E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement! Wouldn't have been able to do it without my little brother, the little clips holding the crash bar onto the old bumper were beyond my understanding haha!

Now the sides are sagging because there's literally no clips for the bumper to go into. I think I need new wheel arch lining. Like I said previously, the geezer who sold me the bumper didn't say a word about the bumper and apparently his one didn't have a crash bar... year right!

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
    Mate, come round to mine next Saturday and do the bumper if needed I will lend a hand. also I will more than likely be working on the 36.
    Thanks mate but I took care of it yesterday. I'm helping to bag Olly Goodwin's 4 series tomorrow so I'd have been busy anyway! Lets hope it doesn't rain too much...

Comment

• Saturday as in Saturday next week not tomorrow bro. But that’s cool man!
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• dammm, looks sweet. m sport bumper brings this to another level

Comment

• How you keep finding body parts already color matched is beyond me, I never have that sort of luck haha Looks great!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
          "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
          SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• There are about 5 or 6 E46's with the Aero kit up my way (Aberdeenshire). They are pretty cool kits. Also, if my memory serves from when i had my old 330D saloon, I had a coupe front bumper on there. It's the wings, bonnet and everything else front end wise that is different, but bumpers are interchangeable
            I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutch View Post
              There are about 5 or 6 E46's with the Aero kit up my way (Aberdeenshire). They are pretty cool kits. Also, if my memory serves from when i had my old 330D saloon, I had a coupe front bumper on there. It's the wings, bonnet and everything else front end wise that is different, but bumpers are interchangeable
              but the touring/saloon has that big ol' nasty bump strip running through it and will look a bit out of place on a coupe.

good information though
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                dammm, looks sweet. m sport bumper brings this to another level
                Thanks, it looks great! But I feel like I still need to do something else to this car to make it pop. I'm hoping to drop it more and space the wheels out.

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                How you keep finding body parts already color matched is beyond me, I never have that sort of luck haha Looks great!
                I'm a magician.

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                There are about 5 or 6 E46's with the Aero kit up my way (Aberdeenshire). They are pretty cool kits. Also, if my memory serves from when i had my old 330D saloon, I had a coupe front bumper on there. It's the wings, bonnet and everything else front end wise that is different, but bumpers are interchangeable
                There's not a lot of them about down south! I've only seen 3 or 4 owners of Aero kits pop up on the Facebook group so it's interesting to know most of them are up north. And I remember doing research about the bumpers before I bought my one, as far as I was told, you can stick a coupe/vert front bumper on a touring/loon but not the other way round. No clue why.

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                but the touring/saloon has that big ol' nasty bump strip running through it and will look a bit out of place on a coupe.

good information though
                +1

Anyway, this weekend I've taken care of the saggy bumper so it's now on properly!

I was hoping to get booked in with arch enemy this weekend however he's booked up. I want to get my arches rolled ASAP and I don't have to skill to do it myself, shame it's so expensive! If my arches weren't perfect I'd give it a go but I'm scare of ruining them.

Also, on Wednesday I'm picking up some 14kg BC Racing springs for the rear, hopefully they stiffen up the rear end a little! I'm not sure if they drop the rear end lower, but if they do I'll take off the spacer for now and run the 10mms on the front until the arches get sorted. I'll probably get them fitted next weekend. Also, I really fancy taking out the front helper springs but I'm worried I'll bang the bottom of the car too much. Should I grow a pair of bollocks?

On the total other hand, I'm tempted to leave the car as it is and start saving up for an e34...

As always I'll leave you with some photos.

Thanks!

Comment

• Leave as is, drive daily, save for e34 project
                  Imho this is the best thing you could do, this car is too clean to "thrash" it scraping everywhere and it's already beautiful as is fitment-wise.

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                    But I feel like I still need to do something else to this car to make it pop. I'm hoping to drop it more and space the wheels out.
                    Ride hight looks spot on to me...
                    A roof wing would set it of nice imo.
                    Maybe some kind of striped design between the side skirt and the side trim?
                    Maybe in silver, the blue while looking good is kinda plain...

Comment

• +1 for a roof spoiler
                      I'd also add a small trunk lip spoiler too. Maybe a basic rear diffuser as well

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Love it
                        My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Fantastic first assignment.
                          Needs extra dish for a distiction grade however.

Merit

Much love
                          Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                          1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Also Michal, if you remove the helpers, wind them up to compenstate for the drop. You’ll effectively stiffen the fronts up from doing it, as mine sits in the same place as it did, just a hell of a lot stiffer.
                            Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                            1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                              Ride hight looks spot on to me...
                              A roof wing would set it of nice imo.
                              Maybe some kind of striped design between the side skirt and the side trim?
                              Maybe in silver, the blue while looking good is kinda plain...
                              +1 for this guy

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys!

So, I do like the idea of a roof spoiler. Might have to do some researching to see if I can find anything interesting.

Decal wise... ehhhh, it's hard for me to make my mind up. I'll leave it for now, I need to do some more thinking about it.

Tomorrow I'm getting all 4 arches professionally trimmed, rolled and sealed. I NEED to do this as I can't have people in the back, and if I do the tire walls get absolutely obliterated. I definitely need new rear tires, I'm getting more and more paranoid that I might get a blow out. Plus, as soon as I have more room I want to space the wheels out more - gonna whack my 10mms on the front and hopefully fit 20mms in the rear. I also have the rear camber to adjust a little. Get them / --- \ wonky wheels in place.

In other news I bought a cheap 50mm lens (PL filter is in the post ETA Tuesday) and got a chance to mess about with it last night. Still a lot to learn etc but you get the idea.

As always, thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X