No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the comments. I think you're right chaps, gonna leave the 215s on the back. They look nice on there as they are.

Just did one of my most satisfying mods on this car. Finally got rid of the disgusting interior trim. Apologies for the dirty cabin! The whole thing needs a solid detail inside and out at the moment.

Out with the fake 2002 carbon like spaceship trim, in with the alcantara!

Now I know, the steering wheel is a mess. Now, I don't want to splash Ģ150 odd on a proper new wheel, so I've gambled and bought an alcantara steering wheel cover. I shall report back what it looks like once it's on.

Also, I know the bit around the window switches is also butchered, but if I'm honest it's not so noticeable in person and it's really tricky to fix.

Next up on the to do list is spacing and aligning the front wheels.

Thanks for reading!
    Michal

Comment

• did you use self sticking alcantara?

you can get that from ebay and itīs even a little flexible so you can stretch it around the corners.
      Did my Interior on the E46 with it twice as its fading withing a year or 2 but still pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
        did you use self sticking alcantara?

you can get that from ebay and itīs even a little flexible so you can stretch it around the corners.
        Did my Interior on the E46 with it twice as its fading withing a year or 2 but still pretty good.
        Yup I did it myself with a roll off ebay, hence why it's a little dodgy. Really easy to do to be fair, and I could definitely get it perfect if I tried it again with a little bit more patience.

Comment

• Definitely try again on that center console, it's making my ocd go nuts LOL
          Since you don't have anything alcantara I'd have gone with some simple black or silver to match your wheels

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
            Definitely try again on that center console, it's making my ocd go nuts LOL
            Since you don't have anything alcantara I'd have gone with some simple black or silver to match your wheels
            Couldn't find black alcantara anywhere and personally I really don't like silver trim on E46s (looks too cheap.)

I have redone the centre console so there's no creases in it anywhere however it's genuinely impossible to get the window switches perfect as the material is too stretch and the panel gap between the switches is too flush to tuck the excess material in. To be perfectly honest it's not something I notice so it doesn't really bother me!

Comment

• Dude can I ask you what brand are your 195/35s from?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• 20 mm spacers on each side.

I'm so in love with this car right now - I'll get some proper photos of it this weekend.

Much love!

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                Dude can I ask you what brand are your 195/35s from?
                No clue bud, but they've stretched perfectly. I'll find out for you.

Comment

• Car currently looks like this.

Comment

• looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                      Car currently looks like this.

I think I need a fresh pair of underwear now

Comment

• The E46 will always be an icon. I love how clean and simple this car is, color, wheels well done!

Comment

• Thank you everyone.

I've replaced the front lower arm bushes - drives miles better now.

Highly recommend replacing them if you feel like your front end is loose.

Comment

• Ffffffffff

Comment

• No new updates here. Loads of cool pictures that I've not edited yet.

I have tinted my front plate though, looks kind of cool.

Car will be up for sale after the last show of the year, Ultimate Stance in November. That's if I can bring myself to sell it I guess. I feel like I have done everything I'd like to do to it apart from getting some really expensive wheels but I can live without that.

Reason being that my brand (Candy Showroom) has done well enough for me to strongly consider bringing trade stands to car shows next year and sell my clothes in person rather than just over the internet. Realistically I would not be making too much profit off of these trade stands but there is no other better way of getting our name out there as actually having a stand at a car show, and it gives me a shot at pursuing my dream of having some sort of income from cars, photography and clothes, rather than just my desk jockey job.

This means I need a large car in order to store all the boxes and a gazebo for when I do travel across the country. Now I've never been a van person, meaning a large estate car is ideal, allowing me to load it with everything I need inside, and a roofbox on top per say.

5 series Touring then I guess? A 3 series is definitely too small. If I'm actually going to follow through with this idea I sort of need to start thinking about it now.

Comment

• Looks realy great! Love the fitment.
                                Mini R53 - 05"
                                VW Bug - 59"

Comment

Working...
                                X