No announcement yet.

The e36 Revival.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't do to much of which i got photos of, it was more of a tidy little things up and work out what needs to be attacked next.

got a little care package from my buddy

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

i have had some genuine sport wider side trim for a while but it was quite faded so i gave them a freshen up and they look brand new.

actually cleaned the car for the first time since 2015!! came out semi alright! also fitted the bumper properly and put the bumper trim on, i need to get new clips for the side mouldings and a few other bits so i need to find time to make a trip to BMW

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Those wheels are dreamy dude. What did you use to revive the black side trim? I need to freshen up some black plastics on my exterior.

Comment

Really a beautiful renovation.

I followed you on flickr a few days ago.
        My E46 >>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...6-330i-Touring

My E36 restoration >> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...50#post1582550

https://www.instagram.com/dres2x/?hl=fr

https://www.instagram.com/dres2x_landscape_urban/?hl=fr

/ / / M F A S C I N A T I O N ®
        m o t o r s p o r t c u l t u r e

Comment

DAMN! This makes me drool!

I also have a 316 (saloon though), and I too want to do an engine swap somewhere in the future.

The thought of it always demotivates me though, without any technical experience seems like a big headache. But this gives me some new motivation!

Comment

thank for the comments guys,

i used Meguires trim detailer on the trim.

with the engine swap i by no means have any technical experience either, i work in Wealth management/preservation for my day job and this is just a hobby for me. this car has been a massive learning curve every step of the way. Don't let your doubts limit you just get a group of friends and get cracking, its just nuts and bolts at the end of the day.

I have not done to much to the car recently just been tidying a few things up and looking for what to buy next.

I have started on some interior pieces, i have painted the boot carpet, here is just the one photo of now of one of the side trims for the boot. Will get the rest done during the week.

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Lets get this finished and then we can start on mine hey.....

Comment

Originally posted by SWR View Post
                Lets get this finished and then we can start on mine hey.....
                YESSSS!

So not much to report really but just some more little things that no one will really care about.

So i won a sport half leather interior silly cheap at 75GBP and looks to be in fair condition, i am planning other things for the interior but for now i will have something to move the car around in.

Also got this little gem for a silly cheap price off a really good friend!!

I don't know what you guys got over in the USA but not all of ours came with the leather hand brake handle. pretty glad i got one.
                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

AS you saw earlier i have started to dye/paint my boot carpets as they were slightly grubby and to be honest i didn't like the grey carpet.

I done the part of the boot or whatever you call it 'trunk' lid

I am undecided if i should paint the tool kit cover or leave it.
                  Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

What are you using to dye everything? Looks so much better in black rather than the dumb grey bmw chose.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      What are you using to dye everything? Looks so much better in black rather than the dumb grey bmw chose.
                      The grey is very dumb! mine wasn't to bad but I've seen some seriously grubby ones in the past, doesn't look good!

I just went to a local hobby shop and found a fabric/carpet paint in an aerosol can. and brushed them in-between coats to get all the rough bits off so its still not the softest to touch but it could be worse and if i am honest i can't imagine the boot being used to much, i plan on doing the floor carpet with it too but i need to get more paint as i have used 4 cans just on those 2 bits of carpet and i only bought 5 cans expecting it to be enough and have some spare.
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

I bought a new bumper, unsure if i am going to run it.

I know exactly what it is, but can you tell me what it is?

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

the aero bumpers are neat but I think more often than not, the m3 bumper is the way to go

Comment

I have decided, i don't like the bumper so i am going to put it up for sale.

here is a photo of it fitted.

Also got some interior in.

I should probably get a steering wheel for this thing...

and a sideshot as its sunday.

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

So, i got myself a steering wheel!

and my leather handbrake handle.

fitted it of course.

sorry not much of an update but its something.

And have a photo of the car. I am working on this car today so i will try and get a better update.

there really isn't much to get done to the car now for it to be useable! i just need to get the immobiliser programmed out of the ECU as thats what is stopping it from starting.

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Car is looking awesome but what's with the sticker bomb? Trying to get those 2013 scene points? I thought people were over that stupid fad.

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                                X