No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered cheap control arms, lets see what happens. Also going to try and add a little toe out. I hope someday soon my overs finally get shipped, keep asking about them and dont really get answers.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Clean whips

Comment

• +1 on the BFH comment. Hammer fixes everything
        2 328i e36's
        Saabaru linear 2.5na
        Various projects.
        sigpic
        Intro;
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Night shot cuz why not...this was before the new arms

NIGHT SHOT by minthinrich, on Flickr

Pulled the arms...well this is what I found. All this damn time I could have had something that drove 10x better. Nothing like being thick headed and not just ordering parts. I should have went E46 arms but I can do that over winter. Both sides were this bad.

IMG_2175 (1) by minthinrich, on Flickr

In non stance, race related things. I bought a suit, and gloves. Tried a few on and I am very happy with my choice for the price I paid. I would have loved to get the next step up...but it was expensive. I still need a helmet and shoes but other than that I am good to go. Car needs a few things as well but nothing major at all.

It sure all got real once I had the suit on and got to sit in my car with it on.

suit 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          suit 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• One thing yet, and I am good saftey wise. Kinda crazy how the scca rules are. Yesterday I went to probably one of my favorite shops...Stable Energies....and picked up a helmet, head balaclava, socks, shoes, HANS III device, and SFI roll cage padding. I do need to hit the local shop again for the arm restraints but I am good to go. I know another super exciting non stance related update. I do have a small battery coming in today, and also camber shims tomorrow so maybe that will be more exciting.

saftey gear by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Another boring update.

Cage padding added, which parts will be removed since I needed to go to a 6 point...which sucks cuz I am missing the local race but still have 2 more to finish out the year. It was a 250$ gamble to have the cage section in time and without it, I had no class to really run in so oh well. I was dumb and waited far too long.

cage padding by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also, made this cool new arm rest. Used one of the quick release mounts from my jeep which I am kinda glad I saved.

fire mount by minthinrich, on Flickr

Next. After waited what seemed like forever, which is more around 7-8 weeks I think after being told these would ship in 2 . I got my over fenders from Acetech.co I think is the name now. 40mm front and 50mm rear. Not really sure if I will even run them but thats my fall/winter project. The real issue is cheap/wide wheels that will fit properly. I have no idea where to begin to look. Hard to get rid of my current wheels since they only weight 17 lb each.

fenders by minthinrich, on Flickr
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Cheap, wide wheels you say?! Cosmis!

But really, the Enkei and Konig have been killing it lately with light, strong, affordable wheels.
                Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• I will look into those again, Just hard to find something with the proper offset to run with the flares. Another big decision is 17 vs 18s.

Looks like most of the cosmis that are wide are only in 5x114 tho
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• ESR has a forged line coming out...

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• Very nice race car build
                      - VW Polo 6N OpenAir on Exip mesh wheels

- Austin Mini mayfair 1985

Instagram: oscar_polow

Comment

• Have to do some offroading to get to the back of my house where my garage is, so why not stop for a pic and confuse my neighbors.

YARD PARKED by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also half ass test fit, I will be selling these I think for what I paid....which saves someone 8 weeks of shipping. 40mm/50mm

SHIT FITMENT by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Why do they sit higher than the arch??? Wing is frigging awesome
                          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• I have it lined up really poorly
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• firstly....

e36 needs 17s. best wheel to run in terms of sizes. 17 with a chunky tyre for track/fast set ups. 17s with skinny tyres for stance boy life.

18s are a no.

also if you can only find wheels in a 5x114.3 fitment just ask for adaptors i can make you some 15mm ones if need be. or wider if wanted.
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                                firstly....

e36 needs 17s. best wheel to run in terms of sizes. 17 with a chunky tyre for track/fast set ups. 17s with skinny tyres for stance boy life.

18s are a no.

also if you can only find wheels in a 5x114.3 fitment just ask for adaptors i can make you some 15mm ones if need be. or wider if wanted.
                                I am switching directions in what I will run, might end up with an 18 but I know what fits the hard motorsport flares. My friend running a LS3 4 door on the hill has the flares, running 18x10 et25 w/ 285/30 slicks. Still rather stick with 17s tho.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X