Broaaaaaaaaaaaaadwayssssssss

Also, everything Lewis said.
      cant afford that

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
      Done.

My text is in bald btw x
      help me with decals

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
      Personally I think I'd leave the front indicators clear, but instead upgrade to projector headlights as those will add a subtle touch of modernization to the front of the car and look pretty smart. A subtle trunk lip would be cool too, solid plans overall though!
      I considered upgrading to the projector headlights, but I'd rather spend the money else where. Instead, I upgraded all my bulbs to white 55W ones and they look perfect.

Don't worry they're not as obnoxiously bright in person as they are in the photos. It's just the iphone camera not having a fun time.

Originally posted by slamitall View Post
      really sad to see the alpina lip not on there, although I think a paint match is really going to benefit, can't wait to see future progress, car is absolutely stunning. The wheels really turned out killer, like a few I was unsure of how they'd turn out, but they are bang on
      Don't be sad, the Alpina lip will make a return.

Also, my USDM plate came. Not sure if it's road legal but it has all the legal stamps and it said on the eBay add that it will pass an MOT so....

Looks a little bare at the moment but my plate holder should get here in 2 weeks or so.

Cheers!

Comment

• Still alive and kicking, my number plate holder from America finally arrived so I'll go out and take some photos this weekend with it. The car desperately needs a wash too.

Until then have this photo - happy thanksgiving to all the americans on here btw. I still have no clue what thanksgiving is but you can't go wrong with a nice turkey.

Comment

• had a little look around this at ultimate stance, car looks good but in my opinion please loose the lip extensions on the car front side and back I think they kid of ruin it and look a bit cheap and... well terrible. sorry but when I was looking at the car it was all I could see and it kind of ruined it for me.

rest is cool though, I am definitely in for Ambers, I had a spare set of 46 pre facelift front and sides at mine a few months back but I got rid of them when I was clearing out could of just had them off me.

Also, going off what you said and what's priority to buy and doing things on a budget it may be worth looking into just getting a backbox for the car and not a full system, it is only a 1.8 at the end of the day like you mentioned so not really needing a full system and getting rid of the cat and other boxes it could sound a bit to loud at first this might be fun but believe me a loud exhaust quickly becomes a pain in the arse and in London/Essex you will get a lot of the wrong attention for it too. there is a good place near me in Essex who does custom exhausts for really good prices so might be worth seeing what they will charge to put a backbox on.
          Last edited by Benwalsh91; 11-24-2017, 09:07 AM.
          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• projectors dont need to be expensive mate, just but the projectores and fit them yourself to your original headlights... dead easy. lots of diys around. i agree about the lip extensions...the rest sounds like a solid plan

Comment

• Go 17s when you get new wheels. 17s with actual rubber really compliments the e46 body. Once i figure out how to post pictures ill post one of my 46 sedan on all rear style 32 (17x9) with 20mm spacers up front 10mm back and tucking tire all aorund. perfect fitment and 17s get you low but have more tire so rides a bit better imo. (17x9 w 215/45)

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                had a little look around this at ultimate stance, car looks good but in my opinion please loose the lip extensions on the car front side and back I think they kid of ruin it and look a bit cheap and... well terrible. sorry but when I was looking at the car it was all I could see and it kind of ruined it for me.

rest is cool though, I am definitely in for Ambers, I had a spare set of 46 pre facelift front and sides at mine a few months back but I got rid of them when I was clearing out could of just had them off me.

Also, going off what you said and what's priority to buy and doing things on a budget it may be worth looking into just getting a backbox for the car and not a full system, it is only a 1.8 at the end of the day like you mentioned so not really needing a full system and getting rid of the cat and other boxes it could sound a bit to loud at first this might be fun but believe me a loud exhaust quickly becomes a pain in the arse and in London/Essex you will get a lot of the wrong attention for it too. there is a good place near me in Essex who does custom exhausts for really good prices so might be worth seeing what they will charge to put a backbox on.
                Thanks dude, I'm not after volume, I'd just want a nice low pitched sound. I feel like a car should tick all senses, and at the moment the only one it's not ticking is sound. And yeah I've said from the get go that police attention is something I'm avoiding.

Regarding the... 'aero'... it's all going! I must say the car wasn't at its best at US, especially the hanging front lip. I'm getting my new Alpina lip painted and I'm getting M sport side skirts. It's something I just didn't have time to take care of this show season, and I don't want to drive around over winter with freshly painted parts so I'm holding back until 2018 show applications open.

The rear bumper is getting a tidy diffuser once the exhaust it sorted. The tacky plastics are something I noted but I feel that the car looks really high when they're off. Another reason they they're still on is because the left side skirt has a massive dent in it from where my jack slipped one time, and the extension covers it up pretty well.

Shame about the ambers! I'm still regularily browsing eBay to find ones that will fit. Pre facelift ambers came with two different clips, so I'm after the screw in ones (the harder ones to get hold of.)

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                projectors dont need to be expensive mate, just but the projectores and fit them yourself to your original headlights... dead easy. lots of diys around. i agree about the lip extensions...the rest sounds like a solid plan
                I wasn't aware you can reuse the original housing! Might have a gander into it, thanks.

Originally posted by naughtee46 View Post
                Go 17s when you get new wheels. 17s with actual rubber really compliments the e46 body. Once i figure out how to post pictures ill post one of my 46 sedan on all rear style 32 (17x9) with 20mm spacers up front 10mm back and tucking tire all aorund. perfect fitment and 17s get you low but have more tire so rides a bit better imo. (17x9 w 215/45)
                I've considered 17s before, and I'd love to have a car with extra rubber. With that said, I'm more of a staney nonce and if anything I actually wish I got thinner tires. Plus my car is slow as shit so I don't really need more tire in order to enjoy it.

The new wheels are going to be 18s with a lovely lip, rubber band tires and a load of stretch - sorry to disappoint!

Comment

• is you alive fam, want more updates on the poor engine x
                  Last edited by gruz; 05-20-2020, 10:03 AM.
                  Gruz

Comment

• love your car man...

totally reminds me of mine before i sold it in aug 2016...

Comment

• Hi there,

Here's an exciting update! (in my opinion anyway)

I linked up with a friend of mine that takes some cool photos. Being a photographer myself, I don't need help from others until it comes to one thing... rollers.

Now I'm very picky about them myself, but Andrew's ones came out really well and I'm happy with them!

You can also see my American rear plate/holder set up. It's grown on my and personally I think it looks wicked! I don't drive around with it thought purely as I can't afford a £100 fine just before xmas.

Also I've found some M sport side skirts for a good price. Is it worth grabbing them now and getting them repainted or should I just be patient and wait until some Topaz Blue ones pop up? Hmmm. I could do it at the same time as my Alpina splitter but I reckon it'll cost a fair few pennies.

Originally posted by gruz View Post
                      is you alive fam, want more updates on the poor engine x

sorry thought id get involved, wanted to show off my 4 character user
                      Engine is still running like clock work. She's burning oil but there's not much I can do about that - doesn't seem as violent over the cold weather months though! I do drive her sensibly.

Originally posted by corsette View Post
                      love your car man...

totally reminds me of mine before i sold it in aug 2016...

Thanks dude, love black e46s.

Comment

• Is it burning oil or just losing it? It might be worth checking the rocker cover gasket, usually they tend to weep towards the rear of the engine, which can sometimes cause a loss of oil if it is bad enough.

Worth having a look at anyway as I know mine needs doing.

Comment

• It's funny how in the states we all want europlates and across the pond you guys want US style plates haha. Looks good though! Where did you get that ASSC plate frame? I checked ebay for those and they were all $100 haha

As far as the skirts go I'd get them now if the price is right, chances of finding them in the color your after at a decent price are probably quite slim I bet. Also if you have them painted with the Alpina lip, the painter will already have the paint mixed so it shouldn't cost too much extra.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                          "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                          SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                            It's funny how in the states we all want europlates and across the pond you guys want US style plates haha. Looks good though! Where did you get that ASSC plate frame? I checked ebay for those and they were all $100 haha

As far as the skirts go I'd get them now if the price is right, chances of finding them in the color your after at a decent price are probably quite slim I bet. Also if you have them painted with the Alpina lip, the painter will already have the paint mixed so it shouldn't cost too much extra.
                            I wanted to get one in their last drop but I didn't like the pink one, meaning I had to pay resale value for mine. On top of that I had to pay £30 for shipping and import fees. And on top of that it's not even legal in the UK lol - have to wait for show season to start again so I can make the most of it.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                            Is it burning oil or just losing it? It might be worth checking the rocker cover gasket, usually they tend to weep towards the rear of the engine, which can sometimes cause a loss of oil if it is bad enough.

Worth having a look at anyway as I know mine needs doing.
                            It's both leaking and burning it, but with that said it doesn't seem too bad from either of the sources. And yeah I've already got a new cover gasket seal, but it's so cold and miserable outside that I can't bring myself round to changing it haha.

I'll get it done before next show season.

Comment

• It's a well known fact Mehow that oil loss is actually down to your car producing so much power that it needs extra fuel to combust. Hence why my 16v loves to drink it, pure bred race cars. The leaking will just be the water that is being sucked out of the atmosphere to cool your down pipe. Fact.

I'm an Engineer. Trust me.
                              Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                              1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by deaky97 View Post
                                it's a well known fact mehow that oil loss is actually down to your car producing so much power that it needs extra fuel to combust. Hence why my 16v loves to drink it, pure bred race cars. The leaking will just be the water that is being sucked out of the atmosphere to cool your down pipe. Fact.

I'm an engineer. Trust me.
                                rofl

Comment

Working...
                                X