No announcement yet.

E46 Daydreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is looking clean! would be sad to see it go, but something like an E39 Touring would be a killer replacement

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• keen to see more pics, gonna miss it once its gone.

love the simple elegance of it

Comment

• Comment

• nice of grandpa to join for the last pic

Comment

• Says the guy who's car is probably older lol. Seriously though they are both so clean.
            2 328i e36's
            Saabaru linear 2.5na
            Various projects.
            sigpic
            Intro;
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
              qft.

I did both and you really have a hard time pulling of 17s static.
              Oh please. I pulled 16s on my 320. Photobuket is down or I'd show you a pic. My old thread is still around here somewhere. Gotta love the meaty tires!!

Oh and a tip for nicer rooling shot. Don't look at the camera, don't try and act cool lol. Straight face, looking foward, arms in the car. Thats the way that Is best IMO! We want the focus of the picture to be the car. The one where you are looking outside through the window is hilarious.
              Last edited by Meeve; 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM.
              Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeve View Post
                Oh please. I pulled 16s on my 320. Photobuket is down or I'd show you a pic. My old thread is still around here somewhere. Gotta love the meaty tires!!

Oh and a tip for nicer rooling shot. Don't look at the camera, don't try and act cool lol. Straight face, looking foward, arms in the car. Thats the way that Is best IMO! We want the focus of the picture to be the car. The one where you are looking outside through the window is hilarious.
                I don't understand why anyone would run anything smaller than 18s on a coupe 46. You can literally get it laying bumper, arch to lip on 18s if you've got the minerals. 17s looks good on a loon/touring though! Save the chunky tire look for Japanese things.

Also I think you'll find there is no fake cool here, only genuine natural cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                  I don't understand why anyone would run anything smaller than 18s on a coupe 46. You can literally get it laying bumper, arch to lip on 18s if you've got the minerals. 17s looks good on a loon/touring though! Save the chunky tire look for Japanese things.

Hahah fair enough, only natural cool it is!!

meaty 16s fitted the rat look I gave mine. Hell, I even ran 15s style 5s at first. It was a sedan though, not a coupe. Maybe I should have precised. And i beleive only 320/323 can run 15s cause of smaller brakes.
                  Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post

What do you catch on at your ride height? Is there much clearance to the sump? I take it you're already taking speed bumps at an angle

Comment

• Originally posted by YesOuiSi View Post
                      What do you catch on at your ride height? Is there much clearance to the sump? I take it you're already taking speed bumps at an angle
                      318s sit really high underneath. I've absolutely molested my splash shield, but other than that it's mainly plastics and what not (have a look at my front bumper in the pics.) Speed bumps dont really scare me so I just send it straight over if theres a lot of traffic. Anoyingly sometimes the side skirt might get caught on a speedbump thought and get fully ripped out. I've gone through two new sets of clips on the bottom now! Also I've ripped my front bumper off twice.

And I have also somehow managed to put a dent the size of a golf ball into my sump. I'm lucky it didn't shatter I guess!

I've also scrubbed through my exhaust support hangars (splitting it into two) so they now rattle when the car is cold. Although this has stopped recently (perhaps they're fully off?)

Yesterday cylinder 1 died on me - same thing as what happened last September. I swapped out a coil pack for a new one and it drives again - happy days, luckily I had a spare coil pack at home! My understanding is that all of them are fresh now. Spark plugs also have plenty of life in them.

Comment

• I've used this lot before... Cheap peace of mind:

The sump guard is new and fits perfectly for the BMW Seria 3 E46, with the following engine/drive versions: Not compatible with XDrive models - manufactured between 1998 and 2005.

Comment

• might be an investment for the e39!

Comment

• The simplicity of this car is its best feature, keen to see what comes of your next project if you end up selling this.

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Good taste + wagon = awesome. Bittersweet but looking forward to it.
                              2 328i e36's
                              Saabaru linear 2.5na
                              Various projects.
                              sigpic
                              Intro;
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• 46 is top.

Comment

Working...
                                X