Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Round 3....another M3 build

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Well, finally test drove the car.......yeah pump is whining like never before so guess its toast. Prolly gonna just get one of those delete plates for now and rebuild the pump again or something. Not really sure what I want to do. a "rebuilt" pump is over 450 so not really looking to go that route.

All the threads I can find, everyone says dont delete it....so there isnt much to read up on the E36 chassis and the delete working well. Everyone who seems to do it, is running an e36 rack in an E30
    Power steering pump needs replacing is this what your saying?

I love this thing man

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Got the ps delete installed. Wasnt too bad honestly. Worst part was pulling off my front splitter. I am starting to redo the mounts, but I am not sure how I will be making them yet. I really like how the hardmotorsport one mounts, and I could just buy their kit....but I think I can save $160 and do it myself. I have a few ideas, or maybe ill just sell this one and run something different. I am on the fence on selling the car as well tho cuz I really want another E46

ps delete by minthinrich, on Flickr

Spent the rest of the weekend building this which was a lot of fun. My garage is kinda heated but with it being real cold here, its been a little colder than I would like to be out there in.

porsche lego by minthinrich, on Flickr
    15 Rubicon.Coilovers.37s
    97 M3
    05 Triumph Bonneville

Still no real updates, but I bought a small heater since its been very cold in the garage giving me no motivation to do anything out there. Need to get it mounted and wired up tho which I hope I can manage to get done tonight.

heater by minthinrich, on Flickr

I did however finally order some parts for the car as I got my motivation back to try and race this year....all depending on what the car is going to need to get race legal...SCCA has tough rules for sure.

I will have to pull the seat once again which I really dont want to do, but went with the VAC anti sub harness mount, and also their lap belt kit.

vac lap belt by minthinrich, on Flickr
    vac anti sub by minthinrich, on Flickr

Undecided on what harness I will be running. I am leaning towards the racequip ones since they are cheap and I know I shouldnt skimp out on saftey items, but in the chance I dont actually race again, I dont want to drop 350+ on a harness when I can get a SFI rated one for around $90
    15 Rubicon.Coilovers.37s
    97 M3
    05 Triumph Bonneville