E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Kind of a cool update this one, and I'm really happy with it. So I said I needed to kill some time to entertain myself... well last weekend after a few beers I decided to do some eBaying. Luckily for me, I didn't empty my bank account and the only thing I bought was 100 inches of All-Fit lip for £8.99.

Now, I know I have the Alpina Splitter waiting to be painted, however I thought I might as well still chuck the lip on to see what it would look like.

I didn't expect much, but to my surprise, I'm absolutely in love with it. In my opinion it sets the front end of the car off perfectly. In fact I'm considering putting my Alpina Splitter aside as I reckon I'll stick with the front of the bumper as it is for a little while.

Let me show you the photos. The first one is without the lip so you can see what it looked like prior to the operation.

And then after I put the lip on.

Now I don't know about you but I think that looks sweet as. Fake lows are life.

Technically the bumper isn't sitting any lower as it curved under anyway, however for some reason it makes the front a bit beefier. Once again, I'm happy. Oh, the lacquer bubbles have deflated on my bumped by the was, once again - Good stuff!

Also... I've settled on wheels for this thing, and if they're still available when I'll get paid later this month they'll be mine.

Fingers crossed!

Mike
    Last edited by Mehowski; 07-12-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Making progress! Interested to see some wheels on this thing because I think it will really set it off. Lip is subtle but looks good, considering color matching it?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
        Making progress! Interested to see some wheels on this thing because I think it will really set it off. Lip is subtle but looks good, considering color matching it?
        Cheers dude! Wheels are coming end of this month as I need to wait for my next pay check to come through.

I'll be leaving the lip black, and I couldn't colour match it anyway as it's a flexible rubber material.

I went to a show this weekend, car did a 300 mile trip no problem. Here, have a couple of cool photos. I look dopey as hell in them but ah well.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mehowski; 07-17-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

So I found myself at an empty petrol station at 2:00 in the morning last night with my camera.

Because my tripod is short all the photos are from down below which don't do my ride height any justice.

Payday is one week away, meaning hopefully this time in 2 weeks time the car will be on wheels and I can finally dial in the ride height.

God knows how, but I've been accepted into Rollhard Cressing which is happening mid August. It'll be the first time ever I'm showing a car, and the first time the car will be out on it's wheels.

I've got loads of fiddly bits to do which I will be taking care of between then and now.

Cheers!

Comment

you had said you frame rails were less than 3/4 to the ground? In for fiddly bits

Comment

you had said you frame rails were less than 3/4 to the ground? In for fiddly bits
              You lying scum bag I said no such thing. Although when I get all my fiddly bits sorted I might be closer.

Did some more photo bits with a few of my friends. To clarify the bagged M3 is pending wheels (sounds familiar eh.)

Comment

I vote stepped 18" RF's

Comment

Tires have arrived, wheels should be here in about 3 hours.

I'll test fit them tonight, and then fit the tires on tomorrow after work.

I'll update with a test fit picture as soon as I can.

Shameless plug, follow me on instagram if you'd like to see more shots of it @fidowicz

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                    Shameless plug, follow me on instagram if you'd like to see more shots of it @fidowicz
                    If i spam you with followers, can i get many free Candy bitz?

Fanx in advance

Your frend

Lewis x
                    Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

Ah yes 18's

Comment

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                        If i spam you with followers, can i get many free Candy bitz?

Fanx in advance

Your frend

Lewis x

Ah yes 18's
                        18s indeed!

BBS RX261, was an OEM BMW wheel for the BMW 7 series E65. I've got white and gold center caps ordered, should be here on Saturday.

I got these from a wheel dealer page on ebay, I don't think they know that these wheels are fairly rare in the UK so he let me have em for £375.

Luckily these are my run around wheels and I plan on using these over winter and outside of show seasons. I'm not going to lie, in an ideal world I'd get these re-furbed but I just can't afford it at the moment. I want to save up for splits anyway so they will do for now.

I'm really happy, and can't wait to get them on tomorrow!

Comment

Are you gonna lower the rear? it looks like you've got a ton of rake in some of the pics

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                            Are you gonna lower the rear? it looks like you've got a ton of rake in some of the pics
                            Yep! This is on the to do list, but I'm waiting to get my wheels on first as likelihood is that they'll drop a fair bit on skinnier tires. I want to go for fitment on the rear too so they'll sit wide - this means I don't want to do any chopping until I get the wheels on. Once they're on, I'll figure out fitment and cut the rear springs down appropriately

Comment

ta da!

Comment

Damn dude, those look great
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X