No announcement yet.

2017 Crystal White Pearl wrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i traded my anarchy motive shift knob to a friend for his vortex diffuser. so hopefully ill be getting that on soon. i had gone back to my oem sti shifter because i liked it better, kinda wanted to stick with the oem + look. i want this car to be simple but good looking. i feel like the trend nowadays is just to throw as many parts at your car as you can so people can tell its modified and just to have a super long mod list. while half of the mods dont even work well together.

im pretty broke lately so nothing really new happening, just trying to save money and trying to think of some low cost diy stuff to make the car stand out. maybe ill work on my trunk setup while im at it.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Comment

so i was able to get a cobb accessport for $300 last night, today i purchased the MA Performance "stage 1" tune and flashed the car on my lunch break, only got it to drive it about a minute so now i cant wait to get out of work and go see what its like.
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Comment

im really enjoying the car its at about 8300 miles now. i cant wait to get wheels cause im getting kinda bored with it and thinking of maybe trading it for something else but that probably wont happen. i just really need to get it on some wheels so i can fall in love with it again.

Comment

Ryan.

Post more pics....k thanx
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
            Ryan.

Post more pics....k thanx
            ill have to grab my camera and go out and take some soon. its just i dont really feel like anyone would wanna see photos of it on the stock wheels so my interest in taking pics of it has been minimal.

Comment

I put nameless muffler deletes and a vortex generator on the car this weekend. i love the exhaust note now its just what the car needed. Now to hopefully get some wheels over winter and some odds and ends and ill be happy.

Comment

so update hit a pothole back in october which snapped one of my isc control arms in half and then realized my rear tires were shredded and so when i was removing the lcas i decided to get rid of the bags too. So took them out and theyre for sale on multiple facebook pages. I missed being static and could use some of the money to pay off a bit of debt so thats the main reason im selling them. So hopefully over the next few months ill be getting coilovers and then deciding on wheels and doing a few more mods. apr carbon fiber mirrors, front lip, sti spoiler or some other spoiler, and maybe an aftermarket bumper or something i cant afford a full kit but not sure if the bumpers alone would look dumb.

im so undecided on wheels since i have so many i like, but ill figure it out.

Comment

so i traded my air setup for a set of work emotion d9rs in 18x9.5 +38 and some cash. so once i get coilovers soon i will test fit these and if i like them ill keep them if not gonna sell them. two need new tires so i may just get different tires. anyone have a reccomendation for me on tire size? id love to be fender to lip on these but i daily drive the car so idk if if thatll be too much to ask for while daily driving the car 50+ miles round trip daily.

i cant wait for spring

Comment

A 215/35 should give you enough stretch to run fender to lip or pretty damn close without having to go off the deep end stretch wise. Just my two cents. I love those wheels too btw

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
                      A 215/35 should give you enough stretch to run fender to lip or pretty damn close without having to go off the deep end stretch wise. Just my two cents. I love those wheels too btw
                      after looking at some photos on tyrestretch.com i think a 215/35 would fit well i wonder if ill need a spacer to help the wheels fit fender to lip or if the 38 offset will be okay.

Comment

cant wait for nice weather and to get this thing on the ground. just gotta save up a bit more to get some coilovers not sure what brand i wanna get or what i can afford i dont wanna skimp but i also cant spend a crazy amount. maybe looking to spend like $1k so may not be able to go fender to lip like id want if the coilovers cant handle it without creating bacon fenders.

Comment

Main thing is to find coils that have short bodies if you're worried about them not going low enough. I know some companies like Megan occasionally have that problem where they won't go all the way to the ground so I'd definitely do a lot of forum browsing looking at other owners setups. AFAIK BC racing makes a set for your car and if you get the extreme low kit they'll be re-valved and have stiffer springs better suited for lows. Spring rate I wouldn't be too worried about right out of the box. You can buy a brand new full set of swift springs in any size up to 20-24kgf/mm for less than $400 if the springs end up being too soft

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
                            Main thing is to find coils that have short bodies if you're worried about them not going low enough. I know some companies like Megan occasionally have that problem where they won't go all the way to the ground so I'd definitely do a lot of forum browsing looking at other owners setups. AFAIK BC racing makes a set for your car and if you get the extreme low kit they'll be re-valved and have stiffer springs better suited for lows. Spring rate I wouldn't be too worried about right out of the box. You can buy a brand new full set of swift springs in any size up to 20-24kgf/mm for less than $400 if the springs end up being too soft
                            good to know, ill definitely have to take a look around, just saving up some cash now to get coilovers hopefully by the end of april.

Comment

mother nature is taunting me

i wish i wasnt so lazy because my thread would be hell of a lot better if i actually took photos with my camera instead of my phone but im too lazy to always get my camera just to take a few photos. why am i like this

my little helper keeping me company while i shoveled yesterday

Comment

So last night was able to get a jdm grill and a front lip for my car so those should be going on sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X