Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowest 4 door in the Solar System? Fact or fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest 4 door in the Solar System? Fact or fiction?

Albuquerque, New Mexico checking in with something different. I'm still early in the creativity process, so I figured I would put this in the build section. Onward and downward brothers and sisters.

Simply put, a 92' Saturn SL2 with a 6" Chop top, shaved all over, and lowered to static max on some WRX coilovers. I still have 2.5" of space from frame to ground, with a current 21.75" fender to ground on some 175/70/14's.

Overall roof height is 42.75", empty.

I'm looking to put a list together of all the car-limbo contest winners I can find and try to verify if I can claim the title of "Lowest 4 door sedan evah". Can anyone help me with my quest for information? Thanks!
    L1 by Alfonso Garcia, on Flickr
    19023496_10155469660332112_3941986040865504953_o by Alfonso Garcia, on Flickr
    L4 by Alfonso Garcia, on Flickr

*Youtube video me and my daughter put together.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7JzznB0J4k&t=23s
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LowestSedan; 06-26-2017, 10:35 PM.

sharkin, not my style but awesome nevertheless

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Thanks 190Evan.

IMG_20170604_145519120_HDR by A

IMG_20170605_165659662_HDR by A

Comment

Not lowest... maybe shortest is a better word? Idk how to put it. Ground clearance wise absolutely not, but maybe roof height which I know is what you were getting at. My car is only about 46ish from ground to highest point on the roof and I'm not even that low. I really like how everything is shaved on this though and the chopped roof somehow changes the lines of the whole car making it look like something else

Comment

That shit cray...

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
            Not lowest... maybe shortest is a better word? Idk how to put it. Ground clearance wise absolutely not, but maybe roof height which I know is what you were getting at. My car is only about 46ish from ground to highest point on the roof and I'm not even that low. I really like how everything is shaved on this though and the chopped roof somehow changes the lines of the whole car making it look like something else
            I say lowest because that is how Guinness World Records classified the "lowest car" as, roof line. I always figured the car that won the limbo competition was the "lowest", regardless if it had rocker ground clearance. I guess it's subjective? Thanks, it was quite a bit of work to get it to this point. I already want to change a few things over the winter season, lol.

Comment

I don't think limbo contests verify being the lowest around these parts champ

Comment

Originally posted by cult45 View Post
                I don't think limbo contests verify being the lowest around these parts champ
                Instead of telling me what you think, put some information on the table, that's what I was hoping for, not a simplistic "pub perspective".

I'd be glad to clarify my understanding, LOL. On ground clearance from frame or rockers, I'm in a monster truck, 2.5". Lowest height? No other 4 door is "closer to the ground" at 42" tall... until I'm proven wrong. (Which is what I'm looking to do/find out.)

IMG_20170604_145720681_HDR
                Last edited by LowestSedan; 06-30-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

If you put your rockers on the ground you might be the lowest.

Comment

From my perspective lowest would be roof to ground irrelevant of a chop top or being on bags etc. I am sure there are lower four door cars around, not to say that yours isn't interesting!

Rusty at one stage was a four door with a chop top and bags

Comment

Originally posted by LowestSedan View Post
                      Instead of telling me what you think, put some information on the table, that's what I was hoping for, not a simplistic "pub perspective".

I'd be glad to clarify my understanding, LOL. On ground clearance from frame or rockers, I'm in a monster truck, 2.5". Lowest height? No other 4 door is "closer to the ground" at 42" tall... until I'm proven wrong. (Which is what I'm looking to do/find out.)

IMG_20170604_145720681_HDR

First of all, I don't know why you're out to be the lowest like it's some sort of contest that you'll get a prize for at the end. I like to just have fun and enjoy cars. Not have a dick measuring contest about who is lower.
                      Second, when you say "lowest" 9/10 people will concur that being low is about the car itself being low to the ground.(frame, rocker panels, etc.) Not your head being close to the roof of the car. When the car touches the ground, thats what i think of as lowest.
                      Good for you that you're enjoying your chop top and measuring the top of the car to the ground as being the lowest. It's all about you having a good time champ

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus2k View Post
                        From my perspective lowest would be roof to ground irrelevant of a chop top or being on bags etc. I am sure there are lower four door cars around, not to say that yours isn't interesting!

Rusty at one stage was a four door with a chop top and bags
                        Thank you. I forgot about Rusty, but that is exactly what I'm trying to compile though, a bunch of lowlife outcasts that are family by virtue of altitude dissension. "Interesting", I like that much more than vile and cute...which I have had proclaimed already.

Comment

Originally posted by cult45 View Post
                          First of all, I don't know why you're out to be the lowest like it's some sort of contest that you'll get a prize for at the end. I like to just have fun and enjoy cars. Not have a dick measuring contest about who is lower.
                          Second, when you say "lowest" 9/10 people will concur that being low is about the car itself being low to the ground.(frame, rocker panels, etc.) Not your head being close to the roof of the car. When the car touches the ground, thats what i think of as lowest.
                          Good for you that you're enjoying your chop top and measuring the top of the car to the ground as being the lowest. It's all about you having a good time champ
                          Well it's at least clear now. I am a builder, and every hot rod car "thing" I have ever done is measured on a dyno, in seconds, in inches, in degrees, in psi, etc.... Sorry if that bugs you, but that is a standard burden for every builder. The bright light is, we build our stuff for everyone else to enjoy and to scrutinize. So blast away on your perception of my intentions, but it is all in vain. I just want to make a list of the LOWEST 4 doors. (No need for you to worship me as Champion, I want info/pics/data, not praise )

Comment

Got a couple more shots yesterday. Today I'm going to install the rear view cameras. I need to clean up that giant blind spot.
                            lol

ss2

ss1

Comment

That actually looks pretty rad.

Like said above it looks like air is in your future.

Comment

Working...
                              X