New to me 1973 Bavaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 1973 Bavaria

Hello from Ohio, where it was 80 and sunny on Sunday and now it's 50 and rainy.

I recently purchased a 1973 BMW Bavaria in Polaris silver. Overall, it's not in bad shape. The body has some hail dings, and the front seats are shot. This is my second e3, I had a '71 for my first car many years ago.

My main mission at this time is to replace the stock steelies. I've found some 17" steelies from a company called Corsa Velocita that I really like, but I am a newbie when it comes to backspacing, offset, etc. Can anyone provide some guidance on what would fit this car? I'd like a flush look.

IMG_7690.jpg

Welcome!

First, google what your stock offset is. Then find out the offset on the wheels you're looking into buying.

negative offsets will yield a bigger lip. positive offsets will yield little to no lip.

zero offset means your hub is in line with the center of your wheel.

backspacing is just the measurement from the hub surface to the back of the wheel.

there's also this sweet online tool called WILLTHEYFIT where all you need to do is punch in your wheel and tire info and it will calculate your new fitment, with a visual.

good luck!
    @aybrando

Comment

Any pics of car

Comment

I've been looking for a Bav project. Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by Zboy View Post
          Any pics of car
          There's an attachment on the original post.

Comment

I tried to upload a few more, but the uploads kept failing.

Comment

Beauty there

Comment

Thanks!

My current project I replacing the oil pan. Once I had time to get around and under the car, I found a nice JB Weld patch on the pan that is now starting to weep. I have a used pan in hand, and I'm acquiring and borrowing the necessary equipment to drop the front subframe to remove and replace the pan. Fun stuff!

Comment

it's looking nice

Comment

Working...
                  X