98 Subaru Legacy Wagon "TUF"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Subaru Legacy Wagon "TUF"

Hello again! So I've finally have a vehicle I plan on keeping for a long time. I loved my 98 Dodge ram 1500 and I had that as my daily driver for about a year and then totaled it in november of last year =( So I bought the first thing I looked at lol it's a 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 5 speed manual. So far I've had the heads rebuilt, new head gaskets, new timing belt, new clutch, all new cooling system, ac recharged, and a ton of other little things i've fixed since I got it that I can't think of. Right now I'm waiting for all my parts to come in the mail! I ordered outback shocks (1.5" lift), 2" lift spacers, 42" curved LED light bar, LED headlight bulbs, and a code alarm. Everything should be here by friday so this weekend I'll take pictures and update with all the fun stuff! Okay so here's how it looked a few weeks after I bought it and I'll update with current pictures after I install all my parts this weekend!

Last edited by Luke Girard; 07-17-2017, 05:43 PM.

Upload them to photobucket or flickr depending on your preference and copy the image address by right clicking on the photo once on your photo-sharing website, then click the LINK button in the text box when you post and place it there and that will allow the photos to be seen larger and make your thread look better and easier to view. Looks like a solid platform! H-six or four banger?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Please, please, please keep this one. Legacy wagons are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
        Upload them to photobucket or flickr depending on your preference and copy the image address by right clicking on the photo once on your photo-sharing website, then click the LINK button in the text box when you post and place it there and that will allow the photos to be seen larger and make your thread look better and easier to view. Looks like a solid platform! H-six or four banger?
        That's what I did with the photo but idk why its so small. And it's the 2.2 4 cylinder NA
        Originally posted by Tate View Post
        Please, please, please keep this one. Legacy wagons are amazing.
        I plan on it! I already have all the parts to lift it 4" so I can take it offroad more!

Comment

I got more parts in the mail today!!!!!
          Last edited by Luke Girard; 07-17-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

LOL at that flat earth sticker.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
              LOL at that flat earth sticker.
              I'm glad ya like it! So the rest of my parts showed up today!
              All the parts that are going on this weekend are
              42" Curved LED Light Bar
              LED Headlights
              Keyless entry/Alarm and rear hatch popper
              New Idle Air Control Valve
              New front cat, delete rear cat, and new muffler
              2" Lift spacers
              Outback KYB Shocks which are a 1.5"-2" Lift!
              Can't wait to get all of this stuff installed!
              I've spent about a grand on all of this and now I'm broke af.....
              Last edited by Luke Girard; 07-17-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

It'll be fun to see something get lifted on Stanceworks lol. Legacies are the shizznet, buddy of mine got his to 370k before rust combined with a blown head gasket sent it to the scrapper. In SoCal I'd guess you could drive one of these things forever, or at least until you got tired of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                  It'll be fun to see something get lifted on Stanceworks lol. Legacies are the shizznet, buddy of mine got his to 370k before rust combined with a blown head gasket sent it to the scrapper. In SoCal I'd guess you could drive one of these things forever, or at least until you got tired of it.
                  Yeah it's a pretty awesome car so far! I bought it at 115,000 miles and both head gaskets were already blown But I fixed them and did a ton of other needed maintenance and it has been a great car so far. I'm super excited to finally start doing fun stuff to it! After I get all this stuff installed I can start saving up for wheels and tires!

Comment

So over the weekend we were able to work on it. I installed the led's alarm and ran the wires for the light bar. We didn't get the shocks installed or the light bar mounted. Also my front passenger side wheel bearing destroyed itself yesterday so I need to get that replaced too. Hopefully after Joey stops being sick we can install everything else!!!
                    Last edited by Luke Girard; 07-17-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Jack it to the sky and post pictures of it completely caked in mud parked up next to some stancey cars. The pic would be amazing.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm buying a 1993 Saturn SW2 Wagon for $160!!! Technically $300 because it owes $140 for tags and it needs a smog bleh. The engine has been rebuilt and it has a new clutch! It's my friends "offroad" toy. He welded a tube bumper on it, cut the fenders, and put some 27" all terrains on it. I want to swap the tires and bumper over to the subaru. The amount of money I've spent on the subaru over the last few months and how unreliable it is makes me pretty discouraged to keep daily driving it. I don't plan on selling it but I still needs a lot of work to get it to be a good driving car sadly. So with that being said I want to fix all the body damage on the saturn and then order some 2002-2007 WRX Coilovers off ebay (also the same coilovers that fit my subaru haha) and slam the shit out of the saturn! So I'll have two Manual wagons one stanced and one all offroad! Pics tomorrow! Also the subaru is currently still down because the wheel bearing pretty much exploded and destroyed the rotor, pads, hub assembly, and my cv axle. Thankfully I can just warrenty the cv axle at autozone so I don't have to buy a new one and I can get the rest of the parts from the junkyard!

Comment

All of my yes on that slammed Saturn wagon idea. I need to see that happen, badly.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                            All of my yes on that slammed Saturn wagon idea. I need to see that happen, badly.
                            Me too! Currently it looks more offroad then my subaru does but I can always replace the body panels that are fucked up and make it look clean again!

Comment

Can't wait to see some more progress!

Comment

Working...
                              X