No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the 17's idea but you aren't low enough to make them work. 18's will need to be sourced if you want decent fitment. Or you could ditch the alpina lip, use some of that money, buy nicer 17's and dump this sh*t on the floor and be real cool.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Mate it looks great their maybe a bit played out recently but I think staggered 18 inch style 32s are the way to go, perfect fitment aswell...

The drop on yours already perfect, 215/40s out back and 205/40s up front
      Last edited by Steven_318ti; 07-03-2017, 09:34 AM.
      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Very nice bud!

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
          that first one is like three inches lower than you are now though so if you wanna save that alpina lip I'd recommend going with 18s for good fitment and be slightly higher.
          If I take out the adjusters at the front and get M sport bumpers mine would sit like that on 17s.

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
          i say 18" also... for good fitment to pull of 17's that alpina lip wont last a week.
          You're correct, I'd crack the lip simply getting out of my drive.

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
          I'm gonna have to agree with the popular opinion that 18s are the way to go as well. 17s look close but no cigar

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          I like the 17's idea but you aren't low enough to make them work. 18's will need to be sourced if you want decent fitment. Or you could ditch the alpina lip, use some of that money, buy nicer 17's and dump this sh*t on the floor and be real cool.
          I've already got the Alpina lip haha, anyway I'm a pretty cool dude at the moment. Getting even cooler could be risky.

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
          Mate it looks great their maybe a bit played out recently but I think staggered 18 inch style 32s are the way to go, perfect fitment aswell...

The drop on yours already perfect, 215/40s out back and 205/40s up front
          Can confirm, staggered Style 32s would be lovely. However everyone has a set and I'm not sure if I want to be like everyone.

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
          Very nice bud!
          Thanks!

Time to browse eBay for some 18s.

Comment

It's currently 1:30 here in London and I'm waking up for work in about 5 hours, however I can't think of a better time than now to tell you all that I 'test fitted' my Alpina splitter and it looks low and cool.

Going to get wheels first before I get it painted and installed as I want to know how low the bumper will sit anyway before putting on my fake lows.

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

Hi guys, yesterday I decided not to listen to any of you, and did something I probably shouldn't have done. I test fitted my friend's 17" £1500 BBS RFs.

Arguably one of the most timeless and stunning wheels ever made, they just fit anything. Now I really want a set of shiny wheels, but that's on the plans for 2018 list.

Anyway... just look at the photos!

... it's so, so pretty. Like god damn this car puts a massive smile on my face. Shame they're not mine, but there's nothing a few months worth of saving up can't fix!

Sorry for the iPhone photos, my camera run out of battery and I test fitted these straight after work.

And, wait, wait. Before you say anything, yes the tires are small but imagine these with a bit more rubber on them. Slight stretch and a little bit more beef and they'd be PERFECT.

Then I could take out the front adjusters to get the front a little lower, and chop the rear springs a little - and boom, it will be complete.

So... what's next? I shall still continue looking for a set of run around/winter wheels which I can run and only after that I will start saving up for splits.

The run arounds might actually be 18s, I found a set that has caught my attention which I like. I'm not going to lie to you though, getting wheels now will drain my bank account dry and I have a few weekends away later this month and I could do with not being broke.

This means wheels might arrive when August is upon us. I'll continue to update you all as and when I do things though.

Much love,
              Mike
              Last edited by Mehowski; 07-06-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                Hi guys, yesterday I decided not to listen to any of you
                well that was a mistake; everyone knows you're supposed to build your car how the internet tells you to.

Comment

This is looking good, nice upgrade from the Polo.
                  Plans sound good so far, keep it up!

Comment

Hi all, small update this one.

Firstly, the driver's door trim has been falling apart for a while now, and it finally gave in this weekend when a clumsy friend of mine got caught on it. I've tried all sorts of sticky stuff to glue it back on and nothing has worked. Anyone got any recommendations? At the moment it's loosely held together by duck tape. While duck tape is technically the strongest material ever created, it doesn't look very tidy.

Now a good friend of mine has recently started making removable number plates. In the UK, you have to run a front plate by law which is quite shitty for people with e46s as the front number plate mounts have a million screws and leave marks on the front bumper. I **** the look of the front plate on these too, so I guess this removable one is as good as it'll get for me - and I'd like to avoid a £100 fine for not running one! Technically it's not road legal and my mate is not a licenced number plate dealer however I highly doubt the rozzers will batter an eyelid.

It sticks on using static which builds off of the vinyl, very clever stuff. I highly recommend there, if you're interested check out @killaplates on instagram. They don't wear either, so once you buy it'll last you a lifetime.

With all of that said, you need good paint for it to work. My bumper's lacquer is peeling underneath the headlights, and when I was showing my dad the plate I stuck it on an area I thought was safe - it wasn't.

Now I'm left with a massive lacquer peel bubble and I want to cry a lot.

Ah well, you live and you learn. The whole front end needs a respray anyway.

Also when I was drunk last night I bought 100 inches of all fit lips, so god knows what I'll end up doing with it however I'm keen to experiment haha!

well that was a mistake; everyone knows you're supposed to build your car how the internet tells you to.
                    I do it for my fans.

Originally posted by Wenman View Post
                    This is looking good, nice upgrade from the Polo.
                    Plans sound good so far, keep it up!
                    Cheers dude!

I shall leave ya'll with another photo of it because I love it so much.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

WOAH!!! Those RFs, ive said in other threads, my all time favourite wheels, mate they suit your car so well
                      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                        WOAH!!! Those RFs, ive said in other threads, my all time favourite wheels, mate they suit your car so well
                        The wheels are just nuts, they belong to my friend Connor Hollamby.

His car is from another planet.

Connor's a wicked guy, took my little brother to prom! Safe to say I organised him a good ride

Infact, I've got a lot of friends with nuts cars. Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing more of my photography etc as part of this thread.

Also, my private plate finally got registered. Yay.

This photo shows just how high the rear is actually sitting. I need to get some wheels so I can calculate how much I need to chop off the rear...
                        Last edited by Mehowski; 07-10-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

feel free to try the equips. its not like they are getting used over here at mine
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

I think i need an E46 as my next project...
                            Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                            1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

why aren't you as cool as your friends

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                                feel free to try the equips. its not like they are getting used over here at mine
                                Well that's very kind of you sir. While I'd love to take up the offer I fear that might make the situation worse, knowing I'm no where near being able to get a set myself haha

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                                I think i need an E46 as my next project...
                                Everyone needs an E46 as their next project.

why aren't you as cool as your friends
                                Cool machine broke.

Took the car to a really wet local meet tonight. Damn I need a set of wheels. I also need one of those gorilla mini tripod things too as a 1/4 second shutter speed is no fun hand-held.

My rear plate fell off last night on my way home from the pub (I wasn't drinking) which resulted in me spending 40 minutes looking for it at 1:00 in the morning. Luckily I found it. Safe to say I was straight down at halfords after work today to get myself a set of sticky pads.

I've run out of interesting things to say and do. Might do some interior bits in the coming days, while it's not interesting stuff it'll keep me occupied until I find more money for a set of wheels.

Cheers!
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X