2017 Crystal White Pearl wrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Crystal White Pearl wrx

Some of you may have read my previous build thanks if you did. But unfortunately the car started giving me problems and i was looking for a new car anyway.

my old car being taken away

Ive wanted a wrx or sti for years now but i was always so set on an aspen white 04/05 the "blobeye". However when i was looking at cars it was hard finding one that wasn't super modified or unmolested for a very high price. I didnt really want a 2015+ because of how common they are and how difficult i felt it would be to stand out. I also didnt exactly enjoy the new look or the fact that new cars nowadays are losing the mechanical feel and connection to the road that older cars had.

While i was saving money and looking for a new car i was daily driving a 2011 Toyota Sienna that was the extra car my family owned. I got used to the creature comforts and the newness of the car. That fact along with seeing more 2015+ wrx's the idea of owning one grew on me.

I work for Subaru so through my job i was able to get a nice discount on a 2017 wrx from my local dealership. I went and looked at a 2017 in Crystal White Pearl it came off the lot with an sti shift knob and short shift kit.

here it is the day i picked it up from the dealership

Last edited by Ryan.; 07-15-2017, 11:42 AM.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

The car currently has about 1200 miles on it and the current mods are:

Sti Short shit kit
    sti shift knob
    Perrin Plate Relocater
    subie bros f1 rear fog light
    subie bros bumper plugs

Ive got an anarchy motive shift knob on the way and hopefully this weekend ill be picking up an air lift kit with the v2 management. im also considering trying to trade my trunk for an sti trunk with spoiler. now to find some wheels and whatever other suspension mods i need to get this sitting nicely.

more photos

Last edited by Ryan.; 06-11-2017, 06:23 PM.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Comment

I really enjoyed reading through the wagon thread, but now you get to start fresh! Personally I think a set of BBS LMs would look killer on this.
      sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
      Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

Congrats Ryan, cant wait to see what you come up with for this one.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          Congrats Ryan, cant wait to see what you come up with for this one.
          Thanks very much! Ive got big plans for this car, im trying to keep myself committed to only using quality parts even if that would mean staying stock for two years while saving up for something. I wanna build something im proud of and i know is quality rather than have a laundry list of mods that make the car worse off than before. Ill have to come out to your area again one of these days and we can talk cars.

Originally posted by Golden Gramps View Post
          I really enjoyed reading through the wagon thread, but now you get to start fresh! Personally I think a set of BBS LMs would look killer on this.
          I agree they definitely would, theres so many wheel possibilities now that ive got a car that can fit 18s and is 5x114.3 im like a kid in a candy store. All the wheels i wanted for my wagon that wouldnt have fit i can now consider for this car. I have a tough decision ahead of me.

Installed my anarchy motive shift knob today, it weighs 1.65 lbs and the sti shift knob i had weighed .65 lbs. Im really loving the feel of it and it was great working with Derrick, he is good with responding to emails in a timely fashion and he was happy to help me and answer any questions i had. The shipping was fast and hassle free. I highly recommend checking out their products.

I will have a black anarchy motive shift knob for sale soon for a 5 speed wrx with a kartboy short shifter off an 05 wrx. i bought it when i was planning on swapping my OBS but that obviously didnt happen. If any 5 speed wrx owners are interested pm me, i am open to shipping.

Comment

I cannot seem to decide on a set of wheels i want to run on this car. Im eyeing up something of a deeper dish wheel, id like a nice lip that i can set up to sit fender to lip when air'd out. Ive always admire that really tight fender to lip look. I love looking at a car from behind and just seemed the tires and then a tiny bit of lip peeking out. Not at all sudani style but just the little bit you get with a nice stretch. I really want work meister s1 or work equips ive always wanted a set of those but not sure how theyd look on this car. Or even a set of vs-xx or vs-ss or any more uncommon wheel. i also was wondering what a nice three spoke would look like on here like an advan ra-3 i think is the name of it.

The possibilities are endless, just gotta figure out my budget and what i am comfortable spending.

Comment

Congratulations on your new purchase. Love the colour!!.
              Whats next?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                Congratulations on your new purchase. Love the colour!!.
                Whats next?
                gonna do some suspension and wheels, exhaust and interior work.

just taking it a day at a time.

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with Heritage Wheels by threepiece.us? or know anyone who has dealt with them?

i was looking at these maybe going with a white face and polished lip in 18x10

if anyone knows of any good places to find nice wheels please let me know. Im looking for 18s 9.5 or wider please and 5x114.3. i keep looking on here on the classifieds & vrwheels & threepiece.us & facebook groups (which suck too many stocks or reps) and wheelflip or wheelswap cant seem to really find a good reliable resource with good prices. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan. View Post
                    Has anyone had any experience with Heritage Wheels by threepiece.us? or know anyone who has dealt with them?

i was looking at these maybe going with a white face and polished lip in 18x10

if anyone knows of any good places to find nice wheels please let me know. Im looking for 18s 9.5 or wider please and 5x114.3. i keep looking on here on the classifieds & vrwheels & threepiece.us & facebook groups (which suck too many stocks or reps) and wheelflip or wheelswap cant seem to really find a good reliable resource with good prices. Thanks in advance
                    I know Jake(owner of threepiece) personally, he graduated from the college I'm attending and was a regular at the collegiate car meets. great guy, 10/10 would recommend. His heritage line is new, but solid, its all designed and cnc'd locally here in SoCal

Comment

loving the white! keen to see it on some nice wheels
                      2015_VW Golf R
                      Manual
                      APR Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by mrmomoz View Post
                        loving the white! keen to see it on some nice wheels
                        ill have it on wheels soon enough, just gotta save a bit of money first and finally decide what i want.

so the original person i was going to purchase the bags from told me he had another person offer him the same amount that i did, however the guy needed to get a bank loan for the bags. Then he also said he wasnt going to be able to take them off until tuesday of this upcoming week. So that being said i wont be getting bags this weekend however i found someone local who i made a deal with to get a whole air lift v2 setup and isc rear control arms and toe arms for $100 more than i was originally going to pay for just the air lift kit from the previous person this weekend. So i guess in the end it all worked out. While rereading this it seems confusing so i hope you guys understand what im saying.

TLDR: im getting air lift and isc control arms and toe arms for a good deal from someone local next week.
                        Last edited by Ryan.; 06-17-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

well tomorrow night picking up the air lift kit and rear suspension parts. then hopefully installing it with in the next two weeks. i cannot wait, im also trying to find the perfect set of wheels but my budget doesnt really have enough room right now for most of the wheels id really like.

Comment

Cant wait to see it on the ground
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              Cant wait to see it on the ground
                              same its killing me just thinking about installing them. ive never done it so ive gotta wait for some friends to be available so we can all try it together but theyre not available for 2 weeks. ugh

as far as wheels go, ive always had a soft spot for work equips or vsxx or vsss

but im unsure how equips would look on a 2017 wrx. im not entirely sold on them. though after seeing work vsxx's on a 2015 wrx i wasnt entirely sold either. I am the worst at making decisions and i change my mind like i change my pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X