Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 2000 Jaguar XJR v8 Supercharged slightly modded - SoCal

Name: James

I have to sell my XJR due to a short notice (I found out monday) upcoming PCS move to Texas this August. I bought the car in October from a horse trainer who has a lot of Jaguars. His cars were maintained by a Euro mechanic in Corona who specializes in Jags, Rolls, etc. I **** to see her go and I really love the car. But, I'm only taking two with me.

The Car:

2000 Jaguar XJR (Silver/black)
    162k miles
    4.0l supercharged v8 (370hp/390ft lbs of torque)
    Mercedes 5 speed auto transmission (the same behind the 55 AMG cars; very strong)

The x308 XJR is a somewhat rare and very handsome car and one of the best looking Jaguar sedans in my opinion. Very subtle and gets a lot of compliments from everyone. With that said, this thing is a sleeper! Very fast when you want it to be, yet composed. The XJR is known to be reliable as compared to the regular XJ8. There are some common issues they are known for but this car has had all that taken cared of.

The car has an upgraded Bosch 010 intercooler pump to go with the pulley upgrade and custom exhaust (not very loud). The tires are practically new Yokohoma Neova Ado8's which are some of my favorite tires.

I've only had one issue with the car. The coolant hose under the supercharger burst. Caught it in the driveway so it didnt overheat. In order to replace it, everything on the top portion of the engine has to be removed including the supercharger. While in there I did the following things:

-Upgraded to metal timing chain tensioners (must be done on these cars, do not buy one with plastic tensioners)
    -Coolant hoses under the supercharger (known to burst, $17 hose but a PITA to replace)
    -Rebuilt Supercharger and upgraded upper pulley (Done by Powerhouse Automotive in UK)
    -Replaced supercharger outlet seal
    -Valve cover gaskets
    -Intercooler hoses, clamps, etc
    -Bosch 010 intercooler pump upgrade (flows better than stock and cheaper too. Can be found on every boosted AMG car)
    -Revised intercooler duct seals
    -Charge air cooler seals
    -Coolant hoses
    -Thermostat
    -Coolant level sensor
    -Part load breather hose
    -Throttle body seal
    -Throttle body arm to supercharger gasket
    -EGR gasket
    -Knock sensors (they're under those coolant hoses mention above)
    -Windshield wiper
    Basically every hose and gasket from the valve covers and up have been replaced. Well over $1,000 in parts.

Once I get the supercharger back from the UK I'll put it all back together and keep driving her until she sells.

I'm not looking to make any money from the car. I expect to lose money with every car I own because I like to do things to them. I chalk it up as paying for the experience.

Price: currently not for sale in storage.

Last edited by GTShunter; 02-17-2018, 03:30 PM.
    Mercedes:
    93' 190E Sportline
    80' 450SEL 6.9
    67' 250SE

Good luck with sale, nice car.
    Activity is not on my list of activities.

Comment

Bump
      Mercedes:
      93' 190E Sportline
      80' 450SEL 6.9
      67' 250SE

Comment

only trades that ill accept is a 2000-2006 full-size GM SUV (Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon) 5.3 or 6.0.
        Mercedes:
        93' 190E Sportline
        80' 450SEL 6.9
        67' 250SE

Comment

Bump; lowered price, 5k. Anyone with v10 excursion want to trade?
          Mercedes:
          93' 190E Sportline
          80' 450SEL 6.9
          67' 250SE

Comment

Working...
          X