Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Round 3....another M3 build

Some really boring updates....

Finally got the back window painted and installed with all the bolts. Only had to drill 4 rivnuts out (ended up using a bolt and washer method instead of a new tool cuz I cant decide which to get). Happy with the fitment. Also switched to black coated washers that were a smaller od and they look 10x better. The fitment is very good on the window, I just have it a little off center.

window 5 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    window 6 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Switched out the hardware on the rear 1/4 windows as well, and added 2 more bolts to the front. 2 bolts were prolly enough, but I wanted the top to fit tighter and now they seem more secure. Cant wait to see how well these vents actually work. Hopefully since the car really isnt sealed, it wont fog up on me. I might add some vents to the bottom of the rear window as well, but not sure if thats needed yet.

1-4 window 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    1-4 window 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also pulled the wing so I can redo the tension rods, or sell it for a different wing I have my eye on. It sure makes the car look weird to me, but its way easier to walk around the car now in the garage. Also here is about what the front looks like now on the new springs and lowered down. I really need to make my camber gauge to see how much I lost from pulling the lower shims. Currently its 18x10 et 20 and I think sits perfectly. I will get better pics cuz I forgot to save the one from my story.

fitment 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    fitment 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    fitment 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Thanks man, we will have to meet up someday. Wouldnt mind seeing your wagon

I am keeping them, just either adding another set of wheels, or putting the "street" tires on them. The suspension is actually more dialed in now, I just havent been able to roll it out of the garage. Also just picked up a new project last night lol.

Which Wagon? lol

Quote Originally Posted by saturnstance View Post
    Which Wagon? lol
    No more lexus sport cross?
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

I still have it.

I listed it for sale though. Life happened.

I still have the subaru.

xxcody2130xx is offline Lower than your standards StanceWorks Visitor

Looks so good, nice and meaty flush
    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Car is getting neglected since it has a new room mate in the garage, I felt bad so I bought it another set of wheels. 18x10 ARC-8 In satin black.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Car is getting neglected since it has a new room mate in the garage, I felt bad so I bought it another set of wheels. 18x10 ARC-8 In satin black.
    Yes pics? This thing chuuunky
    I just need something to go from point A to point B
    so i bought 3 bmws
    @cressidodd

Quote Originally Posted by cressidodd View Post
    Yes pics? This thing chuuunky
    Ill get some once I get the wheels and finally get the tires that have been sitting in my living room mounted. The new wheels are getting the 265/35/18 which seem very close in size to the extra slicks in my basement lol. The car currently looks like complete ass and is covered in dust. I feel really bad for it.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

The car currently looks like complete ass and is covered in dust. I feel really bad for it.
    Tell me about it. My technoviolet coupes been under a pine tree for months now
    I just need something to go from point A to point B
    so i bought 3 bmws
    @cressidodd

Feel bad for a project so you buy parts.

This is 100% me lol

Quote Originally Posted by saturnstance View Post
    Feel bad for a project so you buy parts.

This is 100% me lol
    Main real push to buy another set was so I can drive the car before june. As it sits, its a garage/trailer queen that cant legally be driven on the street.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Wheels come tonight, hopefully I can get the tires mounted asap so I can move it around.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Nice bmw

Wheels were delivered yesterday around lunch time, so I went to get them and loaded up the truck so I could take them over to my friends shop bn-imports who stayed late to get them mounted up. Wasnt planning on getting them done right away but glad I did so I can maybe drive the car on the street soon. Still need an alignment tho which might take some time since my friend who did it last time moved to a now shop further away. I guess its time to really figure it out myself.

truck loaded by minthinrich, on Flickr

Of course had to get a shot with one wheel on the stack of tires. Kinda funny how different they fit in the truck vs the slicks (slicks dont fit 4 across)

bn imports by minthinrich, on Flickr

Was nervous at first watching a new tech they have mounting some truck wheels/tires but my friend ended up mounting them instead. Was nice to see him since I had to chat about the other wheels and slicks since I need to swap the spare set on for this year to start out. So happy once I saw the tire mounted.

mounted 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Took them home and threw them on the dirty ass car. Wanted to see the size difference. It looks like a lot in this picture, but in person it seems like maybe 1" width difference.

mounted 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Rear went on first, and it needs to be spaced out a little I feel. I have a 12.5 I might throw on top of the 5mm that I always run.

rear 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Then went to the front which fits perfectly with just the 5mm spacer.

front 12 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    font 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Here is a crappy pic of the side, the car is filthy and there isnt much room around it. I will try and get it out this weekend if the weather holds up and get some better pictures.

side shot by minthinrich, on Flickr
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Had some decent weather and decided to pull the car out of the garage. Drove it over to a friends house which was nice to stretch its legs a little bit. It was still cold but not too bad without heat since it was a short trip.

side 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    side 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    side 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    side 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also had an idea, and needed to redo my business logo anyway. So I figure try something like hard motorsport sells, and after a little weeding and figuring out placement. I ended up with this. I am planning on doing the rear, leaving the front alone (other than removing the roll call stickers). I might do something on the hood but not really sure yet.

ys logo 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

I like the tabs a lot on the trunk by themselves lol