No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I hit the manifold swap as soon as I got home, really wasnt too bad to do. Still have some stuff to finish up tonight and the pics of the manifold on were before I finished the crap underneath and mounted up the throttle body. May end up ordering a new intake temp sensor tho so the whole thing may end up coming off again actually.

Crazy how much larger the runners are.

M50 COMPARISON by minthinrich, on Flickr

M50 INSTALL by minthinrich, on Flickr
    M50 INSTALL 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Another boring update

So over the weekend I finished the M50 manifold swap, had a huge vacuum leak, it was fun. Still extreemly annoyed as I never had any shipping issues with german auto parts before. Yeah tomorrow it will be a week and I dont have my needed sensors. Typically its next day or 2 day delivery.

So I washed the car finally, really **** the stock wheels but when they are clean they arent too bad.

CLEAN 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      CLEAN 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Starting to **** this car, new tps and cam sensors, yeah same issue with the tps. Plugged in it idles perfectly and runs great but you cant drive it. Un plug the sensor and you can drive.

So here is a pic of the engine once again but missing its cover. Also ended up bending a damn hood strut

I just want to get this fixed so I can start making this thing my own and picking wheels and shit before I decide to dump it and find another one.

MISSING COVER by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Since I cant seem to wait to install anything, decided to tackle the freshly delivered sai delete last night when I got home from work. Yeah that was stupid working on a hot motor. Anyway look at all the room I have for activities now.

Pulled this crap

sai 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          sai 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Have you tried tackling the TPS wiring by chance? There's a chance there is Signal circuit resistance if it's un-driveable. I would test the Feedback circuit from the sensor to the PCM. Also BMW TPS's don't have an adjustment do they?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Have help this weekend so I am going to test the harness and a few other things.

Last night I drove to philly to grab another Kirk 4 point roll bar however....you know just the thing I need right now

cage by minthinrich, on Flickr
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Had a plan to install this over the weekend and respray it....yeah all I did was move it outside.

cage 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I did move my tool boxes around tho and start to reorganize my garage which is long overdue.

tool box 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                tool box 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Last night I finished the one side of the garage a little more, and threw the car in. Forgot how good an e36 fits depending on which side your working on. Ended up pulling the intake manifold again to check some wires but its back together.

garage by minthinrich, on Flickr

Didnt really do much else other than clean the bay a little

dirty 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  dirty 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Ran home for my lunch break today, headlights showed up, threw one in. Went with depo ZKW with speed nipples. Couldnt stand the cracked lens anymore that came on the car. For new a new lens set at $80 to have them maybe not fit right, I just decided to get a new set and ditch the angel eyes.

Ignore my faded bumper

headlight 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  headlight 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  [/SIZE][/FONT]
                  Last edited by hinrichs; 05-23-2017, 01:08 PM.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Any news on the harness?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                      Any news on the harness?
                      Pulled the intake manifold last night to trace wires and everything looked good. Still having the same issues tho. I think this car had this issue before I purchased it since Im 95% sure that the tps was disconnected. I may try another ecu soon to rule that out (read somewhere it could be an issue).

Car started to smoke on start up tho which has me really worried. I have had really bad luck with cars recently.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

aside from the bad luck youve had with this one i like the direction, love the cage and that oldschool steering wheel

2 questions

1.) what colour you painting the cage?

2.) did you have to use the original sensor and throttlebody when you swapped inlet? or is it all built in? (im not a bmw guy so dont ****)
                        LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

My stage 3 Focus ST MK2 build:
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...CON-1-Focus-ST

Comment

Originally posted by Fudge View Post
                          aside from the bad luck youve had with this one i like the direction, love the cage and that oldschool steering wheel

2 questions

1.) what colour you painting the cage?

2.) did you have to use the original sensor and throttlebody when you swapped inlet? or is it all built in? (im not a bmw guy so dont ****)
                          1.Not really sure yet, last car I just left it black and it was boring. I was thinking red or something but thats kind of boring as well. Good thing as any color works well with silver. Thinking whatever it ends up being I will get whatever wheels I pick matched to the cage.

2.Yes original(and new) sensor, and also stock throttle body. The intake manifold I swapped is from an older m50 which is obd1 and flows better.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                            1.Not really sure yet, last car I just left it black and it was boring. I was thinking red or something but thats kind of boring as well. Good thing as any color works well with silver. Thinking whatever it ends up being I will get whatever wheels I pick matched to the cage.

2.Yes original(and new) sensor, and also stock throttle body. The intake manifold I swapped is from an older m50 which is obd1 and flows better.
                            GT3RS Green

you need to get it diagnosed, was it acting up before the manifold swap?
                            LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

My stage 3 Focus ST MK2 build:
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...CON-1-Focus-ST

Comment

Hopefully friday I can get the car up to a shop an hour away to try and figure some stuff out as well as tune it for whats been done so far.

Last night I installed the headlights, and broke one of them already (well the sidemarker tab) so I am pissed about that. Also did an oil change and it was just black with no signs of coolant.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

If it runs good without a tps maybe it's because it goes into open loop that way? That would mean it could also be maf or o2 sensors instead. Maybe try unpluging the maf instead of the tps to see if it acts the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X