lamest s-chassis build in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lamest s-chassis build in the world

What's up sw. I'm 20 and do alignments for a living currently. If any of you remember me(doubt it) you'll know I used to be pretty deep into hondas. I still am and I owned 2 second gen integra's and ek coupe. Basically went through a couple of cars that I didn't do much with and came across a 02 forester that was 5 speed for cheap. Bought it and blew a rear brake line driving home from Grand Rapids. Fixed it and a week later traded this and $2700 for a 91 240sx hatch. The forester was really shitty and smelled bad so I didn't really feel like I was losing out. Here's a couple of my cars to catch you guys up
    My old 99 coupe I threw a rod just like my da9 in

My da9 that I still have and mess with

Forester

The day my sack of shit came home

So basically I bought the car cause I've always wanted one and here in the Midwest(Michigan namely) most people hack the shit out of them and just drift them bro! I understand the mentality but I like a combination of form and functionality. That being said this is going to be a streetable, drift capable car. Nothing to really be competitive in.

So, some back story on the car. It's got a ka24de with like over 260k on the clock, plenty of rust and stock suspension. Not to mention the horrible s14 leathers, cracked dash and lack of carpet.

What I've done to the car so far is
    -5 lug swap with z32 rear hubs and cheap front hubs
    -staggered z32 wheels I got for a a steal
    -pbm tension rods
    -solid poly trans and motor mounts
    -nardi classic with dmax quick release
    -pignose front bumper and lip
    -kouki tails
    -isr 3" blast pipes
    And I think that's it so far. That's not considering all the body work I've done so far.

So, I'm going to just put up a bunch of pics and try and let them do the talking.

AND YES I HAVE PBM COILOVERS. I was going for a systematic approach lol my frame rails(typical) were rotted out so I patched them before I put the coilovers on. The car also is getting painted right now while I'm on vacation in maryland. It was between th1 and the ah3 that's on the car so I chose the latter for the sake of not having to have the jambs paint matched but slightly more dull. Anyway pics [URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/F233BA4B-E70E-411A-A7AE-D370292CC378_zps1caoiq5t.jpg.html][/[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/2EFECF17-89BD-457C-806A-6C39554B1D29_zpsmhgefeu6.jpg.html][/

[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/E19DEE92-2B32-4D61-8C28-FCD670063752_zpsw8ocqetx.jpg.html][/[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/7210096F-F104-452B-9EF3-82BBA620990C_zpsticq5w1b.jpg.html][/

Comment

Other side

[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/CEC30F09-63AF-455F-9263-B4E68FC1E8AF_zpsyljtoc5q.jpg.html][/

[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/jalenpatterson81/media/930FF9C9-2C27-4E32-8AD1-BD6B8F75ABE1_zpsvll4lfww.jpg.html][/

Also if you've read this far or looked at all the pictures lol I'm doing q45 brakes up front soon

That's pretty much where I'm at folks. Prior to owning this car I've never done body work or welded and I did what I've did on this car. Although not great my friends and family were pretty impressed that I did what I did so I don't really care if it's not the proper or best way to do it. I did research and watch tutorials and stuff so idk. As of now the car is getting the paint and rest of the body work done by my friend so after I get it back down she goes and hopefully I'll make it to some meets and events and things of that nature.

Comment

It's a good look. I always loved the pignose, which is strange but not with the hatchback). But imma be checking for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
          It's a good look. I always loved the pignose, which is strange but not with the hatchback). But imma be checking for this.
          Yeah man tbh I don't know why I like the zenki front so much but I just do I like both fronts but idk. Here's a coupe that I love with the pig front from a build over on zilvia

I went on vacation for like a week and went to Maryland(I know not the coolest place) but it was a change of scenery from the usual Michigan roads. My girls friend who we stayed with lived close to Washington so you know we went touring there and then the day before we left you know we had to stop in ocean city. Wasn't really anything spectacular but it was super sick just knowing this is where all the videos and cool builds come from/go to. I definitely plan on going this year. Idk if I'll be taking my s13 cause well it's like a 10 or 11 hour drive from me and we'll, because 240sx. But here's some pictures of that

Comment

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to do a separate post about the car(don't judge me) but car took a little longer then I anticipated but I can't even be mad. This dude has forever got my business if I don't diy something myself. Either way cars done but I also got some stuff for it. I got a new quick release and hub for it, rear toe arms, pbm shift knob, and I'm doing some maintenance on it. I got the new quick release because mines has a little play in it, nothing that I can't tolerate but figured I'd buy something else just because I guess I don't really know. Anyway here's some pics of the car before and after

Pbm shift knob for anyone who doesn't know what they look like

I currently have a tomei shift know which I like just wanted something a little different I guess. But I'm heading to get the car now so I'll update you guys with somewhat better pics

Comment

hell yea homie! cars looking good

Originally posted by BozoBubble
              Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

That rear frame rail was toast. Whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
                  That rear frame rail was toast. Whoa.
                  Indeed it was but i don't really care it's somewhat better then it was. I'm not a welder by trade lol so I did what I could and from my understanding this being a unibody, everything contributes to the cars structural integrity.

thanks for the comments my dudes!
                  Anyway, I got the car last night and the starter was acting funny when I originally dropped it off for paint. It went bad and i figured I'd replace it once I got it back. I replaced the starter when I picked it up and all was good.
                  Pics:

Comment

Love this. Good choice on the wheels too. I'm glad you saved this one.
                    Basic Bitch

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73775

Comment

Lol thanks man I don't know if I'd call it saved but it's a little bit better haha. Just want a presentable 240sx that hasn't had the piss beat out of it by everyone and their mother. But I appreciate it man and it's funny I looked at your build thread and saw that db1 and I remember seeing it for sale on Craigslist.

Anyhow, little update lol I got the pbm shift know in. It's rad. But also, I was looking at my rocker and some of my bad body work decided to rear it's ugly head haha. I'm not mad but a very thin hairline crack appeared in the bondo so I'm going to take it back and see what my paint guy says needs to be done. I rushed it and got lazy with the body work but hey, you live you learn. Anyway, plans for the car coming soon are:
                      Get q45 brakes on(just need pads+rotors)
                      Find open diff and weld it
                      Tuck fender harnesses
                      Put on said coilovers
                      Do mad skids bud

That's not the order those things have to be done in but just some of the things I need to do.

Pics of the crack and shift knob

Comment

That Integra......was "interesting" to say the least lol. I like the Shiftknob. What are you planning to do with that gaping hole under your climate control.
                        Basic Bitch

Comment

I don't know to be honest man lol. My past 3 cars haven't had radio's so I'm so used to not haven't music I just listen to my iPod. But, idk maybe a I'll make a radio delete plate or something

Comment

If you end up running a radio that would surpirse most people since everyone tends to rip em out lol. or use em for switches/ gauges.
                            Basic Bitch

Comment

True haha I might my cars so damn loud and I'm unsure if my speakers even work lol

Comment

Working...
                              X