No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what this guy said^^^ new bumper, paint it, lol. love that your having fun with it!

Comment

• thank fuck the sideskirts have gone.
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• I have read ur thread a few times buddy and always check for updates most want the msport models but the se spec is also nice u have a nice car with some nice touches and the wheels really suit the car I haven’t seen any e46s with those wheels other than yours keep up the good work.
        Attached Files

Comment

• The water issue you had reminds me of an old Clarkson video. The one where he attaches a Nissan sunny to a catapult? Borrows a shotgun and blows a hole in the boot floor, you should've just done that
          Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
          1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• m sport bumper ftw.. if you want to be a little more unique, m tech 1 bumper, not quite as common....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
              The water issue you had reminds me of an old Clarkson video. The one where he attaches a Nissan sunny to a catapult? Borrows a shotgun and blows a hole in the boot floor, you should've just done that
              THIS!!
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Wow, mate! This build thread went from 0-100 real quick. I have always "underestimated" you, sorry for that bro... But with this build, you really stood up for your game and now I take this "Candy" brand totally seriously. And not only the build - fook, you got some skills with the camera also - good job!

P.S! Amber turn signals was the missing part for this Topaz blue... but these sideskirts look like Opel Calibra, sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                  I like the new M3 skirts, lucky finding them in the proper color! As for the bumper it's gonna need a respray, sounds like a good excuse to get an M-Sport bumper and have that painted up instead!
                  Oh yeah, I really am lucky to get them in Topaz. As it was an individual colour on the M3, I reckon there was a very small amount of them in the UK. Nice to take a W every now and then!

Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
                  what this guy said^^^ new bumper, paint it, lol. love that your having fun with it!
                  Yup, still searching for a bumper. I feel like it's been weeks... I'm literally checking every day. Still no luck.

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                  thank fuck the sideskirts have gone.
                  Language young man! Funny thing is they'll be coming back... but they'll be really subtle as I'd like a gloss black strip running along the bottom of the side skirt to match the lip I will be getting.

Originally posted by Tommybmw View Post
                  I have read ur thread a few times buddy and always check for updates most want the msport models but the se spec is also nice u have a nice car with some nice touches and the wheels really suit the car I haven’t seen any e46s with those wheels other than yours keep up the good work.
                  Thanks a lot man! I wasn't too fussy about the SE spec, in fact at first I really liked the idea of running an SE front end. If my bumper wasn't so knackered I'd keep it however as I literally need a new one I might as well upgrade to a sport bumper. Plus the Alpina splitter is fiberglass, meaning it would be an utter ballache to maintain and I'd have to drive around really carefully everywhere.

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                  The water issue you had reminds me of an old Clarkson video. The one where he attaches a Nissan sunny to a catapult? Borrows a shotgun and blows a hole in the boot floor, you should've just done that
                  No boot wells were damaged in the fixing of my flood.

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                  m sport bumper ftw.. if you want to be a little more unique, m tech 1 bumper, not quite as common....
                  The M-Tech 1 bumpers are really cool, however that's only something that was offered on the saloons and tourings. The coupes and verts only had one M sport kit. Before the M sport kit was released, BMW offered an Aero Kit which had a totally new front bumper. These are very rare to come across (very) and I reckon I'd have to fight off multiple wizards and travel thousands of miles to find one. I'll attach a pic of it below.

Originally posted by Ardi View Post
                  Wow, mate! This build thread went from 0-100 real quick. I have always "underestimated" you, sorry for that bro... But with this build, you really stood up for your game and now I take this "Candy" brand totally seriously. And not only the build - fook, you got some skills with the camera also - good job!

P.S! Amber turn signals was the missing part for this Topaz blue... but these sideskirts look like Opel Calibra, sorry
                  Thank you mate! I really do enjoy toying about with my camera, looking forward to making some films and taking more photos during this year's show season. Amber signals are on the to do list but are a low priority for now.

First things first, I need to find the damn M Sport bumper.

Also I've decided to not get splits and to keep my current wheels. They'll be getting refurbed and I will run a new tire set up with more stretch, so I can space them out more and run a little lower.

Also, I'm going to get a small white (or silver) pin stripe along the side of my car to compliment the centre caps and the window banner. I'll be getting new centre caps too, but they'll be staying the same colour.

I shall leave you with this rather crappy low light photo.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

• is this the same bumper as above?

Comment

• needs amber front and sides.
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• FINALLY I have found a bumper. Collecting it tomorrow after work from Dagenham, wish me luck!

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
                        is this the same bumper as above?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182858556784
                        Yes sir! I think they're pretty cool purely because of how rare they are. There's none for sale in the UK at the moment.

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                        needs amber front and sides.
                        Agreed. I'm still looking for some, but it's really hard to find the ones I need. Most ambers are for the early models which have slide in clips, where as I need screw in clips. Plus I've spent my car limit fund this month now I'm getting this bumper so it's on the to do list for next month.

Let me know if you see some pal, I know you have many contacts who can source that sort of stuff haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                          FINALLY I have found a bumper. Collecting it tomorrow after work from Dagenham, wish me luck!
                          Damn son, coming down near my sides? I'd tell you to drop in, but you've probably already got it by now.

M Sport is really what this car needs, excited to see it fitted

Comment

• hey man you ok? you've not checked in since you went to Dagenham. let us know your safe. #prayformehowski
                            Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                              hey man you ok? you've not checked in since you went to Dagenham. let us know your safe. #prayformehowski
                              I'm safe... just about! Took me about 2 hours to get to Dagenham due to traffic and my coolant light came on when I was chilling on the M25 meaning I had to stop for 30 minutes and let the engine cool down before I topped it up. Also Dagenham is full of speedbumps, can't see myself going back there any time soon.

So the bloke that sold me the bumper told me it was mint. Unfortunately, he's never taken the plate holder off meaning he didn't know about the cracks underneath.

He also didn't mention the stone chips and small scuff. I mean, they're inevitable but using the term 'mint' was quite miss-leading. He didn't mention the two massive dents underneath the middle of the bumper too, nor the fact that the bottom has been scratched to death.

Also, he didn't give me the fucking impact bar meaning I have to transplant my one, and it's near enough impossible getting the clips out. I'm not happy purely because I don't fancy spending a whole day fixing bumpers.

At least he gave me the fog lights for free (which I will have to replace anyway as they're odd.)

£150 poorer I went home and decided to try it on. After 3 hours my brother and I gave up as the impact bar is just too much for one evening, and the car park was closing - these are the problems of not having a drive!

Originally posted by Ceedark View Post
                              Damn son, coming down near my sides? I'd tell you to drop in, but you've probably already got it by now.

M Sport is really what this car needs, excited to see it fitted
                              Yeah it was a quick in and out trip to Dagenham for me pal. I'm excited to fit it on too, going to spend all Saturday trying to sort it out.

Wish my luck and may the M gods be on my side.
                              Thanks!

Comment

• Mate, come round to mine next Saturday and do the bumper if needed I will lend a hand. also I will more than likely be working on the 36.
                                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                                X