No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap enough that I can get it, coilovers, new tyres and a detail for wellllll short of a grand.

Comment

• Clear rear signals looks good! I also think a simple pinstripe fits on almost any car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post

In fairness I am using the cheapest super market stuff...
        That might be you problem or at least contribute to the oil consumption issue...
        Usually cheap stuff tents to produce oil sludge which clogs e.g. your crankcase ventilation.
        That means you get positiv pressure inside the engine, and that kinda pushes the oil by the seals.

Comment

• I Had some springs that'd of been ideal for your rear. Hayden has cut them in Half because he's a dickhead. I didn't even give him permission, BC race springs rated to a stupid level. They'd of been perfect for this
          Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
          1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
            Hayden has cut them in Half because he's a dickhead
            Looks like everyone has that spring-cutting dickhead friend. If you don't have one, you are it LOL

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• So I managed to get rid of my rake (or most of it) just in time for Players Classic on the 22nd of June.

Really really happy with the way it sits right now. I'm a good 15-20mm lower on the rear now and I'm tucking tire thread to match the front.

Here is how the car sits right now:

And well, if I'm honest with you all I think that's the car finished looks wise. Would love to do an impulse buy of some ultra concave Work Emotion CRs for that Jap look but unless I come across some money I'd rather spend my cash else where (New camera gear perhaps?)

I would really, really love to push this in a Jap direction though - the shits in fashion right now and I genuinely love the aesthetic of it all. Maybe I'll save it for the next build!

I'll get some better photos of the way this is sitting on flat ground soon and post them on here.

Today I linked up with my pal Scott and shot his E36 touring, you may have seen it on the front page of S|W recently - thought I'd chuck in a shot for your entertainment.

Thanks a bunch,
              Michal
              Last edited by Mehowski; 06-10-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Wow.

You truly have built something beautiful, Mr. Fidowicz. I was originally going to say the only thing it could use is a splitter, but no, it's really perfect.

Hats off to you, man. Stunning car.

Comment

• love it. when i look at it, i just think how cool it would be have as a daily. its so obviously slammed, and yet so OEM.

Comment

• Thank you so much guys! Means a lot, really happy with the car at the moment.

Comment

• I wouldn’t change a thing on this buddy nice clean and simple makes it stand out and those wheels are perfect and different as every body gets csl style or rota grids so it’s nice to see something different ��

Comment

• Yup. That works.

Comment

• Hi everyone, haven't updated this in over a month!

Car is still running sweet. I've been loving the ownership recently and I'm happy to report that everything is going well *touches wood*

The car gets it fair share of compliments at petrol stations and I've shown it at Players Classic at Goodwood, Broke Boys at the Farm and yesterday I was down at BMW Vanity for this year's shows. Met loads of cool people and got loads of cool photos of the car too.

I did find that my rear tires were a little bit knackered, and the right one had a 4 inch cut in the inner tire wall that was big enough for me to get my keys into it! Somehow it didn't blow and I did a good 400 motorway miles on it after finding out about it.

I finally found a nice cheap set of new tires, and took the opportunity to sort myself out with a bit more tire stretch so I can tweek the fitment and make it better!

New set up on the left. 195/35r18
                          Old set up on the right. 215/35r18

The wheel is a skinny 8J

The only problem is that I only managed to get my hands on 3 tires.

So, I put two on to replace the worn rear tires - I actually found a cut so deep in the left tire that you could see straight through into the cord, scary stuff!

I then put the skinny tires on the front and kept the two 215s on the back. Not sure if I'll bother buying another 195/35 and sorting the rear out but I probably will.

According to willtheyfit.com the new profile drops the front by 7.7mms which makes me quite happy, and the front bumper definitely catches on the road more often but I'm not complaining! I love it.

The fronts still tuck thread at the front just like they used to. All I need now is a set of spacers on the front to fill up that mammoth of a gap.

That no drive way or garage life is not the one I must admit. Yes, I'm still lingering in public car parks tinkering on this thing.

And I'll leave you with two WHAM rollers to wrap the update up.

I'll shoot some pictures over here once I get spacers on the front, a friend of mine says he has 12mm ones that I can buy off him and I reckon they'll be absolutely spot on!

Thanks for reading, in a bit.

Comment

• Looking good man, glad to here you've been enjoying the car as of late. The more and more you fine tune this thing, the better it gets, keep it up!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                            "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                            SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Don't put 195s on the rear, it's gonna look funny with that narrow of a tyre from the back
                              The front looks nicer now tho

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                                Don't put 195s on the rear, it's gonna look funny with that narrow of a tyre from the back
                                The front looks nicer now tho
                                What he said, looks very good right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X