3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

1980 Merecedes 230TE
    • 180,xxx miles
    • 2.3L Four Cylinder (M102.980)
    • 4 Speed Manual Transmission
    • Working A/C
    • Working Self Leveling Rear Suspension (SLS)
    • All Euro Specific Parts
    • Period Correct Gold Grill (Original will be included)
    • Nardi Steering Wheel (Original will be included)
    • 14" Bundt Wheels w/ Good Tires

For sale is my 1980 Mercedes Benz 230TE. It is a grey market car meaning it was originally sold in Germany and retains all of the European market parts. This means this particular station wagon comes with the highly desirable Euro headlights and bumpers. Along with the typical Euro spec parts that make this particular wagon desirable it is also equipped with a factory manual transmission.

The vehicle was brought over in the 1980's with around 40,000 miles on it. As it sits it has had approximately 140,000 miles put on it in the states. This wagon fires up without hesitation and is mechanically in excellent shape. I preformed a dry compression test before purchasing and all cylinders were within 5psi. The previous owner had the self-leveling rear suspension (SLS) serviced and it is in perfect working order.

I purchased the wagon in the summer of 2013 as a project. I replaced the floors and chased all the structural rust out of the car. There is still cosmetic rust on the exterior. New rear quarter patches will be provided with the car at the time of sale (ran out of time to put them on. Ended up moving away for a few years and the car has been on the backburner since. I recently relocated to the tri-state but need to move again and need to sell off a few cars. This wagon is an excellent candidate for a weekend cruiser or to receive and engine swap (I had plans for a small block Ford v8). I'm asking $5000 for my wagon as it sits no trades.

Text is preferred (862.324.0531),
    John
Working...
X