• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More cage needed, gonna be fun installing this

cage 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I love the 18's on my car but for serious track use it seems like 17's would be a better idea
      grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Test fit one side of the cage last night since I was alone and didnt really wanna pull the driver seat and floor pan. It fits well, and no the door bars wont be together like that. That is the angle they should be at however and will end up 7" apart per rules. I wouldnt mind adding in some extra tubing if I get a change to get a notcher and some spare tube in time.

CAGE TEST FIT by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• While waiting for my friend to get to my house, I was bored and made a new logo for the car. Gonna run my work logo since its my family business. Prolly end up taking it off soon, but hey I think it looks kinda cool.

WORK LOGO by minthinrich, on Flickr

When he showed up we went about test fitting the cage again, pulling the headliner due to welding (its not going back in) and then welded up the whole thing. I have a few little spots to hit tonight and clean up, then I can paint the whole thing and throw the seats and floor pans back in.

CAGE FIT 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

CAGE WELDED by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also, depending on funds this winter...I will prolly be going with this guys wheel/tire/flare setup (or order new flares) but still the wheels have brand new slicks so I need to talk about pricing once he is done racing. 285/30 slicks on 18x10 Enkei NT03+M. He is going 18x12 with stupid wide flares to handle the power he is putting down.

mark by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I'm liking the progress man, that cage is gonna be sweet!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
            "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
            SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• That Estoril Blue M3 is nuts, the videos of him driving that car are just insane. Glad to see you're still making progress, also side note here. No company makes good overs for these cars that actually fit how Ollie's did so I'm glad you stepped away from that idea. I intended on running overs on my car but mine fit so bad that I never installed them

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Sorta of fun update, I have been kinda busy.

I ended up painting the cage with a brush...its not the best but it works and I will touch everything up this winter when the car is parked and make it look a lot better. Got the foam padding I needed and wrapped it so it is legal. Its interesting to drive now for sure you feel and nice and protected. Didnt take any pictures of them but I got the floor pans cut and painted for the cage too. Much better in black

cage wrapped by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also was trying to figure out something to delete the glove box area that looked better than the metal panels people are making. I know its a "race car" but I do want it to look good at the same time If I decide to show it sometime. I was digging around through all the stuff I removed from the car and was staring at the glove box itself thinking hmm maybe I can just trim some stuff and make you work. Well the part that needed to be cut off is where the latch is that holds the lid shut. So....I ripped off the front cover and boom it fit like a glove with 2 hidden zip ties since the top fits under the kill switch panel I am running. I call that a win for sure and it looks oem to me. Also added in the side piece. Ignore the wiring mess, still working on that which most will be pulled this winter as well.

DASH1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                DASH2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Decided to use some cheap heat reflective gold tape under the trans tunnel to help with heat a little, and threw some on the intake for extra race car scene points. I did get a new filter, its smaller but should be fine...no pics of that. Also wrapped up my straight pipe section which I think I will run from now on. Good god does it sound mean.

exhaust wrapped by minthinrich, on Flickr
                gold wrap by minthinrich, on Flickr
                gold wrap 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Changed classes to race, just need to delete the headlights yet (per class rules) and decide which panels I will be ordering or maybe Ill make some. Added some scca stickers while I was at it as well.

new stickers by minthinrich, on Flickr

About a week or so ago my friend hit me up telling me he was selling his trailer since he picked up a 20ft enclosed for his gti race car. It was an older trailer...from 79 and the deck was a little short but it fit okay. Just wasn't really sure I wanted the split open deck or a trailer that old.

TRAILER TEST by minthinrich, on Flickr

Kept looking around online at different dealers, and looked at a few trailers in person and finally decided to just get one local which ended up having a 5 year warranty and made semi locally as well. All the other brands were 1 year which was kind of annoying. It doesn't have removable fenders but my door clears with a few inches. Still need to order straps and get the dealer to give me a spare but I am happy with it. Threw it on the trailer to test it out last night but couldn't take it for a drive since I need to order straps and hooks yet.

first hook up by minthinrich, on Flickr
                trailer queen 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                trailer queen 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Congrats on the trailer! Does the car feel way stiffer now with the cage?

Comment

• Love the m3

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                      Congrats on the trailer! Does the car feel way stiffer now with the cage?
                      Sadly I havent driven the car yet other than around the driveway and onto the trailer since I havent had time to get a new alignment yet. Planning to try that one night this week since my friend says he can do it better than a shop (he used to drift and has all the tools). I would think the car should be a little stiffer however. The rear section really helped. I have a feeling tho, I will be redoing the cage next year or after that with a better one that fits tighter in a few spots to give me a little more room. Just not sure if I want to do that in this shell, or try and find another one thats gutted and have that welded in there and start fresh to make life a lot easier.

I did get my straps so drove around a little with the car to test out the trailer and built some ramps to make loading without taking off the bumper possible. I was also dragging my rear diffuser each time as well.

trailer queen 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      trailer queen 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I did also get 4 extra weld on d-rings so I plan to add some this weeke when I get time. Not sure if I want to move my rear strap locations to closer in the middle, but I will prolly add them there just incase to have extra options.

Also got bored while waiting for my girlfriend and decided my helmet was far too boring all white. Few min on the vinyl cutter and here you have it. There is also a bmw roundel on top.

helmet mod by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      Last edited by hinrichs; 09-04-2018, 09:35 AM.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Went karting with the lady the other night, was a good idea since I got to wear my helmet for a few hours on and off to get used to it a little. Also wore my gloves which really helped.

carting by minthinrich, on Flickr

Over the weekend I swapped rotors and pads. Ended up getting bimmerworlds "cheap aftermarket" rotors which they use on a lot of their race cars due to performance and price. They are nothing special but will be fine for what I need out of the car. Went with hawk hp plus pads which seem awesome so far....but they are screaming.

Front rotors werent really bad at all, rears a little worse (forgot to take a pic). Front pads were also new but I did get a pic of the rears to compare.

new brakes by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        old brakes by minthinrich, on Flickr

Since I have to leave thursday for the race, I decided to finally get an alignment.

alignment by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Overall how bad was it? My new chassis came with just rotors. No calipers no pads.
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Where's the race at?

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                              Where's the race at?
                              Weatherly PA . http://pahillclimb.org/about/the-courses/weatherly/

I might also be racing Polish Mountain in october as well.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• love all the pics! keep posting!

Comment

Working...
                                X