College Budget MK4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Budget MK4

7 months ago I sold my supercharged focus and got into a VW, I finally got the stance dialed in close to how I want it and the gorgeous weather this weekend seemed like a good time to take some pictures of its current state.

Please note this car has been built on a college budget I have less than $500 into the "stance" part of the car.

The engine mods were part of a head rebuild that I had to perform due to lack of timing belt maintenance.

I just wanted to post my car to show other college students on a budget what you can do with some patience. I started to look for wheels in april and just got the enkei's on the car a week ago! it has taken far longer than I would like and lots of patience but in the end I think the results are worth it.
    I was able to get the whole stance setup so cheaply by using raceland coils and trading some stuff I had laying around that I wasn't using for a set of wheels which I then traded for these wheels.

Feel free to offer advice/criticism on how to improve both the car itself but also my photos! I'm still getting a feel for my new to me canon rebel.

Mods that matter:
    Schroth 4 point Harness
    Raceland coilvovers
    AEB ported head
    ported intake manifold
    3" catless downpipe
    neuspeed intake
    Hawk HP+ pads
    Brembo Rotors
    neuspeed SS brake lines
    New South boost and oil gauges
    Under drive pulley kit
    semi wire tucked bay

Wheels:
    17x9 17x8 staggered enkei sporsh 3-piece wheels with 215/45 hankooks
    16x8 vw force alloy's with 225/50/16 kumho xs tires for autocross

NOTE FOR THE HANDLING NATZI's:
    racelands suck blah blah blah say what you want but the car has taken 2 consecutive 1sts in SMF at the local autocross events with the coilovers raised all the way up.

Proof:

haha you got balls to track racelands! looks good man, keep it up.
    INSTRAGRAM @jbootyyy @superstarcustoms

Comment

Car looks super clean man, nice to see that you are tracking it too! Keep up the good work.

flickr

Comment

I like it a lot, at first I didn't think I was going to like the wheels on there, but it looks really nice. Well done.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Prime View Post
          Thanks, lol I figure with the 3 year warranty worst case I'll just have to swap the stock stuff back on while they get repaired/replaced with the warranty.

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
          Car looks super clean man, nice to see that you are tracking it too! Keep up the good work.
          Thanks!

Comment

I don't post much, but you, sir, are doing it right.
            HAI GUISE

Comment

Originally posted by Prime View Post
              This. How did it handle on the racelands? Im scared shitless to take any corner above 40mph on them lol.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                I like it a lot, at first I didn't think I was going to like the wheels on there, but it looks really nice. Well done.
                I wasn't sure when I first got them either! but I think they turned out pretty well.

I'm already on the hunt to find something different to trade them for though.

Originally posted by Jamxx View Post
                I don't post much, but you, sir, are doing it right.
                I appreciate the compliment.

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                This. How did it handle on the racelands? Im scared shitless to take any corner above 40mph on them lol.
                it handled just like stock but with less body roll.

my personal feelings after the autocross weekend is that it is a definite improvement over the 124k mile old stock suspension. I am sure that something like bilstien dampers would do much better autocrossing than this suspension but I wanted something that could be low for DD driving, so for my goals this suspension is working perfectly.

Comment

Wow, that needs to be more specific. The "minimum" is the lowest standard payment you can make on a student loan or car loan, and for a credit card, it's the monthly balance. If you try to pay off your credit card by putting the minimum $20 or $30 toward it, you'll be financially ruined in short order.

pay for essay service <-----

Comment

Yes, a lot of work has been done! Indeed, there is something to be proud of! I am also proud of my site - https://best-vegas.com/events-in-january/, although I do sites, not machines, but this, I want to tell you, is not easy either!

Comment

Great job on a budget!!

Comment

Working...
                      X