Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me some tips on my Borbet A's

Hey Guys!

I'm running 17inch staggered Borbet A's on my BMW E36, wich I plan to redo/paint/polish/finish sometime in the future.

They're one piece wheels, but I'd like to differentiate the inner color from the outer. Insides will be White, or maybe a gray? The deep dish will be polished mirror-like.

Before I do all this, I want to make sure the wheels are 100% straight. I'm not sure what metal they're made out of, and how bad they are. I know that one of the rears has a slight bump somewhere, since spinning it while off the ground makes it look like it's wobbling. Is this possible with these wheels? (aka won't they crack)

Also, should I sandblast them? Use paint stripper? Chemical paint stripping by a pro? Previous owner just painted over the original paint as far as I can tell. Also keep in mind the hubcaps/covers are plastic, and will be the same color as the rest.

Thanks guys, appreciate anything you have to say about em!

For the potential wobbly, I'd bring the wheel to a tire shop and have them spin it up. bring a paint pen and mark where it's wrong. Maybe find a wheel repair shop if you're not comfortable pounding out the wheel yourself.

As for stripping, chemical is better in my opinion. I just use aircraft paint stripper, I've read that oven cleaner can have a similar effect but I don't have experience with it.

Comment

I can't help you with anything, but I'm just stopping by to say your wheels are badass.

Comment

Give me some tips on my Borbet As

All stock 11" 535i non-Msprt.
        Looking to drop it with OEM wheels. Thinking BC coilovers or spring.
        What spring give you the lowest drop?

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel.Merc View Post
          I can't help you with anything, but I'm just stopping by to say your wheels are badass.

Thanks! But far from perfect...

Comment

I don't know man, I just bought the cheapest coilover kit I could find.

This happens to be a TA-Technix Adjustable coilover kit.

Comment

Working...
            X