BMW in 1984 for $23,000 cash. I'm the fourth owner. It was bought, daily driven, sent to Korman Autoworks for a Car Tech Stage 2 intercooled turbo setup. Blew up three months later and returned for a short block. Also got a Schrick 280 cam, dual titanium valve springs and retainers. Port and polish. Thing is pretty beat up, rusty front floors, need alot of sitting maintenance but still burns through first & second gear without a problem...

I currently have a new continetal timing belt, GRAF water pump, ebay wheel spacers, E38 Basketweaves with good hankook tires, 15w-50 oil and filter. I know it needs these things, has a fully refreshed front suspension, guibo, lots of good stuff. But front floors are on the list, valve adjustment, new gas, maybe new brake components. But this is the year to finish this. I also have to replace my 1998 Chevrolets JUNK 4l60e and wrap up my 2012 VW Passat Daily.

Ideally I would love to fab up some front mount intercooler piping, Maybe a half cage since the floor rigidity is poor, Mega squirt, Proper fuel system, IS front valance, Bumper Tuck, rebuild cluster, and just be able to drive it. Anyone have any input I am very open to it. Tutorials or knowledge would be very appreciated. Especially in what to use for floors and stuff. Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling!

Daily

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Df8fn8]
    Daily & My Rust Bucket

Tow Rig, Old Daily, love of my life.
    Tahoe looks a little different. But none the less blown up

Here are some glamor shots of the whoopty.

The last one you can see a hard earn, daily driven until 2011, 200k+ miles
    Last edited by d0wse; 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

So I have finally sat down to post pretty much the entire turbo setup from Korman Autoworks from March of 1988.

The car is 1984 BMW 528e with only the sunroof option.

Korman put a basic stage 1 turbo kit in the November of 1987 and the owner Thomas E. Jenkin blew that motor lol.
      In march of 1988 the stage two kit, new oem bmw short block and built head was put on. The stage two kit includes a air to water intercooler on 7-8lbs.
      This includes;
      New heavy duty clutch
      clutch disk
      325is exhaust valves
      Schrick 280 Camshaft
      Titanium Valve Spring Retainer
      High Performance Dual Valve Springs
      Clearance the head for the camshaft
      Motronics drive
      Port and Polish
      Match ported intake manifold
      Blue printed valve train with dual valve springs and titanium retainers.
      Enlarged exhaust valve seats
      Ported exhaust manifold

Also what kind of power is this making on 30lb injectors and a T04D 50trim setup?

Lastly I order some REAL cheap plug wires because my Bremi plugs broke and I need to figure out why my fresh oil is full of gas again. The first time was because the 6th plug wire fell off and I couldnt locate the rough idle and now its full of gas again. I hope one of my injectors isnt sticking although I have use of a flow bench and ultrasonic tester. I just had it for 2 years no issue and now im finding gas in the oil. Could have stirred something up when I put new gas in but we will change soon and report back.
      Last edited by d0wse; 07-24-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Lastly I am going to change out the following.

-Timing belt with my continental replacement
        -Graft waterpump with metal impellers
        -Every inch of vacuum line replacement
        -Adjustment of the valves
        -Valve cover gasket
        -Figure out gas in oil issue
        -Fix the rusted floors
        -Bleed brakes and clutch
        -Differential and Transmission Fluid
        -Mount my Sparco seats
        -Cut the front coils for max budget stance
        -Passenger side blinker
        -Window Switches

Thing's I have already done
        -1inch wheel spacers
        -E38 Basketweaves
        -Hankook 205/55/16's
        -Used Battery
        -Order new spark plug wires
        -NGK BPR7ES spark plugs gapped to 0.023in
        -OEM Front and rear roudels
        -Kenwood Radio
        Last edited by d0wse; 07-24-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Cool car dude!
          - Matt

Comment

Nice E28! I look forward to seeing some dyno numbers!

-Tom
            Vegas love! When I'm not doing dumb car stuff. I sell homes, so I can afford to do dumb car stuff!!

Comment

Working...
            X