Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON 1 - Focus ST

This is the build of my 2008 ford focus ST 2.5

its a late thread so i dont have photos from the very begining so ill start with the current spec of the car right now and go from there.

I had the Engine rebuilt and some steel shims put between the block liners to strengthen the bores as this is the main weakness on the volco engines. yes i know its not low but thats about to change with some new suspenion and bushes.

Full engine rebuild
    block mod
    RS clutch and flywheel conversion
    Dreamscience cat back exhaust 3"
    Miltek decat 3"
    Roadsport downpipe 3"
    solid lower engine mount from pumaspeed
    polyutherane subframe bushings
    hard race wishbones
    BC racing BR series coilovers (to fit)
    Roadsport focus rs stage 2 intercooler
    K&N cosworth group A intake
    RS ecu holder
    RS spark plugs
    RS oil cooler
    TRC front lip
    Ebay canards

Dreamscience MOD X PLUS software (Launch control & Hardcut)
    DDG Tuning Decel and pop and bang map

dyno at

320 bhp
    386 lbft

Little video in mexico showing the map

Enjoy i have a long way to go

BC Racing BR to go on

Last edited by Fudge; 05-21-2017, 05:03 AM.
    LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

My stage 3 Focus ST MK2 build:
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...CON-1-Focus-ST

Do enjoy a Focus ST! What have you got planned apart from the coilovers?

Comment

Jesus that sounds good. Didn't know the Dura tec's were 5 cylinders that's awesome, I don't know if we even got these in the states.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
        Jesus that sounds good. Didn't know the Dura tec's were 5 cylinders that's awesome, I don't know if we even got these in the states.

I think Australia got them but they we're called XR5 I don't think you guys did in the states!!

Basically I'm planning on a

Wavetrack limited slip differential
        Pair of pole positions or similar
        Half cage (orange obviously)
        Some garage midnight long studs to run 20mm spacers until i can afford some 1552 or other rally type wheels
        Repaint the front bumper, bonnet and wings
        Remove stickers ��
        LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

Awesome sounding exhaust... Almost nothing can beat the sound of the 5 cylinder engine. I say remove the stickers. It makes the car look much cleaner.

Comment

I see you! Updates as of Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Bodoman View Post
              I see you! Updates as of Monday
              Oh yes jack!! She's in good hands on Monday
              LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

Little Update of things i missed from the first post

i bought myself a Collins Performance short shift linkage and got that fitted on ! it really tightened up the shifting pattern and got rid of the sloppy feel. I had a black alcantara shift boot with double orange stitch made from my old work place (Project kahn in bradford. Then purchased a shift extender from Tegiwa imports m12x1.25 same as toyota and nissan i think? and a quaiffe duracon gearknob (20bhp)

and this Happened as the gold heat tape was very messy and peeling off the intake, Its basically hunting rifle wrap £3.50 later....

LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

small update

gave her a quick wash and jetwashed under the arches ready for the new coilovers tomorrow and then removed the stickers from the side ... nightmare

LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

Looks SO much better without those stickers. This era ST just makes my heart throb- wish we had got them here in the States, but I'm 99% sure that Duratec doesn't pass emissions here.
                    sigpic

Comment

so today i spent the day fitting the BC Coilovers.

didnt run into any issues except i found out i needed disks and pads very soon i got them set at a reasonable height to let them settle in before it goes for a full 4 wheel alignment in a couple of days.
                      im really happy with the results so ill take her for a nice drive on the b roads tonight and see whats what.

Next on the List is spacers for sure, im thinking 20mm

Photos taken on my s7 edge so dont expect anything great

Enjoy

life saver !!

jacks making some adjustments in his suitable work gear

all on and dialled in

had to take a photo to appreciate this bad boy Ford Cortina GXL

LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                        Looks SO much better without those stickers. This era ST just makes my heart throb- wish we had got them here in the States, but I'm 99% sure that Duratec doesn't pass emissions here.

The ST is very similar to the Volvo C30. Same engine but with a different tune. Not as good handling. about 10k more. We did get screwed in the states. Ford was too focused on trucks and SUVs to worry about sport compact.

Comment

Originally posted by poondobber View Post
                          The ST is very similar to the Volvo C30. Same engine but with a different tune. Not as good handling. about 10k more. We did get screwed in the states. Ford was too focused on trucks and SUVs to worry about sport compact.
                          very true ! its basically the same underpinnings i think? but on the other hand you boys get the SVT line RAPTOR trucks and we get crappy vans
                          LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

Originally posted by Fudge View Post
                            very true ! its basically the same underpinnings i think? but on the other hand you boys get the SVT line RAPTOR trucks and we get crappy vans
                            That reminds me of the Top Gear with the SVT Lightning. Unless I was living out in the desert Id pick the focus (2015 ST is what Im driving now) over the Raptor. I get 19mpg. Cant imagine what the Raptor would be like.

Comment

Originally posted by poondobber View Post
                              That reminds me of the Top Gear with the SVT Lightning. Unless I was living out in the desert Id pick the focus (2015 ST is what Im driving now) over the Raptor. I get 19mpg. Cant imagine what the Raptor would be like.

SVT just sounds so cool haha ! i dont eventhink id get a RAPTOR tbh they look cool but id have to get bronco !! good old tank

how you finding the new model ST? i was debating getting the MK2 RS but ive gone too far with this now to sell it and get the RS
                              LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

Comment

Working...
                              X