Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really great pics but here you go.

Power wire for the relay tied into the stock jumper box. I ended up cutting the wire shorter instead of just coiling it up somewhere. I also may add in a fuse later down the line. The orange wire I need to find a clean way to get a 12V switched source for yet.

fan wiring 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Loomed it up decently and ran down with the stock wiring. This houses the red power wire for the fan and also the trigger wire that goes to the coolant sensor.

fan wiring 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

This is the temp switch tie in with for the grey wire. I tapped into the green/black I think wire which is the high speed line. I will retape this this cuz I am not happy with it lol.

fan wiring 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Chop that green/black wire, tap again, slide over some heat shrink and solder that so you never have to worry about loose connections. Did you use butt connectors? They can work fine but for something as vital as that I wouldn't risk it. Also if you're OCD about how your wiring looks look into picking up some 1/4 or 1/2" Techflex insulation. Super heat resistant and it looks great. It is what most harness makers use as their whole insulation and it's not really expensive at all. I got tired of the residue elec tape leaves over the years.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

I always use heat shrink butt connectors now, which I have yet to have a problem with, I will check it once and a while tho just to be safe.

I like that wrap stuff you mentioned, but I am trying to keep the wiring looking as oem as possible so I will just stick with tape, which I dont even like. I just didnt take my time to wrap it well.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Hey thanks man, i appreciate it. its pretty much how i have mine wired up but for some reason i cant get my fans to kick on. I tapped into pin #16 on the diagnostics port.

this is the diagram im using

photo fanwiringdiagram_zpsocjtf3ul.jpg
          E36 Bonnie

Comment

I was just going to say, get your switched power from the OBDII port.

@projects_always

Comment

So I finally sold my stock jeep wheels for what I wanted amazingly and I have been going back and forth over and over in my head about what I want to buy

I really want to get flares, but I think I will be conservative for a while, more since I am nervous about cutting up the car (still may happen down the line). I decided finally that I am just going to get some kosei K1 in 17x8.5 and run some agressive 245/40 tires. Havent decided on brand yet but I will do that tomorrow probably unless I get them today.

I do need/want a new suspension as well. I have been looking into the ISC N1 setup but talking to a local guy who races....has the coils which cant handle his car setup anymore...so over winter I may be getting his used setup which has been heavily upgraded due to he is running a 285/30 hoosier race slick. My only gripe with the megans is I dont have camber plates which they should have being they have 32 clicks of dampening control.

EDIT:

Just ordered the Kosei K1 17x8.5 et 40 with 245/40/17 continental extreme contact sport tires
              Last edited by hinrichs; 08-31-2017, 02:20 PM.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Tire Rack really killed it with this delivery. Ordered around 3-3:30 yesterday, got an email the wheels shipped. Updated tracking email this morning that they will be delivered today.

Just ran home and threw them in the garage for saftey, and opened one up. Happy with my decision.

kosei 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                kosei 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                kosei 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                kosei 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I cannot stand that tirerack wont let you search for wheels by size/bolt pattern/offset. Wish they had K1's in 5x114.3

Comment

Got the wheels on, running a 10mm spacer up front to clear the strut. Slight rubbing which I expected since I cant add any camber. I did add in the rear perches for now, and spun the fronts up a little. This is the height I plan to stay at. Should be ordering new coils next week.

WHEELS 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    WHEELS 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    WHEELS 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr

MkahMotorsports rear diffuser should be here next week as well which I hope will be an easy install. Also went with their tall shiftkob again.

Dont have any pics, its the wrong silver...titanium vs my artic...but I will finally have a door that isnt rusted out at the side trim. I will be getting a paint quote, or looking into other options for the whole car.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Looks good on this K1!

Comment

Looking proper man!

@projects_always

Comment

Forgot the bmw isnt a jeep last night

not a jeep 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

not a jeep 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I know its a shade off, I might have it painted, but not really sure on that yet. Prolly go get a quote next week if I have some extra time. Reason for the door swap was under the trim it was starting to rust kinda bad, so the trim would constantly fall off, and I was tired of looking at the bad paint that was also on the door. I think it was hit before, and when they sprayed it, the wrong color was used. Also need to redo the passenger door panel, top clip section was loose and fixed poorly which makes it sit high. Also want to pull the window and swap it with my tinted one, along with swapping the door handle/lock.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Kosei's are low key one of my favorite wheels. Looks solid!

Comment

Love the new wheels! My roommate has them on his M3 as well, can't beat them for the price.

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

Did you go with 245/40r17 all around? Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                                X