No announcement yet.

lamest s-chassis build in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up guys I'm back with a couple updates on my hoopty car.

So for starters, I replaced both the alternator and power steering belts to get rid of the obnoxious squeak that started at 2k Rpms and went on to like 4.5k.

Second I started working on the suspension. I rolled the rear fenders just for future wheel setups because it was not even necessary with the z32 wheels on 205/55(yes I know they are Balloon tires). I also tucked the driver side fender harness and plan on tucking the passenger side but again not really necessary with these wheels because how small they are but still going to do it the next chance I get.

Finally, I put the coilovers on rears were obviously a breeze(because 240) and sat pretty nice. I then put the fronts on later that night and what do you know, they run on the coils. So I ordered 15mm hubcentric bolt on spacers. I don't honestly think I need that much maybe a 10mm at most but whatever I'm gonna run them for now. So I have to play with the ride height some but I'll show you guys pictures of them installed

I don't recommend putting a fender on in the dark lol
    I also had a set of clear blinkers laying around and I love the way the legitimate 89 Canadian signals look they are 50/50 half amber half clear.

My brother had some vht lens tent laying around so I sprayed my cleats half red haha not perfect but they look cool for being cheap.

And lastly I did two things.

I failed to build my last Turbo motor and sold the kit and resigned from the project which left me with the want to do it again with this platform.

So I bought a spare ka24de longblock from a guy for pretty cheap who also owned a maroon s13.
    $160 dollars later in a uhaul it's back at my apartment. It came with mostly everything but a valve cover and oil pan.

And of course you need a turbo for boost I think so I got a deal on this and I'm sorry my sr people that I have segregated myself from the cult(mostly poor)

Holset 7blade hx35(internally gated) with the twin scroll 12cm exhaust housing. Got this for under $200 in an auction on eBay) plans are to rebuild it if it needs it, can't find a 12cm non gated housing because they are short nose and rare apparently(idk if bep or timsturbos still make the non gated housings) weld the wastegate flapper shut, port the twin scroll housing to make it single scroll and possibly polish the compressor housing. So we will see guys plan is to make 3-350whp on a top mount set up. I'll get a list together of the mods I plan to do on the engine soon and post it up

Comment

Here's some pictures of the car. Fronts rub on the coilover. So 15mm hubcentric spacers for the front and rear. The front also needs to go down more but they all are on

Some dusty picsss

Comment

What's up sw or whoever paying attention haha. So basically, got the turbo in the mail and realized it was pretty decently sized. I also, realized that I **** bringing tools back and forth to work to work on my car.
        So I bought this and some other stuff

Also bright the child home

It chose to ride shotgun.

"Tossed" her on der

Took the compressor housing off for some cleaning and I'm going to attempt to polish it but it looks heaps better then it did.

I also took the head of the motor yesterday along with all the accessories and brackets that come on it. I took them in to work and gave everything a once over in the parts washer. I'm going to be re painting some stuff with engine paint som it looks cleaner or something like that

All in all, the motor looks clean and crank and pistons rotate smoothly.

All, also took my little sisters parts labeler and labeled all the bolts I took off the block

Comment

So I got the car back rolling with 15mm spacers all around. I lowered the front some more and put on the adjustable rear toe arms. Only issue that I ran into is that for some reason the passenger tire is rubbing the splash guards whenever I turn right. So I'm going to figure out someway to get it to stop rubbing.

I also finished polishing the compressor housing. Not perfect but came out aight,

[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/CFEABFA3-244B-4E19-B570-EE28303AD0E2_zpsb8qskyif.jpg.html][/URL]

Comment

Small update. I got the car into my job and squared up the alignment. Had to do it twice because it was so far out the first time and when I did it and drove it it pulled due to caster and i wanted the front camber to be more even. My plan is when I get rear upper control arms to pull the 15mm spacers off the back to stand the rear tires up and runs less negative camber in the back opposed to the front.

The alignment sheets that I have a picture of is the 1st and second alignments beginning point and after it was adjusted. The first sheet was pretty much all red haha

As far as the ride height, I could go lower but not only will these balloon tires rub but I don't want to be slammed on the ground since it's my daily right now. Coils have about 2-3 inches left of threads that can come down. I feel it's a perfect daily height because I don't really scrape, rub or drag anything. I'm sure I'll go lower but right now I can live with it.

Also, another update on the turbo. I just purchased a timsturbos 9cm non wastegate exhaust housing. The one on the turbo now is a 14cm internally ***** housing and I think it will not spool that well on the ka24de. The ar is .63 on the new housing.

Anyway, here's a couple pointless pics

Comment

Height looks good to me, still low enough to look good and a reasonable daily height.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Appreciate it man! Yeah it can go a lot lower but i really did not want to be driving this thing around shredding the inner fender liner up haha so I just got it where most of the gaps gone and honestly don't really care for trying to be slammed on these wheels. It would be different if I had something a little more interesting

Comment

Sits nicely, any reason you removed the black wrap on the a-pillar? Got caught off guard by it a bit, haha. Nice car though!

Comment

Originally posted by PUNKMETHOD View Post
                    Sits nicely, any reason you removed the black wrap on the a-pillar? Got caught off guard by it a bit, haha. Nice car though!
                    Honestly I didn't remove it or anything. The guy I took it to just painted them without me asking or telling him too. Same with the black tape adhesive looking stuff that runs around the car lol. I was just like okay then

Comment

definitely not lame, I think it looks great. It would turn any enthusiasts head on the street, more people should do OEM+ with 240s.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
                        definitely not lame, I think it looks great. It would turn any enthusiasts head on the street, more people should do OEM+ with 240s.
                        Thanks man I appreciate it. It's far from perfect especially up close but it's cool seeing people stop and take pictures or ask about my car haha.

I do like the oem+ look. My plan is to source some r33 wheels I believe they are 17x9 +30 and probably throw some 10mm spacers to get a bit better fitment. These cars not going to get overs or anything like that. If I did any aero it would more then likely be type x although I like a lot of other kits and aero out there

Comment

Working...
                        X