Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyer Beware: Review of a purchase I made from 1badg35 .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer Beware: Review of a purchase I made from 1badg35 .

This is the original post from which I found the wheel center for sale, that I purchased.

After a couple of private message with the seller, (1badg35) we came to a final price and I purchased the GT40 wheel faces he had listed.
    Here is the issue at hand. After asking, and getting a second confirmation from the seller on the bolt pattern and hub size, he was inaccurate.
    I was also given the information from the seller that the lip/barrel bolt circle diameter was very close to that of a 16" BBS RS face, so having stepped lips to build these to 17" shouldn't be a problem.

From 1badg35. "Ok so the wheel faces are 72.5cb and 5x120 BMW. They have a bore of very close to 12" diameter, so a hair smaller than a 16" "They are in fact 5x120 and 72.5 by the way."

The wheel faces arrived about a week after purchase for me do discover that the information I was given was false.
    I measured everything straight out of the box to find the pcd measures as 5x4.75, and center bore 73.8mm. Furthermore, when I reached out to a few places to see about having lips and barrels built, the bolt circle is almost exactly the diameter of a 15" RS rather than a 16. I sent a couple of messages to 1badg35 and none where ever returned.
    Picture of said wheel centers.
Working...
X