No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I took the rear stickers off for that extra clean OEM look. Really, really happy with the way she sits now, and I can confidently say that this is probably the way I'm going to leave her over winter.

I'll still flatten the rear arches just so I can have people in the back without rubbing, but you wont be able to see a visual difference. I did a brief motorway run with 2 people in the back this weekend and I literally melted off my sidewall. You live and you learn!

Anyway have some quick iPhone photos of it,

Thanks!

Comment

Before and after shots are great, what a difference <3
      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Looks much better without the stickers man, love the OEM look.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Finally got some shots of the car that I'm happy with. Happy days all around!

Now it's time to look for some splits...

Comment

Just came here to say I blame you for giving me static E46 feels.

<3

Comment

2 x killer shots right there, also mate the 318ti has the M44 twin cam motor, apart from reported HG issues they're a great revving wee engine.
              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

clean AF, also loving the budget additions...the best builds are quite often budget builds!
                Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
                Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
                This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ceedark View Post
                  Just came here to say I blame you for giving me static E46 feels.

<3
                  Thank you! Every day I wake up with only one goal, and that goal being to spread to message of static E46s across the land and convert everyone into BMW enthusiasts.

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                  2 x killer shots right there, also mate the 318ti has the M44 twin cam motor, apart from reported HG issues they're a great revving wee engine.
                  Ahh interesting dude! My N42 is really sluggish but does pick up and go when I give it some foot. Great engine on the motorway though I must say.

Originally posted by BenVAG View Post
                  clean AF, also loving the budget additions...the best builds are quite often budget builds!
                  Cheers dude! I'm not deliberately being cheap with the car, it just so happens that everything I've done hasn't cost much. Next year should be a little different however!

So, show season in the UK is over. No more shows until March, which makes me rather sad. Yesterday I came back from the last show of the season, Ultimate Stance. just before the show I painted my calipers silver, and even though it's a small touch it really makes the wheels pop in the sunlight.

Also, I got my car fully machine compounded, polished, waxed and sealed by a close friend of mine who runs a small detailing business. I don't have a single swirl on my paint work and my car has never been so clean. If you're near South London and fancy making your car look brand new I highly recommend dropping my man a message. @orbitdetailing on instagram.

Here's a little shot of the car. Freshly painted calipers on the left pre-detail, and the car fully finished and sealed on Friday evening post-detailed, before the journey up the Ultimate Stance on Saturday morning.

Shame I didn't have my camera on me, cant wait to get my car this clean again and have a proper set of photos.

I'm still desperately looking for someone who will get some proper rolling shots of my car. Screenshots from iPhone videos just don't cut the mustard!

Now as you can see, I've got a lake in my headlight. First time this has happened and I suspect it's because I replaced one of the light bulbs the night before. I'm sure all the clicks are in properly, anyone have any idea what might have caused this and how I can get rid of it?

I should have one or two more updates before I finish stage 2 of the build and crack on with stage 3 for next show season. I'm getting really excited just thinking about how I'm going to transform the 46!

I've got a lot of really cool plans which I think you'll appreciate, but I'll update you with that later this month.

Thanks for reading!
                  Mike
                  Last edited by Mehowski; 11-06-2017, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Car looks pretty good
                    IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

• Originally posted by Dome View Post
                      Car looks pretty good
                      Thank you!

Comment

• So, it's time to round up this build for this year. Like I said, show season has finished and the car won't be seen by many more people between now and March 2018.

Here's a quick round up of everything I've done in the few months that I've been modding it now:

- FK suspension fully wound down (support spring still in the front, adjusters out of the rear)
                        - BBS RX261 wrapped in 215/35r18. The wheels are 8J all around, et24
                        - 10mm spacers in the rear
                        - Private number plate
                        - Front all-fit lip
                        - Gloss side skirt extensions
                        - Rear USDM orange lenses
                        - Small rear bumper gloss extensions
                        - All mighty S|W front window banner

And here's some photos from this weekend which show the car as it currently sits, taken by my friend Dan:

So, I'm sure you're all really keen (obviously) to find out what my plans are before next show season. Here's the list of what I'm hoping to achieve between now and mid 2018, in no specific order:

- Get the Alpina lip professionally painted and installed
                        - M sport side skirts
                        - Repaint the top of the front bumper to get rid of the lacquer peel
                        - Get an exhaust sorted, I want two shiny pipes, and I've got absolutely no idea as to what system to get
                        - Front amber indicators and side repeaters
                        - Paint the front bumper mesh gloss black to match the fins
                        - USDM style rear number plate and number plate holder
                        - Gloss black interior trim
                        - Re-trim the steering wheel or get an M sport one
                        - Black headliner
                        - Possibly get m sport seats, this is a low priority
                        - Get a nice set of splits. I'm divided as to what to do here, on one hand I want to go for a classy set of BBS e88s or something along those lines with a clean dish, and on the other hand I want to do a savage Japanese wheel and slightly camber the wheels out.
                        - Get smaller tires
                        - Drop the car by a further 5-10mm
                        - Some sort of decals, be it Alpina stripes, AC Schnitzer ones or something of that nature. Not sure yet but I'll cook something up.
                        - MAYBE an engine swap. I'd love a 6 cylinder but the 4 pot is treating me well recently. All depends on the circumstances and insurance.

Also one thing I'd like to make clear is that I am not considering air at all. I enjoy being static and I like being on coilovers. If anything, I might get stiffer ones. This car will definitely be staying static.

Now that I've shared with you my vision, I'd love to hear any feedback and/or comments - I'm all up for a discussion!

I look forward to bringing you more photos and hopefully some interesting updates.

As always, thanks for reading!
                        Mike

Comment

• really sad to see the alpina lip not on there, although I think a paint match is really going to benefit, can't wait to see future progress, car is absolutely stunning. The wheels really turned out killer, like a few I was unsure of how they'd turn out, but they are bang on

Comment

• Personally I think I'd leave the front indicators clear, but instead upgrade to projector headlights as those will add a subtle touch of modernization to the front of the car and look pretty smart. A subtle trunk lip would be cool too, solid plans overall though!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                            "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                            SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post

- Get a nice set of splits. I'm divided as to what to do here, on one hand I want to go for a classy set of BBS e88s or something along those lines with a clean dish, and on the other hand I want to do a savage Japanese wheel and slightly camber the wheels out.
                              - Get smaller tires

Image.

- Drop the car by a further 5-10mm

15mm.

- Some sort of decals, be it Alpina stripes, AC Schnitzer ones or something of that nature. Not sure yet but I'll cook something up.

Talk to me.

Also one thing I'd like to make clear is that I am not considering air at all. I enjoy being static and I like being on coilovers. If anything, I might get stiffer ones. This car will definitely be staying static.

Coilovers, what we thinking? I'd highly recommend AP for some awesome mid range coils, or stretch that little bit more to get some ST's by KW.
                              Done.

My text is in bald btw x
                              Last edited by Deaky97; 11-09-2017, 04:40 AM. Reason: Missed info
                              Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                              1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Broaaaaaaaaaaaaadwayssssssss

Also, everything Lewis said.

Comment

Working...
                                X