No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your address, i got a stock one here i will send over if you want.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Is the MkahMotorsports painted on the diffuser or is it a sticker?

Comment

• Just a sticker, had to pull off one side however since I used blue tape and it pulled 2 letters off.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Front splitter ordered, I should have some updates on that next week when it shows up and I get it installed.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• it looks really good, cant wait to see the splitter on.
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Comment

• Went out this weekend and checked out a seat I was looking at on craigslist finally. Its out of date, but should be good for a while until I can really decide on what I want to run. Will make a cool office chair as well for what I paid. $180. The guy did upholstery adn you can tell on the custom leather back pad, and also the bottom cusions. I plan to replace the bottom section since he added foam, and go with something minimal I think. I took out one layer already which made me fit a lot better, but now the leather is a little loose. He did say it was OEM porsche leather which he picked up in germany to match his 911 he used to race.

Now to decide which floor mount I want to go with this time around.

recaro 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              recaro 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Decided monday after going back and forth on what I wanted, I ordered some VAC floor mounts and side mounts. Showed up in one day since I am only about an hour from them....wanted to go pick it up but didnt want to leave work.

vac box by minthinrich, on Flickr

You will see here I am not running standard side hardware, since after going out for the correct M8x1.25 bolts, only one hole had threads left and the rest were stripped out. I was kinda pissed but I didnt pay much for the seat so I broke out my tap and die set and ended up going up to 3/8-16 I think. A little bit of a pain due to the lazer cut side mounts, but a little file work and all is good. I will be pulling the seat again tho since I first had it damn near perfectly centered, and then had to move it up a little for better pedal reach. Also need to add in washers for the bolts that I will grab today at work.

vac mount by minthinrich, on Flickr

Finally the installed seat. I am getting new correct pads today for the bottom and will prolly try and sell the red leather.

recaro 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I just love this picture. Like I said before the MKAHmotorsport shift knob is great in a normal seating position, but when you get yourself lower in a race seat, wow its even better.

recaro 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                Last edited by hinrichs; 10-04-2017, 08:01 AM.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Seat is all black now, new bottom covers showed up in 2 days from the shop I had a suspicion would send them. Ordered direct from recaro but forgot about the master rep for the east coast that I was at before.

RECARO 5 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Splitter shows up tomorrow.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Dude, it looks like such a fun car to drive!

Making a Mercedes guy want an e36... *shudders*
                    Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Splitter installed, need to mess with the brackets more and change some things that I am not happy with.

SPLITTER 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      SPLITTER 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Hit 2 different junk yards over the weekend. Ended up finding one coupe but sadly didnt have good door seals so still on a hunt for them. Did however find a good shift surround in black, but it didnt have the locking button (dont really care). I also grabbed a non-armrest center console in tan, and also a glove box trim piece in tan. Sprayed them with some duplicolor vinyl die and they look oem. Forgot to get pics of them but I will once I get the interior cleaned up more. Still need to go back for a e-brake handle yet as I didnt have the right wrenches needed to pull the e-brake cables out.

BLACK CONSOLE 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      Last edited by hinrichs; 10-09-2017, 08:00 AM.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Awesome sir, this thread is so good. Hat's off to you about this job to make it so daily race car. Nice one!

Comment

• Love the splitter, mind me asking what material it is made of? Looks great

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                          I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                            Love the splitter, mind me asking what material it is made of? Looks great
                            Just simple ABS. Kinda happy with it, but not really happy with it at the same time.

My friends came over last night, finished up the E92 air install and threw on his wheels. Lots more little work to get going on it. They make my car look like a total POS.

M3 FRIENDS 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            M3 FRIENDS 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Looks fun to drive!
                              sigpic
                              Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• Nothing new to report, kinda ran out of money and interest so I have just been driving the car before winter hits and trying to get my garage in order.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X