No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels and pinstripe give it Alpina vibes, looks so good.

imo the LED M3 white and red tails is the best that can be had on these

Comment

• Car looks great on those wheels.

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Really digging pin striped look

Comment

• Nice car

Comment

• Love the car and really nice pics in last post!
            1995 E36 Chaos Coupe
            2000 E46 Touring
            2006 E46 Coupe
            2006 E46 ZHP Convertible

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post

Thanks! I don't think they'd fit onto an E39 anyway as your centre bore is too t h i c c.
              True, but I mill the CBs to suit on my wheels

Still loving this car though - making me consider getting an E46 project going on on the side!

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

• front passenger side wheel has one dark wheel bolt pinstripe bois look sick
                Gruz

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                  wheels and pinstripe give it Alpina vibes, looks so good.

imo the LED M3 white and red tails is the best that can be had on these
                  I wanted the Alpina vibe without copying it and making it my own, so I'm happy with how they came out!

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                  Car looks great on those wheels.
                  Thanks, they're in a desperate need of a refurb. Living in London and having to parallel park in tight spaces EVERYWHERE means I've kerbed them to shit. They were already in pretty back nick when I bought them anyway so I don't feel too bad.

Originally posted by Fila View Post
                  Really digging pin striped look
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by Jrs85 View Post
                  Nice car
                  Thanks

Originally posted by howyadoin View Post
                  Love the car and really nice pics in last post!
                  Cheers mate!

Originally posted by thirtynine View Post
                  True, but I mill the CBs to suit on my wheels

Still loving this car though - making me consider getting an E46 project going on on the side!
                  Go for it bro, just don't get my engine, the N42 is redundant.

Originally posted by gruz View Post
                  front passenger side wheel has one dark wheel bolt pinstripe bois look sick
                  Locking wheel nut will be replaced when I get my front spacers.

So, small update.

I went to visit my pal who took some cool photos, I also got new center caps for my wheels - flows much better now!

You can see all the battle scars on my front bumper there!

This thing takes too much abuse.

Also, I keep on burning more and more oil, and since swapping the coolant tank over I think shes starting to drink a little bit of coolant if the engine idles in order to warm up. Not ideal. Recently I lost 2 litres of oil in 600 miles!

Pretty fed up with it now, and I get the feeling that this car is a ticking time bomb.

Next weekend I'm replacing the rocker cover gasket, chucking in a oil filter and replacing the oil. Fingers crossed that keeps it running for the next 4 months, and then when show season comes to an end in late September I can replace this with another BMW. I've got a touring itch and it needs scratching!

Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

Recently I lost 2 litres of oil in 600 miles!
                    Thats quite alot.., what oil do you use?

I had a similar problem with my car.., it was burning and /or losing oil.
                    Changed the oil with Castrol 10W40 and it stopped using that much oil, its about one litre ever 5000km.
                    Since then i went down to the 5W40 Castrol, even stopped checking the oil level since it isn't consuming any...

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post

Changed the oil with Castrol 10W40 and it stopped using that much oil, its about one litre ever 5000km.
                      Since then i went down to the 5W40 Castrol, even stopped checking the oil level since it isn't consuming any...
                      I'm using 5w40 mate. Might start going for a thicker one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post

I'm using 5w40 mate. Might start going for a thicker one soon.
                        Don't just go for a thicker oil, maybe change the brand too...
                        Some engines just don't like a particular brand.., e.g. JLR cars don't like liqui moly oil...

Comment

• This thread is responsible for my E46 lust. I have my eye on a dark green saloon and already have the wheels for it...

Also, the slight misalignment of that shiny new center cap is making me twitch.

Comment

• Super clean example of an E46.

As others have said, height is perfect!

Comment

• So, it sort of bugged me that I had clear indicators in the front and Ambers in the back. So, rather than buy front amber indicators and age the look of the e46 (imo) I made some 90s inspired clear tail lights to tie in the pin stripes.

Pictures don't do these justice, but I absolutely love them and they really stand out, especially at night and under street lights. All i want now is some shiny Work wheels to really tie the aesthetic together, would be a perfect blend of Jap and Euro style.

Originally posted by epearce View Post
                              Super clean example of an E46.

As others have said, height is perfect!
                              Thank you! Means a lot

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                              Don't just go for a thicker oil, maybe change the brand too...
                              Some engines just don't like a particular brand.., e.g. JLR cars don't like liqui moly oil...
                              In fairness I am using the cheapest super market stuff...

Originally posted by YesOuiSi View Post
                              This thread is responsible for my E46 lust. I have my eye on a dark green saloon and already have the wheels for it...

Also, the slight misalignment of that shiny new center cap is making me twitch.
                              Dark green saloon is the stuff of dreams mate, hope it's a pre-facelift!

Comment

• Unfortunately not, but it does have the benefits of being £cheap and with zero arch rot.

Comment

Working...
                                X