No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude that wheels looks great, I wasn't sold at all at start but now I love them!
    Hope all goes well, keep up posted

Comment

Check your air intake hose and also check your CCV pipes. Common BMW issues.

The car looks good, but on the back of that you should have took more care in doing your Alpina splitter.

I'll be at Players on Sunday too I have a couple photoshoots lined up myself.
      Last edited by GrantLDN; 09-13-2017, 05:07 AM.
      Www.GrantMcDonnell.Com
      @WeAreCerti

Comment

Nice job man. This thing is super clean.
        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Car looks awesome man! Don't want to be "that guy", but the 318 e46 engines were very problematic... The 1.9 engine was common for headgasket failure without warning, and the 2.0 engine was extremely common for the timing chain to go and destroy the engine completely. BMW knew this and did not recall... Hopefully that isn't the problem...
          I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

I've been ignoring a cold star misfire for over a year now and now it misfires all the time so I definitely should have fixed it sooner. Good luck with yours. I really love what you're doing with this car

Comment

Update your thread so everyone stops thinking you died

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Damn, didn't even realised your E46 had a thread haha

Looks really sick like I must've said on IG!

Give us some news !
                '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

Your E46 looks so good hope you will continue the project.

Comment

Hi Michal,

I think we need to go down the OEM decal route, nothing over powering, something little for some mega OEM feels.

Plez consider, as i can sort you out.

Regards,
                    Your friend,

Deak x
                    Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

I guess I better update this!

It took me 30 minutes to fix the engine, was simple misfire in cylinder 1, a coil pack later and she started back up normally again. Am I glad? Very. Am I worries she'll do it again? Sometimes.

I'm going to replace the rocker gasket seal cover as mines basically deteriorated and needs replacing. Other than that there's nothing else I can really do to sort out the oil leak. The engines are just prone to pissing out oil so I'll start to use thicker oil to compensate for the millage/age of the car and continue with regular services as planned. One day I'll have a 6 cyl, until then I'm going to try to enjoy this car and hope it likes me enough not to shit itself.

Shortly after this I attended Players 11. The Players shows are probably my fav shows ever, and Players 8 was the first show I ever attended back in 2014. I guess it only took me 3 years to get a drivers licence and build a car.

Shot by Alex Carroll, a photographer I've admired since I started taking photos myself. Safe to say I'm happy to have this!

My pal Ashley then took a photo of me with the car on his film camera. Pretty cool stuff, and it's nice to be in the photo for once!

Swiftly after Players 11 I decided to build some bomb ass side skirts.

I then took my little bro and his pal to their first ever show, Westside Treffen. Here's a photo of us rolling in, safe to say it was a nice day out even if the show was a little slow paced.

Soon after this I decided that the rear bumper needs something to set it off a little, so I made some canards/diffuser sort of thing. I'm still experimenting about with this.

So far I like them!

And now I think it's time for a fat off shiny dual pipe exhaust. Anyone got any recommendations on what I should get? I'm totally new to exhausts so I have no clue as to what to go for. All I know is I don't want it to sound like a Corsa and I don't want it to be too loud. A low pitched rumble ideally (can you even do that to a 4 pot lol help.)

Also I fancy some amber rear indicators, so I'm currently waiting on a few people to get back to me on eBay.

Also I decided to buy some neon fucking lights. That's right. Neon. Lights.

Okay I'm pushing it a little, I got them with the intentions to code them to work as spot lights under the car, but the ones I got have a load of presets so I'll have the fun of messing about with them as and when I please. They'll be turned off for the majority of the time.

Also I still want splits. Lord help me I need money.

Anyway, have this pic of me lookin cute and shit.

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                      Maintenance>mods

I doubt its anything major, hopefully you can get it sorted with ease
                      Cannot agree more. Thanks, it was minor and now we rock and rollin again.

Originally posted by Ceedark View Post
                      Ah, I remember my first misfire. I'd just got the car and didn't know much at all back then so I thought my car was dead forever.

Fingers crossed it's just a coil pack man
                      Can confirm was just a coilpack.

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                      Dude that wheels looks great, I wasn't sold at all at start but now I love them!
                      Hope all goes well, keep up posted
                      Thanks, perfect winter wheels IMO. Keen to get splits for next show season with a bit more stretch and space them out accordingly.

Originally posted by GrantLDN View Post
                      Check your air intake hose and also check your CCV pipes. Common BMW issues.

The car looks good, but on the back of that you should have took more care in doing your Alpina splitter.

I'll be at Players on Sunday too I have a couple photoshoots lined up myself.
                      Thanks dude. I'm not sold on the Alpina splitter so it's currently hidden in my room gathering dust. I am keen to get a new splitter though, ideally something gloss black that looks similar to my all-fit lip at the moment. Looking at the Maxton Designs ones but it's not the curve/look that I'm after.

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
                      Nice job man. This thing is super clean.
                      Thanks! It's going to get cleaner over winter.

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                      Car looks awesome man! Don't want to be "that guy", but the 318 e46 engines were very problematic... The 1.9 engine was common for headgasket failure without warning, and the 2.0 engine was extremely common for the timing chain to go and destroy the engine completely. BMW knew this and did not recall... Hopefully that isn't the problem...
                      rip my car

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                      I've been ignoring a cold star misfire for over a year now and now it misfires all the time so I definitely should have fixed it sooner. Good luck with yours. I really love what you're doing with this car
                      Have you ever done that thing when your car is starting to make a weird noise so you turn up the music? Yeah, me too.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                      Update your thread so everyone stops thinking you died
                      Can confirm am not dead.

Originally posted by Laef View Post
                      Damn, didn't even realised your E46 had a thread haha

Looks really sick like I must've said on IG!

Give us some news !
                      Thank you. I made side skirts.

Originally posted by Mr Stance is love View Post
                      Your E46 looks so good hope you will continue the project.
                      Cheers dude! I shall continue indeed.

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                      Hi Michal,

I think we need to go down the OEM decal route, nothing over powering, something little for some mega OEM feels.

Plez consider, as i can sort you out.

Regards,
                      Your friend,

Deak x
                      Deal.
                      Last edited by Mehowski; 10-06-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear it was a simple fix! What did you use to make those skirt extensions? they look good.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Ello,

Quick update. I somehow squeezed 10mm spacers in the rear with no arch work. Is it enough? No. Does it rub? Sometimes. I'm going to add a dab of camber onto the rear just to get it out of the danger zone.

Also, I got amber rears. I love them, they make me very happy.

I'm giving the car a full detail on Friday so I'll take some fancy photos then, cheers!

Comment

Great update man, love the amber rears, also ive a Powerflow fitted to my TI (think you seen it fitted over on insta), sounds great, I went for a smaller box and removed the second silencer, mine not being a daily I didn't care that it was a bit louder (quality rasp after 3k rpm also both bumper and skirt add ons are a real nice touch.
                            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Any plans to go with amber indicators on the fronts as well?

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

So, this is my 1000th stance|works post!

Madness.

What an emotional roller-coaster.

Anyway, I gave the car a full detail, machine polished the hood and decided to go back to where I took my first photos of the car.

Before I did that however I also had yet ANOTHER attempt at refurbing my lights. I can confirm that we sort of managed to do the left light, but the right one is still shit. If anyone knows a cheap and good place to get new ones let me know please. I don't fancy paying £160 for a pair of new ones (current ebay price.)

We split the lights, machine compounded it, tried a load of chemically stuff and sealed them up. I also used some Megs tire gel to redo the inside of the light housing. Now, this Megs tire gel is literally the greatest black plastic trim restorer I've ever used. I use it on all my plastics but funnily enough I'm still yet to touch a tire with it. I originally wanted to paint the inside gloss black but now theres no need because this tire gel is basically a magic potion.

Glad to hear it was a simple fix! What did you use to make those skirt extensions? they look good.
                                Thanks! Now, don't laugh please. I used guttering. I cut that shit up and drilled it into the skirts with self tappers. If it works, it works.

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                                Great update man, love the amber rears, also ive a Powerflow fitted to my TI (think you seen it fitted over on insta), sounds great, I went for a smaller box and removed the second silencer, mine not being a daily I didn't care that it was a bit louder (quality rasp after 3k rpm also both bumper and skirt add ons are a real nice touch.
                                Cheers dude, I'll note that down. Does the TI comes with the dreaded N46 as well?

Any plans to go with amber indicators on the fronts as well?
                                Hmm, I'm tempted but just for the sake of tinkering with the car. Not sure if they'll suit it, and I don't want to over power the look with the ambers if that makes sense (it doesn't soz)

-----

Thanks!

Last edited by Mehowski; 10-13-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X